alcohol/cigar aging?

Started by GameOfCigars, 06/16/2016 12:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GameOfCigars

I will try that next weekend...and with reading more on aging and posts here...probably walk away with my tail between my legs lol.  oh well, i enjoy the banter, even though i will probably be wrong.
"If you get hooked on scotch, then everything else just tastes wrong."

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=GameOfCigars

MacMac

This thread has turned into a great read! I learned some good info on aging spirits!
Joe aka MacMac to 9 Grandkids

Trblmkr

So MacMac, you learned there really is no way to age any kind of spirits, just wine :).  BTW for those that love their aged Port.  Just because it says it's a 20yr Tawny, doesn't mean it's actually aged 20 yrs. :)  Just thought I'd throw that out there for ya.
I am Nobody
Nobody is Perfect
Therefore, I am Perfect

bstessl

Some you resurrected the thread... Those deep South barrels look interesting...
Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

Cap10_Morgan

Quotebstessl - 7/2/2017  12:32 PM  Some you resurrected the thread... Those deep South barrels look interesting...

I had my eye on those as well, but don't have the patience for really aging it.  Read that you could use them and slowly drink from it every month or few months and could notice a difference and I was interested... but a lot of money for my budget when they apparently can't be used indefinitely.  I was thinking of using them to cross-blend a few liquors.  Like swapping between bourbon and scotch, etc... but I guess they don't last forever and I wouldn't get enough use out of them for the money.  But I'm a cheapskate, so that kind of money, it better last a lifetime for me, lol.

"A good cigar is like a beautiful chick with a great body who also knows the American League box scores." -Klinger, M*A*S*H

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.