Was Midsummer Now Fall Maduro Mayhem Pass

Started by 05Venturer, 07/14/2016 07:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

05Venturer

QuoteDonM - 8/2/2016  6:41 PM

Quote05Venturer - 7/26/2016  6:16 PM

still a few days to sign up if you want in on the pass.
I have the order pretty much set up
Don I put you 3rd on the list to get you in before vacation.
John I set you towards the end to accommodate your vacation and I think we should be good.
Anyone foresees and issue let me know.

I will send it out Monday 8/1

Thanks Kent!  I will dig for some maduro's. Yard gars count?
If your tossin' yard gars in I may need to re-route the box back to me for inspection directly after your turn.  :shy:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

05Venturer

Pass says it was delivered today  :thumbsup:

August 3, 2016 , 10:58 am

Delivered, In/At Mailbox

PALATINE, IL 60067  
Kent

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

millarddj

Quote05Venturer - 8/2/2016  8:52 PM

If your tossin' yard gars in I may need to re-route the box back to me for inspection directly after your turn.  :shy:

The Wisconsin TSA setting up mandatory admin security checks, eh? Sounds cheesy to me. :?:
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

sjn1117

why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

raize

Confirmed delivered.I'll go through it tonight and get it back out Saturday morning.  Cheers gents
An architect's most useful tools are an eraser at the drafting board, and a wrecking bar at the site.
- Frank Lloyd Wright

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=raize

bstessl

Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

05Venturer

Quoteraize - 8/4/2016  7:24 AM

Confirmed delivered.I'll go through it tonight and get it back out Saturday morning.  Cheers gents

I assume this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^didn't happen??
Kent

DonM

Quote05Venturer - 8/2/2016  10:52 PM

QuoteDonM - 8/2/2016  6:41 PM

Quote05Venturer - 7/26/2016  6:16 PM

still a few days to sign up if you want in on the pass.
I have the order pretty much set up
Don I put you 3rd on the list to get you in before vacation.
John I set you towards the end to accommodate your vacation and I think we should be good.
Anyone foresees and issue let me know.

I will send it out Monday 8/1

Thanks Kent!  I will dig for some maduro's. Yard gars count?

:lmao:  :lmao:

"The Curmudgeon"

raize

Sorry guys, busy unpacking and whatnot.  Time got away from me yesterday and the Post Office was closed before I realized it was already 2:30p.  I'll get this out tomorrow.  Hope everyone is okay with the puts.
An architect's most useful tools are an eraser at the drafting board, and a wrecking bar at the site.
- Frank Lloyd Wright

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=raize

bstessl

got it this morning, took a quick peek and heading to work, Ill get this out tomorrow or Thursday.

nirab

here we go!  :bigthumbs:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Cfickter

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Brlesq

QuoteCfickter - 8/10/2016  8:49 PM

waterm

Is that the International Sign for "watering down the Pass?"

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Longhorn

QuoteBrlesq - 8/10/2016  9:00 PM

waterm

Ruh, roh, Raggy.  

A few more turns and Don will have to reseed this thing with yard gars.  :-0

Cfickter

[water

QUOTE]Brlesq - 8/10/2016 9:00 PM

QuoteCfickter - 8/10/2016 8:49 PM m
Is that the International Sign for "watering down the Pass?" [/QUOTE]

Nope, this would be that

water2

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Brlesq

Well at least we've established that there has been watering!

Bruce
Chief Enabler 

Longhorn

Y'all raising issues with this pass?

Brlesq

Bruce
Chief Enabler 

Cfickter

The only worse water is at the Olympics

05Venturer

A little reminder "What are some suggested guidelines? Start with a good 10 or more cigars that make it interesting for members to select from. Don't provide cigars that are in bad shape. Try to have a good mix. A good number of members in a pass is at least 5, but normally 10 or more. It gets a bit too much to manage as it gets over 20 members - not too mention it takes too long to wait if you are a member. Set a dollar value range you would like to keep the cigars in. If you want to get a high end pass started then you should state that up front. Package the cigars so that they will keep fresh. Perform any necessary maintenance. Repackage existing cigars if they are starting to get ragged. Re-hydrate the humidifier if necessary. Send via a shipping company that provides a tracking number so that you can keep track of where it is. The USPS Priority Mail is the typical choice. Online they give a tacking number for free. In the store they charge 50 cents. If you are not going to be in town when the box is scheduled to arrive, let the organizer know so that the order can be changed. The organizer should print the list of members and their addresses to be kept with the cigar pass so that there is no question of who is next and where it is going. Value for Value. Members should put back at least the same value as they are taking. If you take 3, then put back 3. Don't take a high end Opus and replace it with a Blunt. Keep the box moving. Take your picks and place your puts and send the box along. Inform the group when you have shipped the box to the next member. Pick a theme if you want to make it more interesting.
Kent

nirab

Quote05Venturer - 8/10/2016  10:55 PM

A little reminder "What are some suggested guidelines? Start with a good 10 or more cigars that make it interesting for members to select from. Don't provide cigars that are in bad shape. Try to have a good mix. A good number of members in a pass is at least 5, but normally 10 or more. It gets a bit too much to manage as it gets over 20 members - not too mention it takes too long to wait if you are a member. Set a dollar value range you would like to keep the cigars in. If you want to get a high end pass started then you should state that up front. Package the cigars so that they will keep fresh. Perform any necessary maintenance. Repackage existing cigars if they are starting to get ragged. Re-hydrate the humidifier if necessary. Send via a shipping company that provides a tracking number so that you can keep track of where it is. The USPS Priority Mail is the typical choice. Online they give a tacking number for free. In the store they charge 50 cents. If you are not going to be in town when the box is scheduled to arrive, let the organizer know so that the order can be changed. The organizer should print the list of members and their addresses to be kept with the cigar pass so that there is no question of who is next and where it is going. Value for Value. Members should put back at least the same value as they are taking. If you take 3, then put back 3. Don't take a high end Opus and replace it with a Blunt. Keep the box moving. Take your picks and place your puts and send the box along. Inform the group when you have shipped the box to the next member. Pick a theme if you want to make it more interesting.

or...just show some Cigar Geek love!!  :angel:  :bigthumbs:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

DonM

QuoteLonghorn - 8/11/2016  12:04 AM

QuoteBrlesq - 8/10/2016  9:00 PM

waterm

Ruh, roh, Raggy.  

A few more turns and Don will have to reseed this thing with yard gars.  :-0

:lmao:  :lmao:

"The Curmudgeon"

DonM

I found some El Mejor Emeralds for the pass! :bigthumbs:

"The Curmudgeon"

bstessl

bstessl

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.