Official 2017 NCAA Tournament Bracket Competition (Congrats Caveman Steve!)

Started by mike.casey, 03/13/2017 08:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike.casey

QuoteKman - 3/16/2017  11:39 AM

Made it in under the wire. First bracket I've done in a few years.
:dancing:

Glad to have you brother!
Life is hard. It's harder when you're stupid. -John Wayne-

I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke every last one of 'em.
Ron White

Him and his kind get more endangered everyday, and pretty soon the species will just up and fade away. Like the smoke from that torpedo... just up and fade away. -Old Hippie, Bellamy Brothers-

mike.casey

And we're going!!! If I don't win, I hope one of you do.

I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke every last one of 'em.
Ron White

Him and his kind get more endangered everyday, and pretty soon the species will just up and fade away. Like the smoke from that torpedo... just up and fade away. -Old Hippie, Bellamy Brothers-

05Venturer

Quotemike.casey - 3/16/2017  11:25 AM

Same to you brother.
Thanks Again for running this :bigthumbs:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Kman

"3) By filling out a bracket you are pledging 5 cigars with a total value of at least $25."

Does this mean I can put in 2 2-packs of Pineapple White Owls and 1 Padron Serie 1926 80th Anniversary Maduro Perfecto? :lmao:
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

IndyGopher

Dang, I had Princeton winning it all!  Oh well...you win some, you lose some.

Beegerply

QuoteKman - 3/16/2017  3:49 PM

"3) By filling out a bracket you are pledging 5 cigars with a total value of at least $25."

Does this mean I can put in 2 2-packs of Pineapple White Owls and 1 Padron Serie 1926 80th Anniversary Maduro Perfecto? :lmao:
:lmao:  :lmao:
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

nirab

Quotemike.casey - 3/16/2017  1:25 PM

if Mike Casey doesn't win, I hope one of us does... :shy:  :bigthumbs:  :lmao:  :shades:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

headfirst

Quoteclami - 3/13/2017  12:14 PM

I'm in!!  Now the problem - fill it out with my head or my heart.

I see we both let our hearts do the thinking! :lmao:
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

clami

Quoteheadfirst - 3/16/2017  4:31 PM  I see we both let our hearts do the thinking! :lmao:

It could happen....I made a dozen changes, finally had to go with the heart.  Go Bruins. 

headfirst

When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

Kman

Quoteheadfirst - 3/16/2017  10:53 PM  Nervous all you Villanova backers?   :biggrin:

Nope :biggrin:

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

nwb

QuoteKman - 3/16/2017  1:49 PM

You could always send one of these:
https://www.cigarsinternational.com/p/ci-5-for-5-samplers/1491289/

It happens.... :notamused:
Chief of Shaft

05Venturer

Quotenwb - 3/17/2017  8:28 AM

OH YEAH  :angry:  :lmao:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

mike.casey

Quotenwb - 3/17/2017  11:28 AM

I think I'd like to know the story behind that...

Ron White

nwb

Long story short.  A member of CG took close to a year to settle up with another member for one of these competitions (can't remember the exact contest).  When he did finally send it out, he drop shipped one of these 5 for $5 deals.

It has been addressed with him directly.  Technically, he sent $25 "worth" of cigars, but it definitely wasn't in keeping with the spirit of the contest or Geeks.
Chief of Shaft

mike.casey

Quotenwb - 3/17/2017  2:44 PM

Long story short.  A member of CG took close to a year to settle up with another member for one of these competitions (can't remember the exact contest).  When he did finally send it out, he drop shipped one of these 5 for $5 deals.

It has been addressed with him directly.  Technically, he sent $25 "worth" of cigars, but it definitely wasn't in keeping with the spirit of the contest or Geeks.

:-0  :lmao:

Ron White

headfirst

Must've been a $20 Gurkha Crap in there  :biggrin:
-Charles Spurgeon

mike.casey

BOOM! Woo Pig Sooie!

Questionable calls down the stretch, but we'll take it!

Ron White

headfirst

I knew usc was seeded too low, they can go ahead and lose now that I got my upset. :biggrin:
-Charles Spurgeon

amigodecigars

We're playing basketball                                                                                                                                                                                              
"There are plenty of good five-cent cigars in the country. The trouble is they cost a quarter. What this country needs is a good five-cent nickel."  Franklin Pierce Adams

mike.casey

Gary, you've had a damn good opening weekend!

Ron White

headfirst

Ha ha, yeah a lot of balls bounced my way.  If everyone wants to just call it now I'm fine with that. :biggrin:
-Charles Spurgeon

headfirst

QuoteKman - 3/16/2017  8:40 PM

Quoteheadfirst - 3/16/2017  10:53 PM  Nervous all you Villanova backers?   :biggrin:

Nope :biggrin:

You sure about that?! :biggrin:
-Charles Spurgeon

ninfiction

Bracket dead, good luck to the rest of you!
This is not the admin you're looking for...

nirab

I'm doing pretty good for guessing... :biggrin:  :shy:  :angel:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.