a simple contest...or two...free cigars...WINNER!

Started by nirab, 11/28/2016 07:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shakinghorizons

I swear you have only made 2 posts this week - 1 a day!

nirab

Quoteshakinghorizons - 12/13/2016  2:00 PM

I swear you have only made 2 posts this week - 1 a day!

This is a busy time of year for me, not taking into account the holidays, so yes...I have slowed down recently...someone must have magnificent prognostication skills to win this contest!!!    OR....I might change it at the last minute and just pick a random geek...or maybe I will do both!! Who the heck knows what will happen...I surely do not... :biggrin:  :angel:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

ninfiction

So you're saying you're not going to make it by tomorrow?
This is not the admin you're looking for...

nirab

It's getting close to the cutoff...if ya like free cigars, and feel lucky...get to prognosticatin'...not procrastinatin'!!  :biggrin:  :angel:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

05Venturer

Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

appollo

Jan.3 7:31pm.Thanks for the contest Brian  :-)

Brlesq

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

nirab

:bump:

Getting close to the cutoff...I will allow for edits up to me posting #9950, but 9951 is it, no mas after that...I will refrain from posting to give a few more geeks the time to put in their guesses. Life has been crazy busy these last few weeks, so posting up has not been as frequent as normal. However, I am off work for 10 days starting on the 23rd, so I may be able to be more active on the site...maybe! If ya wanna git sum free ceegars, or at least a chance at em...post yer guesses ya geeks!! Git yer prognostication skillz fired up!!!  :biggrin:  :angel:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

MusicCity

Vroomp

Me thinks with all that time on your hands you will post a bit more often and should reach the illustrious 10,000 mark by December 31 at precisely 11:59pm~! :shades:

As for the cigars you will offer, I am sure one will be a Le Bijou probably in Petite Robusto size, as well as a PDR Small Batch Toro, and probably one of them thar Crowned Heads La Caremes you got in Robusto size from a recent trade, plus a La Palina Kill Bill Diaria in Corona size and the last cigar should be a Flatbed Black Maduro Toro, or something along those lines......  :confused:

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

McBryde

I'm thinking January 16th at 4:37 PM.

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

nirab

OK, so here is post # 9950...big whoop, eh?!  :shy: I'm gonna hold off posting until I can't hold off any longer! The #77 Shark post has been tough reading without posting, so I'm gonna address that here. I'd love to find a box, or box split at a fair price. It is a great cigar, but not at the elevated pricing seen now. Tried to buy a box on Holt's and Atlantic, which has absolutely great pricing, but they were gone lickety split! Anyhoo, I look forward to seeing some more guesses...or not. I'm only trying to give away cigars, nothing to get excited about...or is it?!  :biggrin:

Thanks to all the geeks who have posted their prognostications...y'all are top notch geeks!! Talk with y'all  sooner...or later!  :shy:  :biggrin:  :lmao:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

GrouchoM

Great contest. My guess is the 10,000th post will January 29th at 7:20 pm CST.

As for the cigars you will offer, I am sure one will be a Last Call toro, as well as a Montecristo #2 petite, an Opus X Churchhill, Room 101 Payback and a Crown Heads toro....  
The secret word is cigars!

nirab

Welp...I hit 10k...but not until I realized I was over by 4 posts! Anyhoo, Bruce came darn close, missing the win by a few hours. Since it was closest without going over, the winner is my brother E! He guessed Jan. 16th. Congrats Emerson, I will get your 5pk out sometime next week. As for what I am sending, no one guessed all four, but honestly, I wasn't expecting any one to do so. I was hoping for everyone's participation, as I had a plan for this portion of the contest based on all the guesses...so, no winner there. I'm guessing I may just toss a few extras in for E...or not...who knows!

Thanks to all who guessed, and thanks to everyone for making Cigar Geeks such a great family to be a part of...Namaste y'all!!  :biggrin:  :angel:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

ninfiction

Congrats on finally making the milestone! And congrats Em.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

appollo

Conrats to you Brian.Congrats to you also Emerson.

Brlesq

Quotenirab - 1/12/2017  4:38 PM

Since it was closest without going over, the winner is my brother E! He guessed Jan. 16th.

:?: Maybe its your Chinese math skills that have me stumped.  If the contest is "closest without going over" and today is 1/12, and E guessed 1/16, isn't his guess "over"?  :confused:

If I'm right about this, then I want you to send my prize to E anyway, so that the outcome is the same. Just puzzled when I read this and wanted to know that I wasn't losing my mind! (Which, after this week, is quite possible!)  :loser:
Bruce
Chief Enabler 

nirab

QuoteBrlesq - 1/12/2017  7:23 PM

Since it was closest without going over, the winner is my brother E! He guessed Jan. 16th.

