Contest: Review a Cigar given to you by a Geek

Started by ninfiction, 03/01/2016 04:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

headfirst

Just reviewed a Diesel Special Edition Corona courtesy of a trade with McBryde, that was a good smoke, thanks E! :thumbsup:
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

ninfiction

Excellent reviews guys! Keep em coming.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

GrouchoM

I'm new to the forum but would love to participate. Is that possible?
The secret word is cigars!

MacMac

Quick question...Could the cigar be one purchased from another Geek or does it have to be a gift/bomb?
Joe aka MacMac to 9 Grandkids

05Venturer

Just posted in my review of a Quintero (Cuban) (Quintero y Hermano) Favoritos given to me by John(aka Sparklepony) :dancing:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

05Venturer

QuoteMacMac - 3/5/2016  5:43 AM

Quick question...Could the cigar be one purchased from another Geek or does it have to be a gift/bomb?

"Here's the deal, smoke a cigar that another Geek(member of this forum) has given you, complete a review for the cigar, post here with the cigar name and the Geek's name the gave it to you and you're entered. Easy right? Yep, that's it. Smoke, type, win cigars.

Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

ninfiction

QuoteGrouchoM - 3/5/2016  2:35 AM

I'm new to the forum but would love to participate. Is that possible?

I limited the contest to Veteran Status or higher, which is 60 days on the site and 100 forum posts. Sorry you'll have to sit this one out, but you'll have all kinds of chances if you stick around.

ninfiction

QuoteMacMac - 3/5/2016  5:43 AM

I would prefer they were given to you, bombed or gifted or contest winnings....that being said, if you purchased a "fiver" but received 7 or 8 those extras could be considered gifts or if you bought a sampler for say $25 and ended up with double or triple that those "extras" could be considered gifts.

I'm not going to be doing background checks   :shy:

MacMac

Joe aka MacMac to 9 Grandkids

appollo

Just reviewed a Drew Estate Muwat Kentucky Fire Cured Just a Friend recieved from Chris[cmbrose] in the bombing run pass.I wanted to try one of these,but after this one there won't be another.

nirab

Reviewed the Cabaiguan Guapos - Toro Grande Maduro, given to me in a pif from fellow geek Hebron. What a killer cigar!!!!  :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

ninfiction

Quoteappollo - 3/6/2016  3:38 PM

Just reviewed a Drew Estate Muwat Kentucky Fire Cured Just a Friend recieved from Chris[cmbrose] in the bombing run pass.I wanted to try one of these,but after this one there won't be another.

Very much how I feel about them.

Nice start to the contest guys!

appollo

Reviewed a Drew Estate UnderCrown Shade Robusto I received from Joe [MacMac] as a prize in the ordinary Super bowl picks this year.Pretty good smoke for a Connecticut wrapper.

Camshaft83

Just reviewed a Pinar del Rio Small Batch Exclusive Black Corojo Double Robusto I got from Nirab.  Pretty good cigar.
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

StogieDad

Just reviewed the Warped Don Reynaldo the Bruce sent me.  Fantastic cigar.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Camshaft83

Just reviewed a Liga Privada #9 Belicoso I got from danb6177. Fantastic complex smoke.
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

ninfiction

headfirst

Reviewed a Man O' War Puro Authentico Corona Maduro sent to me by Mike Casey in the weight loss contest.  Very good cigar, thanks Mike!
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

Cfickter

Great idea, I guess I need to begin smoking some!
Thanks for the contest
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

tjm0831

Just burned and reviewed an Anoranzas Churchill from Nathan (nwb) from a 15ct, whoops, 16ct, sampler!  Guess this one will be the extra!  Thanks brother!

ninfiction

Going to be a gorgeous weekend here, great time to smoke those gifted cigars!

tjm0831

Quoteninfiction - 3/11/2016  10:07 AM

Going to be a gorgeous weekend here, great time to smoke those gifted cigars!

Louisiana's flooding again, but a good time to smoke cigars nonetheless!  (indoors of course  :shy: )

Mojo66

I had missed this. Great idea. I wanna play.
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

appollo

caldwell Iberian Express Murcias Especial Corona Gordo given to me by Stogiedad.Nice smoke thanks  :biggrin:

tjm0831

Just reviewed an Alec Bradley Nica Puro Bajito and a Tatuaje Tattoo Caballero given to me as bonuses in an Oliva sampler from ThinBlueLine.  Thanks brother!

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.