My first pass

Started by mrladams615, 08/29/2016 08:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gustoff

I'll bite as well if you're still looking for another! I can't just let all these jokers take up all the pass positions without getting involved!!! You'd just need to stick me in at least 1/3 way down the list due to my being out of the country for two more weeks. Passes seem to all happen when I'm traveling... If you're already rolling, no worries and I'll hop an one at a later time.

Cheers!    :beer:
"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
 ~Ernest Hemingway

mrladams615

Gotcha added!!! Thanks for hopping in and the info on where to place you.  I'll be finalizing this pass up today and it will start tomorrow.  Will post final pic of cigars and info later......appreciate you hopping in.

bstessl

you ended up with a decent group of guys for starting off with all the hecklers....lol
Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

mrladams615

Ha....heckling wasn't too bad.....somehow I think it gets "worse" as you become better known!  Pass goes out tomorrow.

mrladams615

All - pass goes out tomorrow.  Here is a look at the final lineup.  Thanks again for everyone taking a chance on this newbie and my first pass.  I'm learning as I go. :biggrin:

bmac7754

And we are off.  Looking forward to this pass.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

05Venturer

Quotemrladams615 - 9/5/2016  2:15 PM

Ha....heckling wasn't too bad.....somehow I think it gets "worse" as you become better known!  Pass goes out tomorrow.

All in good fun brother :biggrin:
CG is a great group and you have a lot of the solid members here in your first pass.
Great looking seed list of cigars also   :thumbsup:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

gitfiddl

Did I tell you I can only accept deliveries between 1813 and 1827 GMT on Tuesdays that have an even numbered date and the sun is shining?

:-0

Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

mrladams615

No problem. I have a special delivery setup for you - a midget riding a small pony.   :angel:

ninfiction

Quotemrladams615 - 9/5/2016  4:13 PM

No problem. I have a special delivery setup for you - a midget riding a small pony.   :angel:

:lmao:

Your'e fitting right in here!
This is not the admin you're looking for...

Brlesq

Quotemrladams615 - 9/5/2016  5:13 PM

There 'ya go.  Hit 'em back!  You'll fit in around here nicely!

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

gitfiddl

I got the pass today.  I'll try to get it turned around tomorrow.  Somewhere down the line, some 5-finger bags and a larger container might/will be in order, as it's already kind of tight and there are some nekked sticks in the container.  I'm slap out of spares of both at the present time.

Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

cavenbk

I'll take a look at what I have at the house as it's coming to me next I believe. I know I don't have many finger bags, if any, but I might have one or two.
You can judge the character of a man by the things he laughs at.

"A man's true character comes out when he's drunk."     - Charles Chaplin

mrladams615

Thanks guys.  As you can tell I have lots to learn about things to include etc.  thanks for the feedback and suggestions.

Chadboskie

Im in it and ready when it comes to me!!

gitfiddl

I won't be able to turn this around tonight.  Some shyte hit the fan last night.  I found out about 7:30pm some arsehat made off with about $2K worth of my PA gear from a friend's practice house and I had to dig up serial #'s. :puncher: I'll try to get my P&T's (that's "Puts and Takes" for the noobs :biggrin: ) in tonight and drop the box off at the PO tomorrow or Sunday.  Sorry for the delay.

mrladams615

Oh man - I'm sorry to hear that.  Thanks for the update.  Hang in there. :cry:  :cry:

cavenbk

No worries Dave. Sucks that that happened.

bstessl

I've got bags if it can last until it gets to me.  I'm sure I can find a container as well.
Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

gitfiddl

Puts and takes are submitted.  Not much, but I hope they are okay.  I should be able to get her in the mail to Mr. Caven today.  I'll transition it and post a tracking number when I do.

And Lee, another little something I've learned.  While the USPS' flat rate boxes are convenient, a lot of the time you can actually save money by using your own box, depending on the weight and distance.

gitfiddl

Quotecavenbk - 9/9/2016  8:19 PM

No worries Dave. Sucks that that happened.

We got most of the gear back yesterday and what's missing is being paid for.  Bunch of grown men acting like children...

mrladams615

Thanks much brother.  I will definitely incorporate the feedback on box for the next one !   Great puts and takes and I really appreciate you being willing to get in on my first pass. Lee

gitfiddl

The pass is on its way again!

Cfickter

looks like you are off to a good start
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

cavenbk

Pass came in today. All looks well in the quick once-over I gave it. I hope to have puts and takes done tomorrow, then back in the mail Friday, Saturday at the absolute latest. Also, I was able to dig up 5 of the 5-finger bags. I will get everything bagged up and possibly box changed around as well before getting it turned around.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.