The Cubbies Won the Pennant Pass

Started by Gustoff, 11/05/2016 07:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gustoff

Appreciate the packaging updates! And your put and take was a great choice. Waiting to see some more great puts and takes!
"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
 ~Ernest Hemingway

Gustoff

Tracking info shows a delay, but still enroute!
"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
 ~Ernest Hemingway

Cfickter

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

raize

Got the pass. Damn fine selection there.
An architect's most useful tools are an eraser at the drafting board, and a wrecking bar at the site.
- Frank Lloyd Wright

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=raize

Gustoff

Great to hear! Hopefully gets some great smokes to you guys during the holidays!
 ~Ernest Hemingway

nirab

is this pass on the slow boat to nowhere???... :shy:  :shades:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Gustoff

Tracking shows it was received Friday, hopefully we'll get some tracking info or an update soon!
 ~Ernest Hemingway

Gustoff

Received a message from Jason. He's going to have the package back on the move by the end of tomorrow! On the move again!
 ~Ernest Hemingway

ninfiction

Shouldn't take long from him to me and I'm ready to flip it quick.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

raize

Sorry for the radio silence guys. Been a busy couple of weeks. Turned the pass yesterday.  Not quite sure what the Por Larranaga stick I put is. I've never seen it before so thought I'd pick it up.  Upon further research, I'm still clueless. Maybe Brian can identify it.  Either way, if it turns out this stick is garbage, let me know and I'll find a way to get a known quantity into the mix.
An architect's most useful tools are an eraser at the drafting board, and a wrecking bar at the site.
- Frank Lloyd Wright

Gustoff

Thanks for the update and tracking info! I'll have to refer to others on the cigar value as well... don't know a thing about an M&G. But happy to see it moving again.
 ~Ernest Hemingway

ninfiction

Box arrived today. Should get it back on the road tomorrow.

I did find the Por Larranaga here: http://topqualitycigars.com/POR_LARRANAGA.html  It is Dominican and I believe it's older. Altadis released a different version recently I believe, new bands etc.

Jason also needs to transition the box to me...or I can't send it along.

raize

Well s**t, if that MSRP is accurate, I got screwed and owe the pass a stick.  On a side note, I recall the M&G band being green. Wonder if that makes a difference...
- Frank Lloyd Wright

Gustoff

S*** happens, no biggie. Just let me know how you want to approach this.
 ~Ernest Hemingway

ninfiction

Quoteraize - 12/9/2016  6:58 PM

Well s**t, if that MSRP is accurate, I got screwed and owe the pass a stick.  On a side note, I recall the M&G band being green. Wonder if that makes a difference...

I thought it was black when I first looked at it. Could be a really dark green or a really dark blue. I had a heck of a time even finding the link I did. Pretty sure they are no longer in production and that could have played into the price you paid.

Can you transition the box to me? I can hold it for a few days until you guys decide what you want to do. I don't have an opinion  :whistle:

raize

Can you snap a pic and post? Maybe one of these other guys has a clue.  Either way I'll pick up another stick this weekend and shoot it to whomever is next in the pass so you can get it back out.
- Frank Lloyd Wright

ninfiction

Quoteraize - 12/9/2016  9:30 PM

Can you snap a pic and post? Maybe one of these other guys has a clue.  Either way I'll pick up another stick this weekend and shoot it to whomever is next in the pass so you can get it back out.

Actually, don't worry about sending another. I'm going to take it and I'll cover the price you posted with my put. My wife also thinks the band is a really dark green, no matter, it smells good and I'm going to smoke it.   :biggrin:

Gustoff

Now that is a functional geek resolution!
 ~Ernest Hemingway

Gustoff

Looks like this should be landing with Eric very soon!!! That was a FAST turn-around Brian!!!
 ~Ernest Hemingway

ninfiction

I kind of stalk the boxes before they get to me so I have some idea what I'd like to at least put, makes the taking easier if I know what I'm replacing with. I also don't like to have a box sitting around for longer than necessary. Had to go to the PO and drop off my SS package anyway so figured why make 2 trips.

Gustoff

Quoteninfiction - 12/12/2016  1:13 PM  I kind of stalk the boxes before they get to me so I have some idea what I'd like to at least put, makes the taking easier if I know what I'm replacing with. I also don't like to have a box sitting around for longer than necessary. Had to go to the PO and drop off my SS package anyway so figured why make 2 trips.

Well Sir, you are appreciated! :bigthumbs:

~Ernest Hemingway

ebernabe

got the box today. everything is in great shape. will get it back moving tomorrow or by Wednesday. thanks for having me in the pass.

Gustoff

~Ernest Hemingway

ebernabe

Gustoff

Some great puts and takes Eric! And those CAO cigars are great smokes!
 ~Ernest Hemingway

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.