The weekly slaying of c-bid

Started by 05rc51, 03/13/2010 10:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

05rc51

Some things in life for me tend to get kind of competitve.  Lately, whether it's a good thing or a bad thing, it has been buying good sticks at great prices.  Last week I felt like I absolutely ripped c-bid off.   :biggrin:
Hang Loose JD

Hot Stuff x

This Thread is worthless without pictures!  :banghead:
LES
Guru of Morning Calm and Oriental Wisdom

"You got me started on both the Liberty and the Christian's Blend, Les. Now my kids won't be able to go to college." - Brlesq

05rc51

Just added this from my iPhone at work.  Besides I have not figured out the whole pic thing yet.  Do we really need pics anyways?
Hang Loose JD

mountedshriner

QuoteHot Stuff x - 3/13/2010  8:34 AM

This Thread is worthless without pictures!  :banghead:

:word:
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

05rc51

My order is scheduled to arrive on Thursday.  I'll try to figure out to post a picture of killing just for you Les. ;-)
Hang Loose JD

05rc51

I meant my c-bid killing, sorry!!!!
Hang Loose JD

05rc51

Last night I scored a fiver of Graycliff Turbos 6x60 for 17 bucks. :lmao:
Hang Loose JD

akira

Quote05rc51 - 3/13/2010  8:50 AM

Last night I scored a fiver of Graycliff Turbos 6x60 for 17 bucks. :lmao:

A lot of guys here post their invoice info to show their cbid skills.  That would be a good start.
"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed - Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, 'It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver.'" -Jack Handy

nwb

I agree, pics would be nice.  If you just want to tell us, copy and paste the invoice they send to your email.

nwb
Chief of Shaft

05rc51

CigarBid Invoice for: 03/11
Order Confirmation #: CB1029985

Title: 5 Vegas Series 'A' Apotheosis - 5-Pack
Qty: 1
Price: $11.00
Lot #: 859476
Auction Closed: 2010-03-04 22:32:00.0

Title: Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet Churchill - 5-Pack
Price: $7.00
Lot #: 860025
Auction Closed: 2010-03-06 23:32:00.0

Title: Perdomo Habano Gran Torpedo Maduro - 5-Pack
Price: $13.00
Lot #: 859953
Auction Closed: 2010-03-06 22:56:00.0

Title: Alec Bradley Harvest Habano Toro - 5-Pack
Price: $11.00
Lot #: 859910
Auction Closed: 2010-03-06 22:35:00.0

Title: Blue Label Churchill - 5-Pack
Lot #: 859938
Auction Closed: 2010-03-06 22:49:00.0

Title: Punch Champion
Price: $13.00
Lot #: 860569
Auction Closed: 2010-03-07 22:04:00.0

Title: 5 Vegas Vintage T-Shirt - XL
Lot #: 861997
Auction Closed: 2010-03-07 20:57:00.0

Title: Xikar Xi3 Cutter - Tech
Price: $40.00
Lot #: 862086
Auction Closed: 2010-03-07 23:56:00.0

Sub-total: $109.00
Shipping: $8.95
PA Tax (6%): $0.00
Total Charges: $117.95

SHIPPED TO:
jon dickey
107 marina ave.
rio del mar, CA 95003

Home    |    Search    |   Login    |    All Lots    |    Forum    |    Help    |    Sign Up

NOTE: CigarBid.com does not sell cigars to anyone under the age of 21. CigarBid.com does not sell cigarettes of any kind. If you are under 21 years old, please do not enter our site.      

© 1998-2010, CigarBid.com, Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Help
Hang Loose JD

05rc51

The only cigar in there that I have smoked is the Perdomo Gran Torpedo.  So I am looking forward to sampling the others.  I hope there's not too many dogs in there.
Hang Loose JD

mb2456

I've had the 5Vegas and the AB Harvest of the group.  Loved both of them.  The shirts I bought from CI are always to short in the waist.

BTW where is Rio del Mar in California?

