My first pass

Started by mrladams615, 08/29/2016 08:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ninfiction

Couldn't just fill the box full of peanuts, figured since we talked beer the other night I might as well fill the space productively.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

nirab

Pass arrived today in beeuudaful Buda! I will get this turned around asap...

Brian, thanks for the relish, can't wait to try it brother!!  :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

bstessl

Honest feedback would be appreciated, hope you like it!
Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

nirab

Quotebstessl - 10/23/2016  3:49 AM

Honest feedback would be appreciated, hope you like it!

I will let you know as soon as I break into it. If it's half as good as the pickles, then it will be awesome!!

Puts/takes done, pass is leaving beeuudaful Buda tomorrow. Thanks for letting me play!  :biggrin:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

bstessl

Thanks Brian.

It's nice to see this pass going rather smoothly for for you Lee!!
Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

nirab

Pass shows to have arrived at Jason's place  :bigthumbs:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

Jackal

Package has arrived. Will try and get it back on the road Monday.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

05Venturer

:cry:

I know I am not part of this pass but it seems a few members here should have remembered this little piece of Cigar Pass Etiquette

Try and put in cigars of at least equal value as you take. Don’t just go by price. Three $4 cigars do not equal one $12 cigar. When you make that kind of substitution, all you have done is diluted the quality of the pass and added more shipping weight. 

Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Jackal

Quote05Venturer - 10/29/2016  8:19 AM

I know I am not part of this pass but it seems a few members here should have remembered this little piece of Cigar Pass Etiquette

Try and put in cigars of at least equal value as you take. Don't just go by price. Three $4 cigars do not equal one $12 cigar. When you make that kind of substitution, all you have done is diluted the quality of the pass and added more shipping weight. 

:word:  :word:  :word:

Diluting a pass is a serious no no.  As was mentioned, you both screw the pass leader out of quality cigars and add weight to the package. This beast cost $18 to ship back.    I am sure that Lee would have appreciated fewer, but nicer cigars, and I would have appreciated lower shipping costs.

Jackal

Package is on its way home

Cfickter

QuoteJackal - 10/31/2016 9:41 PM
Quote05Venturer - 10/29/2016 8:19 AM

Try and put in cigars of at least equal value as you take. Don’t just go by price. Three $4 cigars do not equal one $12 cigar. When you make that kind of substitution, all you have done is diluted the quality of the pass and added more shipping weight. 

:word: :word: :word: Diluting a pass is a serious no no. As was mentioned, you both screw the pass leader out of quality cigars and add weight to the package. This beast cost $18 to ship back. I am sure that Lee would have appreciated fewer, but nicer cigars, and I would have appreciated lower shipping costs.

Been biting my tongue on this one till the pass was over.  First of all congrats to Lee on completing his first pass a moderator.
But a few times this pass was diluted.  I am sure Lee didn't want to set a tone and challenge more pass experienced Geeks.  Maybe as one of the FOGs on this site I should have said something but I wasn't part of the pass and didn't feel I should step on  the moderator's toes

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

mrladams615

Pass was at the house when I got back from a work trip.  Thanks all......this was a great learning experience.  And...you guys are right.  This is my first pass so I wanted to soak up the opportunity to learn.  With that I really didn't feel in a position to offer much opinion on the puts and takes that were happening along the way.  I agree with the idea that I match what I give with what I have taken - but - in the spirit of learning and getting my feet wet I didn't want to be to vocal or strong about mismatches.  

You know you can learn lots from others....both on what TO do and what NOT TO do.  As this pass went thru other's hands and I looked at each person's own approach to puts/takes I have learned lots.  I'm thankful to you all for giving me both good and not so good examples.  

Looking forward to another one.
Lee

Brlesq

Quotemrladams615 - 11/5/2016  9:30 AM

Pass was at the house when I got back from a work trip.  Thanks all......this was a great learning experience.  And...you guys are right.  This is my first pass so I wanted to soak up the opportunity to learn.  With that I really didn't feel in a position to offer much opinion on the puts and takes that were happening along the way.  I agree with the idea that I match what I give with what I have taken - but - in the spirit of learning and getting my feet wet I didn't want to be to vocal or strong about mismatches.  

You know you can learn lots from others....both on what TO do and what NOT TO do.  As this pass went thru other's hands and I looked at each person's own approach to puts/takes I have learned lots.  I'm thankful to you all for giving me both good and not so good examples.  

Looking forward to another one.
Lee

As a new member, you took the right approach on this to make it a successful pass, Lee.  Challenging established senior members of any forum never ends well, even when they are wrong and you are right.   I'm not sure that many of us would be able to be as passive when members watered down the Pass.  But now its complete and you have certainly earned your street credibility and a good reputation.  This is the point where you are expected to leave each member feedback on their profile about their participation and performance in the Pass, and they are expected to leave you feedback on your performance as a Pass Moderator.  

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

ninfiction

Man, normally I leave feedback right after my turn. Totally overlooked it this time, thanks for the reminder Bruce!
This is not the admin you're looking for...

Cfickter

Lee, you did the right thing taking the high road, even comments made with the best of intentions can be misconstrued and taken the wrong way
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.