XIPHOS CONTEST WINNER NAMED!!

Started by Vroomp, 02/09/2016 07:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

headfirst

When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

Mojo66

New guess for me as well:

"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

raize

An architect's most useful tools are an eraser at the drafting board, and a wrecking bar at the site.
- Frank Lloyd Wright

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=raize

Vroomp

There are plenty of guesses within .01-.02, but there is one that is within .0031 of the correct answer~! :biggrin:

Use those math skills to figure out which one it is...... :?:

Any of you newbs that wish to enter are welcome to guess ~!  :smoker:

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

raize

I thought it was "closest wins", not "we play til someone gets it...
An architect's most useful tools are an eraser at the drafting board, and a wrecking bar at the site.
- Frank Lloyd Wright

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=raize

Vroomp

It is closest guess wins, but this contest isn't officially over until March 10th~!

That gives you plenty of time to enter more guesses, although if you simply guess all possible combinations I will have to disqualify you for the infraction of spamming~!

Let's limit this to 4 guesses per person please!

Rules~! I don't do well with those things~!

I make them up as I go.......

And re-route the pass box to me every third person too~! :biggrin:

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.

headfirst

This contest just got disgusting.  You're telling me there are guesses that qualify as winners but you're gonna have us all second guessing ourselves until March 10th?!  You are one sick puppy! :lmao:
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

Vroomp

There can be only one winner and that is the first guess posted closest to the mark. There is, however, a possibility to beat the current leader by guessing closer than the .0031 spread.....  Get it? :confused:

Here's what the owner of Renegade Cigars in Richardson, Texas said about the new Xiphos NR Robusto.

"Brad: Your cigars are so full of flavor. They will sell like crazy. Really one of the better cigars I have had in a long time."-Brandon Hayes

headfirst

"The person who can tell me within 1/100 of a percent what percentage of them were Xiphos bands will be the first to receive a sample of my new blends"

That sounded to me like get within a 0.01 margin and you're a winner...alright then, two more guesses for me...
-Charles Spurgeon

quickme

Lets see if I can get a piece of the pie.   0.314159.....   hahahah

Vroomp

Quoteheadfirst - 2/25/2016  2:49 PM  "The person who can tell me within 1/100 of a percent what percentage of them were Xiphos bands will be the first to receive a sample of my new blends"  That sounded to me like get within a 0.01 margin and you're a winner...alright then, two more guesses for me...

1/100 of .01 is .0001  no one is that close yet........  Math baby~!

headfirst

I thought surely he doesn't mean that level of accuracy, he must mean within .01...alrighty then!
-Charles Spurgeon

headfirst

-Charles Spurgeon

Scap

QuoteVroomp - 2/9/2016  9:59 PM
>   If I had 60 bands and 13 were Xiphos the answer would be 19÷60=.3166 (or .3167 if you round up, your choice here :?: )

Not sure if serious....13 became 19.... ;)

Here's my guess.

Vroomp

QuoteScap - 2/25/2016  5:38 PM  
QuoteVroomp - 2/9/2016  9:59 PM >   If I had 60 bands and 13 were Xiphos the answer would be 19÷60=.3166 (or .3167 if you round up, your choice here :?: )
Not sure if serious....13 became 19.... ;)  Here's my guess. .6842

There were no realistic hints given in my examples but nice to see you guessing~! :biggrin:

Hint:  Plus I smoke a lot more cigars than that~!  :shades:

nirab

The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Vroomp

Add caption here  :biggrin:

nirab

Missed it by that much!...oh so close!  :shy:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

nwb

Chief of Shaft

ntanner

I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Scap

QuoteVroomp - 2/25/2016  7:20 PM

QuoteScap - 2/25/2016  5:38 PM  
QuoteVroomp - 2/9/2016  9:59 PM >   If I had 60 bands and 13 were Xiphos the answer would be 19÷60=.3166 (or .3167 if you round up, your choice here :?: )
Not sure if serious....13 became 19.... ;)  Here's my guess. .6842

There were no realistic hints given in my examples but nice to see you guessing~! :biggrin:

Hint:  Plus I smoke a lot more cigars than that~!  :shades:

I was giving you grief about the example having a math error.... :angel:

Savonian

1sgjeffward

Jeff

"Trust those who seek the truth but doubt those who say they have found it."

? André Gide

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=1sgjeffward

Savonian

QuoteSavonian - 2/26/2016  9:45 AM

Let's guess .3844

Hmmm... No, silly me. Of course it can't be .3844. My second guess is .3636

Scap

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.