05rc51

If you have some good buys or had some recently go ahead and mention em' cause I think it's good to let others know.  
Rio Del Mar is a little beach town in unincorporated Santa Cruz County.  I'm about five min. south of Santa Cruz.  
By the way Les there is some awesome twisties around here.
Hang Loose JD

DonM

Congratulations on your deals!  The Sol Cubano's are all right as well,  full bodied.

"The Curmudgeon"

ernsmith

Hot Stuff x

Quote05rc51 - 3/13/2010 1:38 AM Just added this from my iPhone at work. Besides I have not figured out the whole pic thing yet. Do we really need pics anyways?

Just a list of your deals is good enough for me.  I wanted to envy your success!

LES

"You got me started on both the Liberty and the Christian's Blend, Les. Now my kids won't be able to go to college." - Brlesq

Hot Stuff x

Quote05rc51 - 3/13/2010 3:33 AM If you have some good buys or had some recently go ahead and mention em' cause I think it's good to let others know. Rio Del Mar is a little beach town in unincorporated Santa Cruz County. I'm about five min. south of Santa Cruz. By the way Les there is some awesome twisties around here.

I've never been to Califonrny...don't think I'm gonna make it anytime soon, but would love to visit and go riding there.  Korea has some good twisties too, but they are usually full of cars, cargo trucks and/or tour buses :-(

LES

Ken Kelley

QuoteHot Stuff x - 3/13/2010  7:41 PM

Quote05rc51 - 3/13/2010 3:33 AM If you have some good buys or had some recently go ahead and mention em' cause I think it's good to let others know. Rio Del Mar is a little beach town in unincorporated Santa Cruz County. I'm about five min. south of Santa Cruz. By the way Les there is some awesome twisties around here.

I've never been to Califonrny...don't think I'm gonna make it anytime soon, but would love to visit and go riding there.  Korea has some good twisties too, but they are usually full of cars, cargo trucks and/or tour buses :-(

Wife and I spent 2 years at Travis AFB.  I had retired already and she had two more years to go.  Being a staunch midcontinent feller with a Colorado high country ethic, California struck me as a little weird.  Wasn't really sure where Disneyland left off and California began.  My brother loves it out there though.  He's lived in LA for the past several years.

I rode my Sportster in the Philippines for about a year.  Some strange conditions there too including rice spread out on the road to dry...like trying to ride on ball bearings.  Rode for 3 years in Tokyo and that was an adventure.  Took the bike to Turkey for 2 years but I didn't have the guts to venture out in Izmir traffic.  Guess my death wish wasn't strong enough!
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

mcdimond

The Apotheosis is great, but the T Shirt will leave you with one heck of a buzz...
Michael

Fun Fact:
Groucho Marx suffered from insomnia, which he claimed was due to a financial loss in the stock market. When he suffered from insomnia, he used to call people up in the middle of the night and insult them. In the 1950s Groucho was invited to take a tour of the New York Stock Exchange. While in the observation booth, he grabbed the public address system handset and began singing "Lydia the Tattooed Lady". Upon hearing silence coming from the trading floor, he walked into view, was given a loud cheer by the traders, and shouted, "Gentlemen, in 1929 I lost eight hundred thousand dollars on this floor, and I intend to get my money's worth!" For fifteen minutes, he sang, danced, told jokes, and all this time, the Wall Street stock ticker was running blank.

05rc51

I just wanna know what kind of deals others are getting.  This way we'll no what kind of pricing is fair for online purchasing.  Also if there's any sites that even compare/compete with cbid.

Yeah, if you were'nt raised in Cal I guess it be quite a culture shock and take some getting used to.  It's definitely a much slower pace here where I am, which is the way I like it.  Plus if you're a bit strange in the first place(like most people)it is much easier to fit in.    :crazy:
Hang Loose JD

nwb

Those are some decent deals.  That is a great price for the Xikar!

nwb
Chief of Shaft

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.