Sancho Panza

Started by calvarez, 01/13/2017 11:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

calvarez

I recently tried one, and liked it enough to take a look at buying some.  Got some ridiculous pricing from my rep at cigar.com so I got a box of lanceros and a box of gordos.  I really don't know anything about the brand and it strikes me as generic, simple, and cheap.  But the smoke...holy cow, it's a good strong slap of maduro in your face, with a great burn.  The little lancero ran almost an hour of smoking, and I tend to over-smoke sticks and burn them fast.

Anyone else a fan?  Know who makes/blends them?
Carlos Alvarez, Peoria, AZ

"I've learned that the taboo subjects -- religion, politics,
philosophy -- can be safely discussed in polite company
when you're holding a fine cigar and a scotch."
  -- Me

headfirst

Don't know the answer to your question but I'm with you, them maduros be goooood
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

gitfiddl

Sancho Panza cigars are made by General Cigar in the old Villazon factory in Danli, Honduras.
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

05Venturer

Great Budget cigar in my opinion also.
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

calvarez

But I find it well above a budget cigar in quality and taste.  For me it's right up there with my favorite AJ creations.

-- Me

headfirst

I find the ring size makes a big difference on these.  Stuff under 50 tastes really good, the 50s and 54s I've tried really don't give that same great taste.
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

calvarez

Oh damn.  I've had the corona and lancero so far, but also have a box of gordos.  Going to have one of those after work.  And now thinking about it...dammit, I'm ready for a stick now.  I could take the laptop outside and work, but it's been stupid cold here this week, hasn't hit 70 all week.

The lancero reminds me a lot of the Puro Authentico, another one that I love.

-- Me

millarddj

As an individual who's much more of a mild/medium cigar smoker, I am a strange case because I don't care all that much for their core line, but find both the Double Maduros and the Extra Fuertes to be very palate-pleasing.
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

headfirst

I don't consider the double maduro to be a strong cigar, so not surprising to me.
-Charles Spurgeon

calvarez

Well it hit me strong yesterday, but I had a long day and light dinner.

I haven't tried their other sticks, just the double maduro.  Extra fuerte sounds good too.  Next order.

-- Me

gitfiddl

The handful of Sancho Panzas I've smoked have all been pretty dang good.
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

McBryde

Quotegitfiddl - 1/13/2017  7:12 PM

The handful of Sancho Panzas I've smoked have all been pretty dang good.

Same here! Great cigar with a good price tag usually. One of those old brands that have been around a while that wveryone has forgotton about because they don't do a lot of new marketing.

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

vw77guy

I've seen them rated pretty high too.  I don't think I've ever had one.  Now I'm going to have to try one.

headfirst

Go cervantes on the maduro
-Charles Spurgeon

1029henry

Great smoke at a great price.
"What a kid I got, I told him about the birds and the bees and he told me about the butcher and my wife"

"When I was a kid my parents moved a lot, but I always found them"

"My wife and I were happy for twenty years. Then we met"
-Rodney Dangerfield

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.