How do you light your cigar?

Started by West88, 07/06/2017 09:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

West88

This is the first lighter I bought, single torch. Does the job no complaints, though I have been interested in using cedar spills primarily because it looks cool. Half of being cool is looking cool.

http://www.xikar.com/images/product/520gn.jpg
"Better to have that and not need it than need it and not have it" Captain Woodrow F. Call

tgs679

nirab

I've got a Xikar Allume triple torch tabletop for home, a Xikar Enigma that I carry with me, and a Vertigo triple torch for travel. Sometimes I'll use a cedar spill or matches. But, whatever I've got that will light 'er at the time is what I use the most!  :biggrin:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

klamm143

I build a big fire in the pit...duct tape the stogie onto the end of an iron rod...use asbestos gloves to lite up the stick..........makes for neighborly calls to the FD and visits from the Fire Marshal.

Actually.....I prefer tri jets or quads......but use whatever is at hand.
Kevin R. Lamm

It is what it is - and these things too shall pass. It may pass like a kidney stone - but IT WILL PASS.

bstessl

Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

West88

Hell ya keep em rolling in, this has been interesting. I think part of the fun of smoking gars is the weird and cool accessories that go along with it.
"Better to have that and not need it than need it and not have it" Captain Woodrow F. Call

MacMac

I use a single torch Xikar. I usually toast the foot with the torch before drawing on the cigar. I like the roasted aroma that this usually generates. It also adds a toasty flavor to the first draws on the cigar. After toasting, I draw on the cigar with the torch flame about 1/2 inch from the cigar. I turn the cigar and use some motion with the torch to insure an even light.
Joe aka MacMac to 9 Grandkids

Cap10_Morgan

Just got a quad torch and gotta say, it works wonders on larger ring gauge.  A little overkill (and lack of practice/touch) for smaller sticks.  Unfortunately, it sucks for touchups, so now I bring TWO lighters outside with me every time, lol.
"A good cigar is like a beautiful chick with a great body who also knows the American League box scores." -Klinger, M*A*S*H

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.