Well It's Official - Apple has Killed the Cigar Geeks app!

Started by SenorPablo, 06/06/2017 03:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Otter

QuotePETE314 - 10/15/2019  2:06 PM

You know...The re-emergence of this thread got me to thinking...It is kind of ironic...Apple was doing...ok with the Apple II PC's.  But it was the Super Bowl Ad to introduce the Macintosh that really propelled Apple into the tech giant it is today.  For all of you "youngsters" out there, the ad depicted a grey, Orwellian dystopian "1984" vision of people mesmerized by mass media and status quo. (it is essentially a scene from the book, so they were sued) Then you see the woman Olympian in vibrant colors, swinging a large hammer and letting it fly.  The hammer destroys the screen, waking(freeing) people from this nightmare.  the Macintosh was supposed to "free" people from information control.  And now Apple is one of the larger tech conglomerates that contributes towards an actual 1984 like setting.

The app is but one example.

Great point!!

R, Otter
------------------------------------------------------
Certified Retail Tobacconist
CRA Ambassador #0264
Twitter: @GeekCoefficient
Instagram: Geekcoefficient
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cigargeeks/

My Virtual Humidor: http://tinyurl.com/a9umtsr

blondie

I know this is Necrothreading, but they have done a great job keeping me from updating my humor from my phone what with being able to go in through a browser.  Did the android version ever launch, and if so, is it still usable?

amigodecigars

In 2001, Apple closed its California production lines, dismissed its American workers and moved production to China, where investment subsidies were high, wages low, and labor unions and environmental rules nonexistent. Apple has since admitted to avoiding $41 billion in US taxes. Now the tech giant — led by CEO Tim Cook — has truly made out like a bandit, becoming the world’s most valuable corporation in the process.
"There are plenty of good five-cent cigars in the country. The trouble is they cost a quarter. What this country needs is a good five-cent nickel."  Franklin Pierce Adams

Brlesq

Quoteamigodecigars - 5/25/2021  3:00 PM

In 2001, Apple closed its California production lines, dismissed its American workers and moved production to China, where investment subsidies were high, wages low, and labor unions and environmental rules nonexistent. Apple has since admitted to avoiding $41 billion in US taxes. Now the tech giant — led by CEO Tim Cook — has truly made out like a bandit, becoming the world's most valuable corporation in the process.

This reads like a SPAM post. What on earth does it have to do with the man's question on whether or not the android version of CG launched and is usable???

Blondie, FWIW, I have had the android version on my phone since the start. Works just fine, although I find the print very small for reading without constantly enlarging it.

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.