RB Genesis Ashtray...

Started by Ted, 02/07/2016 11:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ted

OK, my cheapness may have gotten the best of me.  :-)

I needed a cheap ashtray for my garage. Nothing fancy, just needed something for the occasional winter cigar. Had seen the Ramon Bueso Genesis The Project 6 cigar and ashtray combo on sale for a few years. Figured $19 for a few cigars and an ashtray that included a small drawer for a couple of cheap cutters and lighters would be perfect for my needs.

Actually a pretty simple ashtray that's pretty much exactly what I wanted. Except for one thing...

Have they really been selling this ashtray for 3+ years without usable cigar rests?! As you can seem the inner, removable ashtray blocks the cigar rests carved into the main ashtray frame. Seriously? Nobody caught this in how many years?

Oh well. Got a Dremel for XMas. Guess it's time to pretend I'm Bob Villa.  :biggrin:

bstessl

Wow...  just a minor oversight.  :LMAO:
Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

ninfiction

I have one of those, got it about a year and a half ago. Haven't used it as an ashtray though, I was thinking if I did I would either just get rid of the tray and ash into the drawer or modify it like you're thinking. Not really usable as is.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

toby2

sevencardstud

"Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar." -Mark Twain

Cfickter

Have one also, nice little package
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

MacMac

The dermael tool should fix it right up!
Joe aka MacMac to 9 Grandkids

Otter

R, Otter
------------------------------------------------------
Certified Retail Tobacconist
CRA Ambassador #0264
Twitter: @GeekCoefficient
Instagram: Geekcoefficient
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cigargeeks/

My Virtual Humidor: http://tinyurl.com/a9umtsr

gitfiddl

The similar Macanudo ashtray has the same issue:
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

tjm0831

Phog

This is actually my go to ashtray.  Mine has a that "lip" too, but it's not as severe as yours.  I can rest my cigars no problem.  Lucky me!

Mojo66

That's basic engineering, are cigar boxes made in China now :confused:

"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.