Little Treasures - Please see updated description!

Started by millarddj, 08/10/2016 06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

millarddj

Jackal has joined, and we are at 13. I think we're going to start this one going West to East rather than the other way around this time. We have a couple of hand-off points possible.
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

Cfickter

OK, just depending on the timing I am out on business September 20 - 30
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Jackal

Quotemillarddj - 8/11/2016  2:02 PM

Quotenirab - 8/11/2016  2:55 PM

Quote05Venturer - 8/10/2016  11:19 PM

"SIZE RESTRICTIONS: No cigars over 5" in length."
"12.    Por Larranaga Petit Coronas (5.12 x 42)"   :confused:

After a couple of draws, it fits the bill!  :biggrin:  :shy:

I'm pleased to institute the first ever Cigar Geeks "cigar pass sampling policy", wherein the Geek whose turn it is in the pass is allowed to sample up to three sticks by smoking a maximum of 1/2" of his or her chosen cigar(s). A cigar may not be sampled past half off its original overall length AFTER you snip off the bit that you "lipped".

:angel:

Please tell me that is a joke

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

nirab

Quotemillarddj - 8/11/2016  3:02 PM

I'm pleased to institute the first ever Cigar Geeks "cigar pass sampling policy", wherein the Geek whose turn it is in the pass is allowed to sample up to three sticks by smoking a maximum of 1/2" of his or her chosen cigar(s). A cigar may not be sampled past half off its original overall length AFTER you snip off the bit that you "lipped".

LOL!!  :lmao:  :lmao:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

millarddj

QuoteJackal - 8/15/2016  6:20 PM

I'm flattered that you even thought I might have been serious. :biggrin:
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

Cfickter

Quotemillarddj - 8/15/2016 11:02 PM
QuoteJackal - 8/15/2016 6:20 PM
Quotemillarddj - 8/11/2016 2:02 PM
Quotenirab - 8/11/2016 2:55 PM
Quote05Venturer - 8/10/2016 11:19 PM "SIZE RESTRICTIONS: No cigars over 5" in length." "12. Por Larranaga Petit Coronas (5.12 x 42)" :confused:
After a couple of draws, it fits the bill! :biggrin: :shy:
I'm pleased to institute the first ever Cigar Geeks "cigar pass sampling policy", wherein the Geek whose turn it is in the pass is allowed to sample up to three sticks by smoking a maximum of 1/2" of his or her chosen cigar(s). A cigar may not be sampled past half off its original overall length AFTER you snip off the bit that you "lipped". :angel:

Shame, my mouth sores were just beginning to heal

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Jackal

Quotemillarddj - 8/15/2016  11:02 PM

QuoteJackal - 8/15/2016  6:20 PM

I've heard wackier ideas.

millarddj

:bump: :bump: :bump:

I hope to get this out by this weekend and will sort out pass order in the next day or so. Last call for invitations!
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

headfirst

Killer lineup of geeks on this one, should be a good one! :dancing:
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

millarddj

Work and nonprofit are steamrolling me this week. I will not get this rolling until early next. Sorry for the delay, fellas.
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

millarddj

I am ready to send this out and am closing up on join requests. Thus far, I have had the following feedback pertaining to schedules:

Gustoff - available after 9/15
Cfickter - unavailable 9/20 - 9/30

Please let me know if you need any accommodations.

I am arranging the pass order appropriately. We'll start in CA and finish off with a virtual turn for Stephen!
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

millarddj

My current pass order is an attempt to accommodate both of the above requests. We'll go from CA to PA, and back down to TX and through the south to try and hit Chuck before 9/20 and Justin after 9/15.

Jason, are you all right with taking first turn and receiving this late this week? I am anticipating getting this out via Priority Mail tomorrow.
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

Jackal

Works for me.  Thanks for having me in this one.

millarddj

Thank YOU. Box is headed for Anaheim, USPS Priority 9505 5161 7232 6236 0264 29

Estimated delivery Thursday.

In all the hoopla of the last few days, I left the envelope with the print-out of pass rules and my pass "secret" on the counter. I am going to twist the secret slightly and implement it in the pass rules, allowing those who wish to participate to do so digitally. As always, partaking in the "secret" element of my passes is non-mandatory and completely pride- or shame-free for any who engage or prefer not to.  :-)
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

Jackal

Quotemillarddj - 8/23/2016  4:14 PM

In all the hoopla of the last few days, I left the envelope with the print-out of pass rules and my pass "secret" on the counter. I am going to twist the secret slightly and implement it in the pass rules, allowing those who wish to participate to do so digitally. As always, partaking in the "secret" element of my passes is non-mandatory and completely pride- or shame-free for any who engage or prefer not to.  :-)

Is it something that you can just slap a stamp on and put in the post?  I can hold onto the pass for a day or two until it arrives.

appollo

QuoteJackal - 8/23/2016  5:25 PM

Quotemillarddj - 8/23/2016  4:14 PM

Is it something that you can just slap a stamp on and put in the post?  I can hold onto the pass for a day or two until it arrives.
Scan it and send by email :-)

millarddj

Nah, I don't think it's necessary, and I'd like this to get to Chuck in good time. I updated the pass description with the secret, and it will probably work just as smoothly as including it in the pass box.

SO, Little Treasure-rs, check the description for the notes, and please enjoy your takes!
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

tjm0831

Nice secret. I wonder what Daniel is going to do with that list?   :biggrin:

appollo

Nice touch Daniel  :thumbsup:

Jackal

Pass arrived today. Will open it up Sunday and try and get it on the road Monday.

millarddj

Thanks Jason. I've always thought those little Cult Blood Red Moon mini perfectos looked interesting.
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

Jackal

They are cheap, and I really like them. Threw one in as an extra so someone can experience it.  I will toss in one more in a bag reserved for you.

millarddj

Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

Jackal

headfirst

When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.