Bomb etiquette

Started by GrouchoM, 03/10/2016 12:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Longhorn

QuoteGrouchoM - 3/10/2016  8:08 PM

Wow, from a fellow Longhorn. Thanks for your heartfelt sentiments.

Seriously?

You answered your own question in your original post - dude, there is an entire thread/forum devoted to Bombs and acknowledgements thereof.  Of course you've seen acknowledgements on this site.

You also answered your own question in your rant.  Why would you call out a fellow Geek (even if anonymously) when his/her note told you explicitly not to?  Just send a PM or a note to thank them... move on.

Then you drop turd on the entire community because you got an uncomfortable question?

Maybe this is a little more heartfelt:  "I'm going to miss you... Buh bye."

05Venturer

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."
Is this being read inside or outside? :confused:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Kid Montana

QuoteGrouchoM - 3/10/2016  7:32 PM

I'm beginning to feel this forum is not for me. As a newbie, I sought some knowledge about getting a note warnong me about etiquette  (regardless where it came from) but as ever person who greeted me to this forum quoted "come on in, if you got a question we got an answer" but not feeling very good about some the responses I've received by many of these members here. Duly noted of the character behind others who want to sling mud from their keyboards and keypads. I've decided since the member didn't provide a user name to send a handwritten note to him thanking him for his generosity.  People have messaged me privately about snarky nasty sobs on forums and I need to heed those warning after this interaction. Every person I LISTEN to who have said to me "it's not about stressing out, cigars are suppose to be relaxing, fun and enjoyable or why do it" HAVE IT RIGHT. This has been none of those things. I haven't been negative, trolled or busted someone's balls over a perceived slight since joining. I give constructive input or remains silent.  I need to heed my own advice regarding this forum and will alert any others considering joining the same.

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. The true measure of a man is what he would do if he knew he would never be caught." - MLK

I'd rather have a cigar...

Kman

So instead of spamming 10 different cigar communities with the same posts and seeing what happens, why not pick one and try to become a member of the community? If you don't like that community, then move on to another but wasting everyone's time with stuff you've posted in 10 other forums at once isn't a way to endear yourself around here.
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

05Venturer

QuoteGrouchoM - 3/10/2016  6:32 PM

I'm beginning to feel this forum is not for me. As a newbie, I sought some knowledge about getting a note warnong me about etiquette  (regardless where it came from) but as ever person who greeted me to this forum quoted "come on in, if you got a question we got an answer" but not feeling very good about some the responses I've received by many of these members here. Duly noted of the character behind others who want to sling mud from their keyboards and keypads. I've decided since the member didn't provide a user name to send a handwritten note to him thanking him for his generosity.  People have messaged me privately about snarky nasty sobs on forums and I need to heed those warning after this interaction. Every person I LISTEN to who have said to me "it's not about stressing out, cigars are suppose to be relaxing, fun and enjoyable or why do it" HAVE IT RIGHT. This has been none of those things. I haven't been negative, trolled or busted someone's balls over a perceived slight since joining. I give constructive input or remains silent.  I need to heed my own advice regarding this forum and will alert any others considering joining the same.

Kent

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Brlesq

"I sent the club a wire stating, PLEASE ACCEPT MY RESIGNATION. I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT ME AS A MEMBER."
- Groucho Marx
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Mojo66

QuoteLonghorn - 3/10/2016  8:22 PM ... Maybe this is a little more heartfelt:  "I'm going to miss you... Buh bye."

I'd get the message, I can tell it was heartfelt, and oh so well said Brother.

And Groucho, we will miss you if you feel you have to leave but, were you ever really here to start with. Doesn't one need to arrive before leaving.

"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

gitfiddl

QuoteGrouchoM - 3/10/2016  4:16 PM

**Disclaimer** This is just a general question, im just soliciting thoughts and opinion. This is not directed at any specific member or members. 

So, if you were "just soliciting thoughts and opinion", why are your knickers getting all knotted?  We're just responding to your solicitations.

When I got back into cigars circa 2008, I bounced around several cigar forums before I found Cigar Geeks.  I got fed up with the pomposity of most.  I mentioned the fact that the first box of cigars I bought were Fuente Brevas Royales on one forum and was lambasted for buying mixed filler cigars!  The ridicule got even worse when I posted that I bought a Thompson sampler and actually enjoyed the Don Lugo Robustos.

Some of us around here are crusty curmudgeons to be sure, but generally speaking, this is the best bunch of folks I've ever met on the internet.  I'm not making apologies for the didactic nature of some of the responses to your post, but, it is what it is and whatever.  Enjoy the folks where you can't say "Thanks" and show off what you've been given.

Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

Kman

"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made." - Groucho Marx
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

Brlesq

"You can leave in a huff. Or you can leave in a minute and a huff."
- Groucho Marx   :smoker:
Bruce
Chief Enabler 

05Venturer

"If you're not having fun, you're doing something wrong."
? Groucho Marx
Kent

MacMac

Wow. I'm glad I've been out of pocket for a few days. It amazes me how some just like to push buttons and the blame others. I know this...the IS A GREAT COMMUNITY!
Joe aka MacMac to 9 Grandkids

05Venturer

QuoteGrouchoM - 3/10/2016  2:16 PM

I received a bomb with a note that said "as a newbie a friendly reminder to remember the proper etiquette of a bomb is not to post up pictures of the bomb or divulged what was in it. This is not looked up kindly by the members."

Help, I'm confused. I've seen countless posts w pictures and gratitude by those bombed on the forums.  Or, is it the personal preference of the bomber? But, he mentions "other members [negative feelings about this].

I don't want to aquire any bad habits as a newbie.
**Disclaimer** This is just a general question, im just soliciting thoughts and opinion. This is not directed at any specific member or members. 

"A child of five could understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five."
? Groucho Marx
Kent

millarddj

Bloody bleeding hell...did I just witness someone get bombed OUT of the community?

COMMUNICATION IS HARD  :violin:
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

jharrisx5

And to think...I was ready to go all "Jokey Smurf" on him....I guess I'll make sure he sticks around a bit first....
Puff Puff Give....

McBryde

QuoteGrouchoM - 3/4/2016  4:32 AM

Houston. Thanks for the advice. I made the necessary corrections (let me know if my address is available to be seen-why I don't know? But ok)

Look forward to great times on the forum.

Thanks much.

This is where I saw him not lasting around here!

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

GrouchoM

Sadly, it'll take more than you overly self impressed cigarette smokers to run me off. I refuse to let you guys make me feel small. I am what I am.

I can get over being butt hurt and take my beating like a man. So, don't worry about me being a troll or fly by night member. I plan to be here a good while and a contributor to the site.  I tried to take no offense nor give any. I'd be happy to buy each of you mopes a pint of your favorite adult beverage. Hell, I'd even buy you a stick of your favorite smoke, if I had million dollars, because I can take having my balls busted with the best if them, but don't fool yourself that I won't bust yours back.  

"The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated." - Mark Twain

The secret word is cigars!

Kid Montana

I'd rather have a cigar...

McBryde

QuoteGrouchoM - 3/10/2016  10:41 PM

Sadly, it'll take more than you overly self impressed cigarette smokers to run me off. I refuse to let you guys make me feel small. I am what I am.

I can get over being butt hurt and take my beating like a man. So, don't worry about me being a troll or fly by night member. I plan to be here a good while and a contributor to the site.  I tried to take no offense nor give any. I'd be happy to buy each of you mopes a pint of your favorite adult beverage. Hell, I'd even buy you a stick of your favorite smoke, if I had million dollars, because I can take having my balls busted with the best if them, but don't fool yourself that I won't bust yours back.  

Finally, someone that grew a pair when we started ribbing them! He might just make it around here!

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

sar127

Before we get to Bombing Etiquette, let's talk about basic Posting Etiquette. Don't delete an entire post!!! Be a man and stand behind what you've already blasted to the world. Either post a separate retraction or ETA the original. C'mon now!

And I don't just say that to bust your balls but because my personal stance on Bombing Etiquette "seems" like it could deviate from the public opinion round here, and just MAYBE I could've seen your point, if only I could still read it!!!

But now all I know of you is that you said something to piss everyone off, AND hid that something. Not really a way to make an entrance...But welcome!:shades:

Sir Rob

"I never smoke to excess - that is, I smoke in moderation, only one cigar at a time." - Mark Twain

Brlesq

If you want to be a member of our community, then act like one. You joined at least 10 other cigar forums in a 1 week period and cut and pasted all of your "witty" posts to each one of them. That's called trolling. Someone that wants to contribute to a community should INTERACT with other members with original responses and real conversations, not canned responses that are being regurgitated on another dozen forums.

We've seen lots of trolls come and go, and we are not heartbroken to see them run off.  So I guess its your choice.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 

Cfickter

As Roseanne Roseannadanna used to say

gilda

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

nirab

QuoteGrouchoM - 3/10/2016  9:41 PM

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho Marx

I was in the process of putting together a welcome package for this charlatan...you may plan to be here a good while, but I doubt your plan will come to fruition...go ice yer buttocks, ya didn't take yer beatin' like a man, ya took it like a Stefan...

I suggest you bone up on some s+j history...and in the meantime...buh-bye!!  :crazy:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

quickme

QuoteI was in the process of putting together a welcome package for this charlatan...you may plan to be here a good while, but I doubt your plan will come to fruition...go ice yer buttocks, ya didn't take yer beatin' like a man, ya took it like a Stefan...

I suggest you bone up on some s+j history...and in the meantime...buh-bye!!  :crazy:

PLEASE NOT ANOTHER STEFAN!!!

headfirst

Hang on everyone, I need to get some more popcorn, be right back. :biggrin:
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.