CigarGeeks Fantasy Baseball - 2017 (Season in full swing!)

Started by StogieDad, 03/10/2017 07:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ninfiction

It's on this week Chuck! I will avenge my week 1 loss.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

klamm143

........It's a long season..........It will come down to last man standing........ (Since every player who stumps his toe gets sent to the DL)
Kevin R. Lamm

It is what it is - and these things too shall pass. It may pass like a kidney stone - but IT WILL PASS.

StogieDad

All Star Break has come and gone, Brian (ninfiction) and I tied for the best record at the break, so we have decided on splitting the first prize pack.

Anyone who has not sent sticks, the time is now.  I will go through today and make sure who I have, but if you haven't please get them out so I can get them out to Brian for his ASG sticks and ready to pay the final winner.

Thanks guys!
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Cfickter

What a crappy year, started out like a ball of fire going 4 - 1, then tanking 5 in a row!
Starting pitching is killing me
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

ninfiction

QuoteCfickter - 7/25/2017  8:33 AM

What a crappy year, started out like a ball of fire going 4 - 1, then tanking 5 in a row!
Starting pitching is killing me

You could go the klammi route and use 10 relief pitchers. His team has been on fire the last several weeks. I have a feeling he's the new force to reckon with.

klamm143

WELL DUH................of course I am. (A legend in my own mind).

OR.......use the StogieDaddy approach.......fill your line up with Class A All Stars and let the daily lineup beat you. ANYWAYS.......the KlammyLammy Train is at full speed - just wanna' make the playoffs and let my 25 pitchers do damage.
Kevin R. Lamm

It is what it is - and these things too shall pass. It may pass like a kidney stone - but IT WILL PASS.

StogieDad

Quoteklamm143 - 7/26/2017  1:33 AM

WELL DUH................of course I am. (A legend in my own mind).

OR.......use the StogieDaddy approach.......fill your line up with Class A All Stars and let the daily lineup beat you. ANYWAYS.......the KlammyLammy Train is at full speed - just wanna' make the playoffs and let my 25 pitchers do damage.

You are fending me off so far this week!  But I get Kuechel back this week so I may have a little something in store for you later in the week.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

johncw

My team has been injury prone all year... I think I've averaged 4-5 guys on the DL week in and week out. Sitting at 6 guys now.

ninfiction

StogieDad

Good luck brother!  Stupid app accidentally dropped Smoak and another player when I was switching a pitcher yesterday.  Have to wait on waivers to add him back, hope that doesn't cost me!
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

ninfiction

QuoteStogieDad - 9/19/2017  6:56 AM

Good luck brother!  Stupid app accidentally dropped Smoak and another player when I was switching a pitcher yesterday.  Have to wait on waivers to add him back, hope that doesn't cost me!

No offense, but I hope it does  :shy:

If we each had weeks like the last 2 you're going to kill me anyway.

Cfickter

PRES RELEASE - I Am Spartacus
Pittsburgh PA - September 19th, 2017

Going 10-11 this year was a disappointment after coming so close last year, losing the championship by just 17 points, I have decided to release my entire team and rebuild next year in the draft!  :biggrin:

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Caveman Steve

Looks like a barnburner this weekend.  Best of luck to Michael and Brian!

Haven't been around much lately but hope to begin reconnecting this fall.

Also calling myself out.  Just today sent my prize pack.  Very lame on my part.  Won't happen again.

Thanks again to Stogiedad for organizing!

:biggrin:
"yesterday I did nothing, and today I'm finishing what I did yesterday"

Cfickter

things are tightening up in the championship game, should be a great ending

ninfiction

All coming down to my starting pitching this weekend, they have been spotty the last couple starts so really hoping they come through for me.

Didn't help I was outscored 61 - 0 on one of the days....

Good luck Michael!

Cfickter

Quoteninfiction - 9/29/2017  10:10 AM  All coming down to my starting pitching this weekend, they have been spotty the last couple starts so really hoping they come through for me.  Didn't help I was outscored 61 - 0 on one of the days....  Good luck Michael!

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt
I had a week earlier in the season when I had three starters get me -5 points total 

ninfiction

Came down to wire today. Very active waiver wires this weekend and a 6 point deficit heading into today. My MVP Chris Sale didn't get his last start of the season but some awesome managerial skills more than covered the deficit today.

That's a long hard season to stay on top. Great job guys, already looking forward to next year!

klamm143

Congrats.....................(I THINK)...........LOL.
Kevin R. Lamm

ninfiction

Quoteklamm143 - 10/1/2017  6:46 PM

Congrats.....................(I THINK)...........LOL.

I thought you were the team to beat down the stretch, kinda glad I didn't have to face you.

klamm143

I made it interesting......3 late season DL assignments cost me BIG TIME..........I'm looking to replace my assistant coaches and conditioning gurus during the off season - the next guys (team) need to be heavy drinkers, card players, late night party owls and CIGAR SMOKERS. Maybe that way they would be able to suck it up and play thru the baby-cake injuries. ................ENJOY those smokes.
Kevin R. Lamm

Cfickter

Congrats Brian, it was pretty much neck-and-neck for most of the 2 weeks.  Well fought battle

Cfickter

Quoteklamm143 - 10/1/2017  8:22 PM  I made it interesting......3 late season DL assignments cost me BIG TIME..........I'm looking to replace my assistant coaches and conditioning gurus during the off season - the next guys (team) need to be heavy drinkers, card players, late night party owls and CIGAR SMOKERS. Maybe that way they would be able to suck it up and play thru the baby-cake injuries. ................ENJOY those smokes.

I am moving my team to LA, unless I can get a new stadium.  This one is almost 2 years old.

I can break my season into three sections

Strong opening going 4-1
Middle really sucked and was my down fall 2-8
Finished strong going 6-2 including two post season wins

Still a solid 5th place finish 

johncw

I'm looking to replace my manager for sure and conditioning and medical staff... Don't need 4-6 guys on the dl at any one given time throughout my entire year.

Congrats on the win

Caveman Steve

Congrats to Brian!!

My team pretty much sucked from beginning to end.  No complaints here though.  I've won more than my fair share.

Enjoy the bounty.  It is EPIC!

:biggrin:
"yesterday I did nothing, and today I'm finishing what I did yesterday"

ninfiction

Well a very large package was delivered today. The contents: 5 awesome cigars from Stogiedad and I splitting the All Star break premium winnings and a selection of 70 spectacular cigars. Holy crap is all I have to say!

Thanks all for a great season!

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.