Contest: Review a Cigar given to you by a Geek

Started by ninfiction, 03/01/2016 04:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nirab

Reviewed the Emilio Draig K Corona I got from Bruce a couple of years ago.  :biggrin:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

nirab

Reviewed the Room 101 Original 213, given to me by Stephen (sjn1117)...miss that geek...

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

tjm0831

Damn, just realized I maxed out my entries in this contest!  Guess I'll just have to keep smoking stogies from you guys anyway!   :cigarman:

benchjockey

Reviewed the La Aroma de Cuba Mi Amor Reserva Maximo gifted to me by Secret Santa millarddj. Thanks, Daniel, for another outstanding smoke!
You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

ninfiction

About halfway thru the month, lots of great entries so far. I'll see if I can get a list put together tonight to see where we're at. Keep em coming!
This is not the admin you're looking for...

MacMac

Reviewed a The Drew Estate Liga Privada Unico Serie Feral Flying Pig given to me by Longhorn.
Joe aka MacMac to 9 Grandkids

StogieDad

Just put in a Diplomaticos No. 2 jharrisx5 sent me in a Wishlist PIF.  Thanks buddy!
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Camshaft83

A Crowned Heads Jericho Hill OBS given to me by millarddj. My favorite smoke I've had this year so far.  :bigthumbs:
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

appollo

Received a Crowned Heads Las Calavers Edicion Lc52 from Brian ninfiction in a pif bomb.Thanks alot Brian great smoke really enjoyed it on the first day of spring.

appollo

Smoked a Padron Traditional Corticos given to me by Frank {Okieeagle] in a trade.Thanks Frank  :-)

bmac7754

Reviewed the Tatuaje Tattoo Universo I got in a bomb from Phog
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

bmac7754

Reviewed the Room 101 Original 404 I got in a bomb from Phog
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

ninfiction

About a week left I believe, and Easter weekend to boot. i see you guys posting in the ..smoking...given to me by... thread, why not do a quick review and get an entry here!

StogieDad

A Perdomo 20th Anni Maduro Churchill that Kerry sent me in the FFL league winnings is now posted.  Good cigar.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Camshaft83

A Panacea Black Maduro Robusto I got from millarddj. Pretty good smoke.
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

tjm0831

I just smoked and reviewed a Tat Miami Reserva Series Petite Cazadores Reserva that I got from ThinBlueLine as a bonus with an Oliva sampler.  I know that I'm over the limit, but I thought that I would make the post anyway.  Thanks brother!  Great cigars, great Geek!

benchjockey

The owner of my local B&M claims he is the largest seller of the Leaf by Oscar in Florida. I told him I didn't need to buy any because Vroomp sent me one. He mumbled something about "never meeting a Vroomp he ever liked." My thanks to Brad for sending this maduro toro as part of the OAG PIF and have submitted my review.
You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

ninfiction

Ok guys, only a couple days left, we'll cut this off about Midnight Central Thursday night...on Friday morning when I get around to putting together the list.

All names and cigars will go into a spread sheet, I'll attach and random number to each entry then use the good ole random number generator to a winner. May the odds be ever in your favor!

headfirst

Smoked a Flatbed Azul Robusto given to me by RDF in the Secret Santa exchange.  Not my fave but still glad to try it, thanks Randy!
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

StogieDad

Romeo y Julieta Reserve Maduro Toro I got from Sammy (sauraspop) a couple years ago.  Been a while since he was around.  Cool dude.
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

headfirst

For my 5th and final installment in the contest I smoked an AKA Nth Degree Apex given to me by nirab in the weight loss contest last year, good cigar.
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

ninfiction

Alright guys, give me some time to put the list together. We'll have a winner today.

Thanks to everyone that participated and added reviews to our database!

nirab

Thanks for running this contest Brian! If I don't win, I hope you do...good luck y'all!!  :biggrin:   :bigthumbs:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

appollo

great contest Brian,good luck everyone  :-)

ninfiction

Alright! 33 total entries of which 2 (Tat Tattoo and Room 101 Original) were reviewed by 2 geeks, but different vitolas.

I figured what the heck, 2 winners...

benchjockey was selected randomly first....and second, so I had to select again
Camshaft83 was the 2nd(3rd) winner.

I'll get your prizes packed up this weekend and dropped in the mail on Monday.

Thanks to everyone that participated...if anyone wants to see the spreadsheet and Random Number generator screenshots let me know.

Keep smoking those cigars that have been gifted!

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.