Project 1 Complete!

Started by McBryde, 05/29/2016 03:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McBryde

QuoteTed - 5/31/2016  9:43 AM

QuoteMcBryde - 5/30/2016  3:19 PM  
QuoteTed - 5/30/2016  10:07 AM  Looks pretty cool! How did you get the bands so uniform? Did you wrap them around wooden rods or similar?  :cool:
Yes, they are actually wrapped and hot glued around dowel rods that I painted.  E

It looks great. I'm a sucker for uniformity and symmetry. I really like the way it turned out because of that.

Oh, and what "mess up"? Got me playing where's waldo and I don't know what waldo looks like!

Upper left there are 2 PSD 4 bands stacked on top of each other. The psd4 is the cigar I handed out for my son's birth, and he was 2 weeks old when I finished this. Just a signature I guess.

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Ted

QuoteMcBryde - 5/31/2016  4:33 PM  
QuoteTed - 5/31/2016  9:43 AM  

QuoteMcBryde - 5/30/2016  3:19 PM  
QuoteTed - 5/30/2016  10:07 AM  Looks pretty cool! How did you get the bands so uniform? Did you wrap them around wooden rods or similar?  :cool:
Yes, they are actually wrapped and hot glued around dowel rods that I painted.  E

It looks great. I'm a sucker for uniformity and symmetry. I really like the way it turned out because of that.

Oh, and what "mess up"? Got me playing where's waldo and I don't know what waldo looks like!

Upper left there are 2 PSD 4 bands stacked on top of each other. The psd4 is the cigar I handed out for my son's birth, and he was 2 weeks old when I finished this. Just a signature I guess.  E

That's very cool! I like the significance of a little family signature.

calvarez

Cool idea, I've never seen anything like it.
Carlos Alvarez, Peoria, AZ

"I've learned that the taboo subjects -- religion, politics,
philosophy -- can be safely discussed in polite company
when you're holding a fine cigar and a scotch."
  -- Me

McBryde

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

wescat

I like the hell outta that Emerson. What did you mount the bands to, wooden dowels?
The second law chases us all.
In most realms, tranquility comes from ownership.
Order ensues when everyone totes their own water.  
Stand firm, and never let the bastards grind you down.  
Life's arc is primarily charted between ones ears.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
Heaven is where the police are British, the lovers French, the mechanics German, the chefs Italian, and it is all organized by the Swiss.
Hell is where the police are German, the lovers Swiss, the mechanics French, the chefs British, and it is all organized by the Italians.
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

McBryde

Quotewescat - 6/10/2016  7:02 AM

I like the hell outta that Emerson. What did you mount the bands to, wooden dowels?

Yes, I just painted the dowels black before I stuck the bands to them.

E

MacMac

QuoteMcBryde - 5/29/2016  9:53 PM

QuoteMacMac - 5/29/2016  7:47 PM

Very nice! Will you hang it in you smoking room?

Joe, I don't even have a smoking room, or a man cave in the new house, not exactly sure what to do with it just yet.

E

I'm with you! I do all my a cigar smoking outside on the porch!
Joe aka MacMac to 9 Grandkids

billy82

But I really liked the name "Wish Stealer". It had a Native American ring to it. -Brlesq

A wise geek once told me that moving up from a daily smoke to a weekly or even bi-monthly smoke would be worth it, if I could learn how to appreciate a really really good cigar. -southernrun
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=billy82

M82

Wow ! Love it. I just started saving bands myself. Have a ways to go but great idea !

Cfickter

E, that is super cool, really like the look
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

shakinghorizons

Awesome idea and implementation! Very cool.

nirab

The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

PETE314

First off....awesome job...looks great........and unfortunately for my wife...it is giving me ideas...lol.....I have to admit tho....right away I started looking at each band and was going...yep....yep...yep...ooooh...yeah that one too...yep...yep...hey...never had that....lol
I thought I was wrong once....but I was mistaken....

What good is it to wear your lucky rocketship underpants if nobody wants to see them????

Brlesq

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

klamm143

.........NICE.........
Kevin R. Lamm

It is what it is - and these things too shall pass. It may pass like a kidney stone - but IT WILL PASS.

McBryde

A year old thread back to life! LOL Yeah, it was a fun build, time consuming, but fun. Been thinking about maybe trying to do one that is all one brand. Maybe a DE one, or something like that, just hard to find enough bands of one brand to fill all those dowels. May have to make it smaller. I think it would be cool to use a cool LP box lid, and just use all LP bands on it. Who knows what I might come up with next.

E

McBryde

A year old thread back to life! LOL Yeah, it was a fun build, time consuming, but fun. Been thinking about maybe trying to do one that is all one brand. Maybe a DE one, or something like that, just hard to find enough bands of one brand to fill all those dowels. May have to make it smaller. I think it would be cool to use a cool LP box lid, and just use all LP bands on it. Who knows what I might come up with next.

E

Olddog

What a great job!  Fantastic workmanship and a great art piece even
"Honest men, with pipes or cigars in their mouths, have great physical advantages in conversation. You may stop talking if you like, but the breaks of silence never seem disagreeable, being filled up by the puffing of smoke." - William Makepeace Thackeray

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.