The OFFICIAL 2016 NCAA Tournament Contest (We have a WINNER! )

Started by Caveman Steve, 03/15/2016 10:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sgtmai

i'm new,but hope i'm in.
don't think i have a chance though!   :smoker2:

ninfiction

Quotesgtmai - 3/18/2016  2:43 PM

i'm new,but hope i'm in.
don't think i have a chance though!   :smoker2:

You should go back and read the response to the first time you posted this...

And I'm officially out due to Michigan State's wonderful performance.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

clami

My bracket is blown - Wow!!  Michigan State blew it for me.  Good luck everyone.

05Venturer

Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

05Venturer

QuoteCaveman Steve - 3/18/2016  10:01 AM

Quotesgtmai - 3/18/2016  7:40 AM  HI THOUGHT I WAS ATOMICALLY ENTERED ,I'M NEW TO gEEKS

Are you one of the two "ESPN Unkown" entrants?  If so, go on the ESPN website and change your name to your username on this site.  If not, too late to enter now.

Also, it's a good idea to introduce yourself to the group in a separate forum thread.  Mostly friendly knowledgeable generous  people around here.....(except maybe for the curmudgeons)

:biggrin:

Not following thru with this is definitely NOT cool (refer to the first rule)
Kent

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Caveman Steve

This tournament is NUTS!!!

So many upsets!

So many great games!

How about Texas A & M.  Unreal!!

I love this

:dancing:
"yesterday I did nothing, and today I'm finishing what I did yesterday"

BewareDaPenguin

Great 1st weekend...great games. I feel bad for UNI I went to school there, they have always had a good program. Went from the highest high of making that 1/2 court buzzer beater to the lowest low of probably what will be remembered as the greatest comeback/ most epic fail of all time losing that game with under a minute to go. All in all very exciting and 1 of my favorite weekends. I take work off Thursday & Friday and try to embrace the madness!! :biggrin: brackets are busted but we have a tight race here on geeks! Still very close! Good luck to all! :thumbsup:
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

05Venturer

Kent

Caveman Steve

Quote05Venturer - 3/21/2016  11:52 AM  Have the unknowns been figured out yet??? :confused:

This guy "Sgtmai" chimed in but did not take ownership of an "ESPN unknown" account.   I asked him to change his name on the ESPN site, to be sure that he was not trying to

hijack someone else's picks.  He has not responded to my request, and has not changed his username.

I probably should have had more stringent standards other than the "cool" rule.  I threw this together very quickly.  (live and learn)

My feeling is that because they are anonymous, that we won't here from them unless they win, and they will not pay up if they lose.

I say they are OUT

Does anyone disagree?

05Venturer

QuoteCaveman Steve - 3/21/2016  4:37 PM

Quote05Venturer - 3/21/2016  11:52 AM  Have the unknowns been figured out yet??? :confused:

This guy "Sgtmai" chimed in but did not take ownership of an "ESPN unknown" account.   I asked him to change his name on the ESPN site, to be sure that he was not trying to

hijack someone else's picks.  He has not responded to my request, and has not changed his username.

I probably should have had more stringent standards other than the "cool" rule.  I threw this together very quickly.  (live and learn)

My feeling is that because they are anonymous, that we won't here from them unless they win, and they will not pay up if they lose.

I say they are OUT

Does anyone disagree?

AGREED 1000%  :thumbsup:
Kent

05Venturer

Kent

clami

sgtmai

hi
i'm new,i joined contest what do you need from me?
no need to worry about 5 cigars,i'll send them now & you can forward to winner
respectfully
sgt mai
p.s i replied to member who welcomed me to site.
assumed i made contact to Group leader for bracket.
if this is hijacking i didn't mean to

Caveman Steve

Quotesgtmai - 3/21/2016  6:42 PM  hi i'm new,i joined contest what do you need from me? no need to worry about 5 cigars,i'll send them now & you can forward to winner respectfully sgt mai p.s i replied to member who welcomed me to site. assumed i made contact to Group leader for bracket. if this is hijacking i didn't mean to  

OK

Didn't want to be accusatory, but it would be easy for anyone to chime in and say they entered as "ESPN #....whatever".  

Please go to the ESPN website and change your username.  There are 2 ESPN usernames.  I assume one is yours.  We need to Know which one.  I'll take you on your word regarding the cigars.

It is important that you do this on the ESPN site so we know who is who.

If you do this, you are in.

sgtmai

hi
changed my user name
didn't get message,been on Geeks website for a few hours here & there
good luck to all
sorry if i didn't follow rules, but i'm cool

This message was sent from the Cigar Geeks group in Tournament Challenge on ESPN.com.

Caveman Steve

Quotesgtmai - 3/21/2016  7:03 PM  hi changed my user name didn't get message,been on Geeks website for a few hours here & there good luck to all sorry if i didn't follow rules, but i'm cool  This message was sent from the Cigar Geeks group in Tournament Challenge on ESPN.com.

OK sgtmai, you are in.  Thank you.

Looks like if UNC wins, you or I will win (probably you!)

Good luck.

Caveman Steve

Quotesgtmai - 3/21/2016  11:05 PM  sounds fair

Good deal.

Just curious, but what do you like to smoke these days.  Are you active military?  If so, where are you stationed?  Interests?

05Venturer

OK, I do have one question since I can't seem to remember.
How is the winner determined if nobody has a team in the Championship Game?
Is it whomever makes it the furthest I assume or am I wrong?
Kent

Caveman Steve

Quote05Venturer - 3/24/2016  5:34 PM  OK, I do have one question since I can't seem to remember. How is the winner determined if nobody has a team in the Championship Game?  Is it whomever makes it the furthest I assume or am I wrong?

That's a good question.

ESPN keeps track of points, so that will determine the winner.  We all selected a score for the final game as a tiebreaker, but if none of us has the final winner, I'm not sure how that would work in case of a tie.  We'll cross that bridge if the situation arises, and be fair.

As a side note, the second ESPN entrant is officially OUT.  Sgtmai stepped up and is IN

If I do this next year instead of Mike Casey, I'll change my wording, and the criteria for entering.

Good luck all!

ninfiction

I don't recall a year I was ever out and totally uninterested after the first weekend. I've got my fiver ready and it's guaranteed to not suck as bad as my picks this year.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

Caveman Steve

Quoteninfiction - 3/24/2016  7:07 PM  I don't recall a year I was ever out and totally uninterested after the first weekend. I've got my fiver ready and it's guaranteed to not suck as bad as my picks this year.

OH MAN!

Check out the Nova game.  2 heavyweights going toe to toe.  Awesome display.

clami

Great games last night, should be a weekend of more.  Love it.

johncw

Been to busy to watch anything and doesn't matter as I'm sure my picks sucked just like Michigan St. did.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.