Sharks? :)

Started by bl18211, 02/21/2017 02:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nwb

Just my .02

Herein lies the issue.  A LOT of the people on this site have been members for years and some have become close friends.  When someone new comes on the site and their only interaction is "I'm looking for cigar A", it automatically is suspicious.  This isn't something limited to you, it is a natural reaction to anyone who does so.  People get burned on forums all the time, and since this is a "self policing" site for the most part, the veterans are going to watch out for everyone.

Just like the original advice to build a relationship with a B&M, the same applies here.  Get involved, build some trust, and then you'll find how generous everyone is here.
Chief of Shaft

05Venturer

Quotenwb - 4/6/2017  8:15 PM

Just my .02

Herein lies the issue.  A LOT of the people on this site have been members for years and some have become close friends.  When someone new comes on the site and their only interaction is "I'm looking for cigar A", it automatically is suspicious.  This isn't something limited to you, it is a natural reaction to anyone who does so.  People get burned on forums all the time, and since this is a "self policing" site for the most part, the veterans are going to watch out for everyone.

Just like the original advice to build a relationship with a B&M, the same applies here.  Get involved, build some trust, and then you'll find how generous everyone is here.

Perfectly said Nathan :thumbsup:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

tvolball

Quotebl18211 - 4/6/2017  1:34 PM

QuoteCfickter - 4/6/2017  10:26 AM

Quote05Venturer - 4/5/2017  7:43 PM  
Quotebl18211 - 4/5/2017  6:20 PM  
QuoteJackal - 4/5/2017  10:14 PM  Sold him 10 sharks and even threw in a bonus Cuban stick.  Not even a thank you.
Jackal - my apologies ... I am in the middle of moving and done have internet hooked up yet. Been behind on everything. I did receive your sticks and the extra, I will leave feedback as soon as my pic is hooked up again!
What a coincidence you have internet and can post minutes after called out :nono:

and still I don't see a Thank-you?

You know, other than a select few guys from this site that have been absolutely great BOTL, I keep finding nothing but trolls and guys that seem to thrive on harassing others.

Where in this thread did I do anything out of line whatsoever.

I even apologized for not being able to reply in a timely manner and I still have commentary from the peanut gallery.

Seriously guys, find something to do with your time instead of jumping on to my thread to post your silly comments.

I am a member of several cigar sites, and have never experienced anything like this. You guys are ridiculous.

All harassing aside. It took you longer to post the last two comments on this thread then it would have to say a simple thank you even without pics. :confused: just sayin
"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.