Old Fashioned - Makers or the Gentleman

Started by M82, 05/25/2017 09:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M82

photo IMG_5969_zpsqlxugq7b.jpg

Huh... What gives ?

Cap10_Morgan

photo IMG_5969_zpsqlxugq7b.jpg

Hmm, works for me.  When you are typing, on the bottom, you don't have "disable html" checked do you?  I literally just copied and pasted your post and it worked.
"A good cigar is like a beautiful chick with a great body who also knows the American League box scores." -Klinger, M*A*S*H

M82

Night Two - Oliva was a bit milder but a great smoke!
I don't see that disable html option here now BUT will check when I start a new thread- Thanks for your help fixing that and this one !
 photo IMG_5985_zpskeg6y5nr.jpg

McBryde

"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Otter

I make an Old Fashioned with Woodford Reserve but I created a play on the Old Fashioned for our lounge I call the Angel's Compassion. It's 2 oz of Angels Envy Bourbon with a splash of Compari and a little simple syrup - stir and enjoy :)
R, Otter
------------------------------------------------------
Certified Retail Tobacconist
CRA Ambassador #0264
Twitter: @GeekCoefficient
Instagram: Geekcoefficient
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cigargeeks/

My Virtual Humidor: http://tinyurl.com/a9umtsr

87North

QuoteJackal - 5/26/2017  4:23 PM

Anyone muddling the orange or cherry needs to be put on a raft and pushed out to sea.

For a less sweet old fashioned, I enjoy Forty Creek in place of bourbon.

Thats why I like mine made with higher proof Rye...
Guru of "Sarcastic Wit and Folksy Wisdom"

Cap10_Morgan

I've been experimenting with this  since this post started.  I had never had an old fashioned (so thank you again!) and really liked the potential when I first tried it.  But after a month, here is my perfect recipe:

.5 oz simple syrup (i had on hand and also im just too lazy to muddle anything, lol)
3 dashes Angostura
4 oz Bulleit bourbon
1 orange slice rubbed around rim and dropped in glass
1 cherry + 1 spoonful of cherry juice
4 cubes of ice

Thats my version of a "less sweet" old fashioned, lol.
"A good cigar is like a beautiful chick with a great body who also knows the American League box scores." -Klinger, M*A*S*H

M82

Ive migrated to Bulleit as well. I have been putting two cherries, one spoon of the cherry juice and 4 oz bourbon on ice.. Cherry Jubilee !
Your recipe looks like a winner though. Have to try that when i get some simple syrup.

Cap10_Morgan

Ha!  Similar tastes it looks like.  The whole 1.5-2oz of bourbon just wasn't cutting it for me.

jharrisx5

Sometimes I just look at all the other ingredients and pound a slug of whiskey... That old fashioned enough for ya?
Puff Puff Give....

Cap10_Morgan

Quotejharrisx5 - 6/23/2017  6:45 PM  Sometimes I just look at all the other ingredients and pound a slug of whiskey... That old fashioned enough for ya?

Actually, sounds about perfect!  lol

M82

Sure does ! Bulleit on ice with two cherries in it right now.  Cherry Jubilee -

Fran95

I'm gonna have to try the 4oz recipe with no bitters and "Two Stars" bourbon or maybe something else. I've also never had an old fashioned  :smoker:

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.