My first pass

Started by mrladams615, 08/29/2016 08:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nirab

You should also put up your list of seed cigars in the pass information section. That way geeks can see what you are starting with, and it may entice them to join your pass... :biggrin:

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=cigpass;area=cigs;boxpass_id=235
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Cfickter

My suggestion, and it should apply as a pass standard, is that the original seed and all following puts should include the price as judged by the person who is doing the puts.  It can eliminate guessing and save time looking things up.  If a price seems out of line it can be addressed.

Good luck on the pass, will be watching from the sidelines
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

ninfiction

QuoteCfickter - 8/31/2016  9:50 AM

My suggestion, and it should apply as a pass standard, is that the original seed and all following puts should include the price as judged by the person who is doing the puts.  It can eliminate guessing and save time looking things up.  If a price seems out of line it can be addressed.

Good luck on the pass, will be watching from the sidelines

I like this idea. It's not often that info on a specific cigar is hard to find but it does happen.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

bmac7754

Grabbing the bull by the horns, I like your enthusiasm Lee. I want to play.  May I suggest throwing in some common cigars such as the AB's and MUWAT's you have. This would make puts and takes easier for members who don't stock opus x. Just my two cents.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

mrladams615

Quotebmac7754 - 8/31/2016  10:38 AM

Grabbing the bull by the horns, I like your enthusiasm Lee. I want to play.  May I suggest throwing in some common cigars such as the AB's and MUWAT's you have. This would make puts and takes easier for members who don't stock opus x. Just my two cents.

Thanks much - great idea!

Cfickter

Another good idea for puts are local B&M house blends.  Many are not available easily, some B&M don't ship so always looking for that different smoke

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

mrladams615

Great idea on the B&M house blends....I just got back from Tampa and got some great local cigars from Tabanero......I'll throw a couple of those in.  Appreciate the ideas.  Few more participants and I'll get this started!! :dancing:  :dancing:

nirab

There are no cigars in this pass, what's up with that?  :shades:

Cigar Pass: My first pass
Cigar Pass is in Stage: 1, Participant in Play is: mrladams615
General Info | Participants | Cigars | History | Forum

There are no Cigars in this Cigar Pass.

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

mrladams615

I listed what I'm thinking in the details/instructions for the pass.....can you not see them there?  I'm going to lock down what I'm sending and enter each on in the cigars section today or tomorrow.  Lee

Cfickter

Quotemrladams615 - 9/1/2016 10:18 AM I listed what I'm thinking in the details/instructions for the pass.....can you not see them there? I'm going to lock down what I'm sending and enter each on in the cigars section today or tomorrow. Lee

Don't worry about nirab, just tell him to get of your F'n lawn!

Jackal

You may want to consider putting the participants in order geographically.  If the package follows a loose path around the US, it moves faster, and keeps postage costs down for the participants.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

bmac7754

QuoteJackal - 9/1/2016  11:41 AM  You may want to consider putting the participants in order geographically.  If the package follows a loose path around the US, it moves faster, and keeps postage costs down for the participants.

Good point. Lee I don't think you can see address just yet. Once everyone is signed up I can send you who is in what state to help out. 

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

mrladams615

Thanks much - I double checked and I can see the addresses eveyone has entered as they requested to participate.  Once we get to 10 I'll reorder for it to follow a path around the US.  I'm really looking forward to this and glad everyone has decided to give this "newbie" a chance!

nirab

QuoteCfickter - 9/1/2016  11:23 AM

Quotemrladams615 - 9/1/2016 10:18 AM I listed what I'm thinking in the details/instructions for the pass.....can you not see them there? I'm going to lock down what I'm sending and enter each on in the cigars section today or tomorrow. Lee

Don't worry about nirab, just tell him to get of your F'n lawn!

I'll get off the f'n lawn once the cigars are entered correctly!! Homie ain't got time to search a thread for a list!!  :angry:  :shy:  :shy:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

mrladams615

Hey all - we are up to 7 now.  Just 3 more and I'll get this pass started.  If you know any others who might want to hop in please encourage!!  Anxious to get this going.  Again all thanks for being willing to show me the ropes on my first one.

gitfiddl

Quotemrladams615 - 9/2/2016  8:07 AM

Hey all - we are up to 7 now.  Just 3 more and I'll get this pass started.  If you know any others who might want to hop in please encourage!!  Anxious to get this going.  Again all thanks for being willing to show me the ropes on my first one.

No worries, brother!  I actually joined by accident (spilled my drink and my mouse went wonky), but since nirab's knickers are already in a wad, this looks like fun!
 :biggrin:
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

cavenbk

I'll jump in and help you get your feet wet. I like the way you jumped in feet first so why the hell not.
You can judge the character of a man by the things he laughs at.

"A man's true character comes out when he's drunk."     - Charles Chaplin

mrladams615

Hello all....just updated the cigar list with the final starting.  15 cigars total and I hope a nice mix to begin this pass.  We have 8 participants.  When I get 2 more I order us in a better geographical sequence and get this out the door.  Thanks for hopping in.  If you know of anyone else point them this direction and let's get this pass started.

Jackal

Can you put me near the end of the line?  I will be traveling during September, and I don't want to hold things up.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

bmac7754

QuoteJackal - 9/2/2016  2:37 PM  Can you put me near the end of the line?  I will be traveling during September, and I don't want to hold things up.

But then he could experience his first hang up in his first pass. 

Cfickter

Your seed list is very good, nice job, but it also should include the country of mfg and size
example: Alex Bradley Prensado (HON 6.25 X 52) ($8)
Now that might not be the cigar in the pass but only meant as an example

Also if the vitola is part of the name or it has its own name that should be also included,  Like for the AB you have, if it is a TAA release, or has a year associated with it like the Camacho Liberty

I am one who like to look thru the list a few people before me to see what is there for possible takes.  Including as much detail really helps

Your doing great, just a lot to learn.

Brlesq

I've got to applaud Lee for asking questions and following the advice of some veteran Geeks.  Being in your first pass is intimidating enough, but running a pass as a newbie takes real bravery (and a thick skin).   Stay involved as a moderator, don't just sit back and put it on auto pilot (that is a sure recipe for disaster). Find a mentor or two to send private PMs to with questions.  Keep asking those questions and let the brothers guide you, and you should do fine.  :bigthumbs:

Bonus kudos if you send headfirst (Gary) a Pineapple White Owl and challenge him to smoke it.  Remember, to tell him "pictures or it didn't happen!"  He would be a real pvssy if he declined. :biggrin:
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

mrladams615

Bruce
Thanks for the feedback.  I'm more of a "hop in and learn as I go" rather than sit and study for a long time.  Like any approach - it has its pros and cons!!

I wasn't a cigar smoker until January of this year.  I did some intensive work for PTSD and some of the other guys in the program were cigar smokers.  Many evenings after long grueling days of dealing with all our past trauma we would hang around the firepit and they got me into smoking cigars.  I quickly fell in love and have been learning ever sense.  

I'm in a phase of try a bunch of stuff, really develop my palette, and learn learn learn.  I really appreciate this site, the forums, and the chance to interact with and learn from others.

I appreciate any and all feedback/suggestions - as long as they come from a place of helpful and not criticizing!

Thanks for "taking me under your wing" - all of you!

Lee :bigthumbs:

gitfiddl

I forgot to ask.  How do you, as a "Pass Moderator", feel about midget strippers?  

:biggrin:

Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

mrladams615

Ha....I approve but only if they are smoking a cigar!!!   :shy:  :shy:

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.