:?: Maybe its your Chinese math skills that have me stumped.  If the contest is "closest without going over" and today is 1/12, and E guessed 1/16, isn't his guess "over"?  :confused:

If I'm right about this, then I want you to send my prize to E anyway, so that the outcome is the same. Just puzzled when I read this and wanted to know that I wasn't losing my mind! (Which, after this week, is quite possible!)  :loser:

perhaps its just my simple logic which has you perplexed!! You guessed Jan. 10 @ 7pm, I hit 10k on Jan 12...so, you went 2 days over the date of the actual moment...hence, your chance of winning was "over"...basically, at 7:01pm on Jan. 10, your guess had expired...it looks as though I could have explained it better...but it wouldn't have mattered...you were close...but no cigars!!!!  :angel:  :shy:

The contest is real simple...guess what date and time I cross the bridge to 10k posts...and here are the rules:

You must enter your guess by the time I hit 9950 posts...9951 and up...no soup for you...
 Closest to exact date and time wins...you go over, you ain't closer...
 Hit the date exact, and within 1 hour of time...bonus sticks...
 There is absolutely NO editing your entry...
 Only 1 entry per geek...
 :angel:  :shy:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

johncw

Quotenirab - 1/13/2017  11:58 AM

perhaps its just my simple logic which has you perplexed!! You guessed Jan. 10 @ 7pm, I hit 10k on Jan 12...so, you went 2 days over the date of the actual moment...hence, your chance of winning was "over"...basically, at 7:01pm on Jan. 10, your guess had expired...it looks as though I could have explained it better...but it wouldn't have mattered...you were close...but no cigars!!!!  :angel:  :shy:

The contest is real simple...guess what date and time I cross the bridge to 10k posts...and here are the rules:

You must enter your guess by the time I hit 9950 posts...9951 and up...no soup for you...
 Only 1 entry per geek...

totally get what Bruce and you are saying... It could go either way... Under or Over. You can look at it both ways.

Anyways... congrats to the winner and Brian.

nirab

Quotejohncw - 1/13/2017  12:57 PM

Quotenirab - 1/13/2017  11:58 AM

Only 1 entry per geek...

totally get what Bruce and you are saying... It could go either way... Under or Over. You can look at it both ways.

Anyways... congrats to the winner and Brian.

it can't go either way...its my contest!!  :shy:  :shy:  :biggrin:  :lmao:  :lmao:

thanks for the congrats my friend!  :bigthumbs:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

McBryde

I'll take it however I can get it Bruce! Thanks for the contest Brian!

E

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Brlesq

Quotenirab - 1/13/2017  12:15 PM
it can't go either way...its my contest!!  :shy:  :shy:  :biggrin:  :lmao:  :lmao:

Trust me, it was intellectual curiosity only and I wasn't looking to change the winner . . . that's why I wanted it to go to E in any event.

I was just having a mind trip wrapping my head about how the over/under worked.   Sometimes I overthink things to the point it drive me mad!   :?:  :hitme::lmao:  

Bruce
Chief Enabler 

McBryde

Well, the goods came in today, along with a pass to save on shipping costs, and here it is:

photo 6AC29272-AE81-4CFD-B066-728CA9358BB6_zpsffm3lkw3.jpg

Thanks for the winnings Brian! The selection looks delicious to me! I was going to pick that uncle Lee out of the pass when it got here to try, but now I don't need to, thanks! I love those reds, and the Curivaris as well, great picks!

Thanks again,

Emerson

nirab

QuoteBrlesq - 1/14/2017  11:43 AM

Quotenirab - 1/13/2017  12:15 PM

Trust me, it was intellectual curiosity only and I wasn't looking to change the winner . . . that's why I wanted it to go to E in any event.

I was just having a mind trip wrapping my head about how the over/under worked.   Sometimes I overthink things to the point it drive me mad!   :?:  :hitme::lmao:  

I'm just bustin' sac my friend!! Honestly, I did not consider your view until you brought it up...and you were right...but it was my contest, so you were wrong!!  :biggrin:   :lmao:  :lmao:    I'm gonna send ya something just because YOU are a winner!!  :biggrin:  :angel:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

nirab

QuoteMcBryde - 1/19/2017  5:03 PM

Well, the goods came in today, along with a pass to save on shipping costs, and here it is:

photo 6AC29272-AE81-4CFD-B066-728CA9358BB6_zpsffm3lkw3.jpg

Thanks for the winnings Brian! The selection looks delicious to me! I was going to pick that uncle Lee out of the pass when it got here to try, but now I don't need to, thanks! I love those reds, and the Curivaris as well, great picks!

Thanks again,

Emerson

I am glad that you are happy with your winnings. Enjoy my friend!

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.