New member from Denmark

Started by Eigon, 02/06/2016 09:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cfickter

Welcome to CG from Pittsburgh pa USA
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

RDF

Welcome to the group from Michigan!
HokieSmokes!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." H. Jackson Brown

Brlesq

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

millarddj

Welcome from Hastings, Minnesota!
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

Vroomp

:welcome: to the site~!

I also prefer my Rum neat and here are my current four favorites....

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

Eigon

QuoteVroomp - 2/7/2016  12:29 PM  

Nice rums. What is the name of the third one, DonQ ? I haven't seen that one before.

Eigon

STL_Cohiba

Welcome from St Louis Missouri
"The only way to break a bad habit was to replace it with a better habit." Jack Nicholson, explaining why he switched from cigarettes to cigars" -Jack Nicholson

http://cigargeeks.com/humidor/default.asp?
action=humidor&member=STL%5FCohiba

Vroomp

QuoteEigon - 2/7/2016  8:10 AM  

QuoteVroomp - 2/7/2016  12:29 PM  

Nice rums. What is the name of the third one, DonQ ? I haven't seen that one before.

The Don Q Anejo is a Puerto Rican Rum and probably their best~!

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

sevencardstud

"Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar." -Mark Twain

Mojo66

Another welcome from Canada, you will like it here at CG
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

Ted

QuoteEigon - 2/6/2016  1:06 PM  Zacapa 23 was my first rum, when I started getting serious about drinking it neat. Try the Zacapa Reserva Limited 2014, the 90 proof gives it a little more taste. I don't think the Ballast Point is avaiable in Europe, but I do have a rum from Smooth Ambler, a West Virginia distillery. If you like stronger, not so sweet rums, then the 99 proof Revelation Rum is pretty good. And something of a find, considering it is 20 year old Jamaican rum. For the more smooth rums, which first got me started, do try the Ron Quorhum 30, Ron Millonario XO, Plantation Barbados 20 Anniversary, Ron Cartavio XO. And if you would like something stronger, then a really good, not expensive rum is the Panama Red 108 Overproof. In Denmark the price is low enough that if you don't like it neat, then you can just mix it with whatever you like (mind you, it is pretty good neat). I haven't tried Old Monk, but I know the feeling. I have a bottle of haitian rum, Clairin Vaval, which is unaged, straigth from the distillation into the bottle. I sat looking at the glass for a quarter of an hour, before I convinced myself, that it couldn't possible taste as bad as it smelled. Let us just say that is probably not going to be opened again.

Awesome, thanks for the recommendations!  I will add these to the list to try. Except for the Vaval that is!

plnortham

Phil Northam

"I never smoke to excess - that is, I smoke in moderation, only one cigar at a time." ~Mark Twain

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." ~W.C. Fields

terrys1991

"I feel a whole lot more like I do right now, than I did a while ago"

CharlieDon'tSurf

Welcome Eigon.  You are in for a fun ride.

1sgjeffward

:welcome: from Northern Colorado.
Jeff

"Trust those who seek the truth but doubt those who say they have found it."

? André Gide

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=1sgjeffward

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.