Stogie Round-up

Started by NewGuy, 01/07/2008 09:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NewGuy

This is a thread generated automatically by the Cigar Pass system to discuss the Cigar Pass named 'Stogie Round-up'.

Use this link to return back to the Cigar Pass.
Rack

"Man is not an island"

NewGuy

Stand up and be counted if you would like to join the next pass right here. So far:

NewGuy
SenorPablo
MX1

Are on board.

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

mhuss

I replied over on the Holidays Pass thread, but just in case you didn't see it (but I'm sure you will), I'll reply over here as well.  As long as you'll have me, you can count me in!  I'd love to get in on another one!

ljlemer

QuoteNewGuy - 1/7/2008  10:39 PM

Stand up and be counted if you would like to join the next pass right here. So far:

NewGuy
SenorPablo
MX1

Are on board.

Rack

Me! Me! Take me!!
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

NewGuy

Quoteljlemer - 1/8/2008  12:05 AM

QuoteNewGuy - 1/7/2008  10:39 PM

NewGuy
SenorPablo
MX1

Are on board.

Rack

Me! Me! Take me!!

You're in!

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

NewGuy

Rack

"Man is not an island"

qman22

Count me in, I am ready for another go at it
Lets GOOOOOOOO Mountaineers!

MX1

I can not get into the pass, says it is private........

Turboknat

I would love to, but as this would be my first (I did read the info links about it), I would like more info on what your rules might be, as in average price, stuff like that.  But, after reading all the Holiday Pass comments, this just looks fun.

NewGuy

We are rockin'. tThe growing list includes:

NewGuy
SenorPablo
MX1
mhuss
ljlemer
qman22

Woohoo!

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

NewGuy

QuoteMX1 - 1/8/2008  12:11 PM

No problem man, if want in I'll put on the list.

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

NewGuy

Hey Turbo

The current pass was my first. The out of pocket expense is about equal to shipping. You choose the deliverer just make sure you get tracking number. The cigar trades should be as close to dollar to dollar as possible and one for one(some voluntarily put more than they take).
I hope this clarifies some of your question. If you decide to get in just post your request here.

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

NewGuy

QuoteNewGuy - 1/8/2008  8:39 PM

QuoteMX1 - 1/8/2008  12:11 PM

No problem man, if want in I'll put on the list.

Rack

DUH- I already did put you on the list!

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

Turboknat

Sounds good.  I'm in!

SenorPablo

Looks like we've got the making for another good pass!  :smoker:

Rack: You'll either have to send out invites to members (Participants page) or make the pass public so folks can request membership.  Let me know if its not clear how it all works as i'm always open for suggestions to make it easier.  You'll be the first member besides me to use the system to start a pass so i'm interested in feedback.

Cheers!
-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

NewGuy

QuoteSenorPablo - 1/8/2008  9:34 PM

Looks like we've got the making for another good pass!  :smoker:

Rack: You'll either have to send out invites to members (Participants page) or make the pass public so folks can request membership.  Let me know if its not clear how it all works as i'm always open for suggestions to make it easier.  You'll be the first member besides me to use the system to start a pass so i'm interested in feedback.

Cheers!
-Paul

Paul

It seems user friendly so far. I was not sure how the sign up for feature worked so I am keeping a list of folks that request entry on the forum. I'll change the pass to public and request your help as needed. Thanks - it's a cool system backstage. i jhope this pass is a catalyst for others to start sponsoring passes.

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

NewGuy

If you are interested in the Stogie Round-up you can request to join from the top of the home page. Those who have already expressed should also use the request to join button on the home page. No passer will be left behind.

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

Proph

I may consider joining if someone throws in a real candela.  :P  I'll throw in a fresh cigar from the local cigar store, which I frequent too often now, I'm gonna go broke on gas money..  hehe.

;-)
"Do not be too timid or squeamish about your actions, all life is an experiment." -Ralph W. Emerson

ljlemer

QuoteProph - 1/9/2008  3:18 AM

I may consider joining if someone throws in a real candela.  :P  I'll throw in a fresh cigar from the local cigar store, which I frequent too often now, I'm gonna go broke on gas money..  hehe.

;-)

I have an Astral Candela I can throw in if I get it before you.

Thomas Mann

Proph

Astral.. Meh.  Fake Candela.
"Do not be too timid or squeamish about your actions, all life is an experiment." -Ralph W. Emerson

ljlemer

QuoteProph - 1/9/2008  2:06 PM

Astral.. Meh.  Fake Candela.

Well, pardon me! Give me some examples of real candela cigars.

Thomas Mann

NewGuy

QuoteProph - 1/9/2008  3:18 AM

;-)

We might do well avoid the real stuff, whatever that means.  :confused:

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

NewGuy

Stogie Round-up participant update:

NewGuy
SenorPablo
MX1
mhuss
ljlemer
qman22
Turboknat

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

NewGuy

I sent a good many more invites and will give those guys an opportunity to respond before we begin.

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

NewGuy

OK looks like a good start up cigar list shaping up for the Stogie Round-up. I think I will include a couple/three CI Legends - Yellow Pepin Garcia and encourage passers to try one of these if you have not had the opportunity before. And, yes of course, leave a review! The numerous reviews on this stick will hopefully reveal a new usefulness to our review database. From what is submitted already we seem to think this is pretty good smoke. Since each palette is different will someone disagree? Will someone give a description that better describes a flavor we tried figure out? I hope so! We will see.

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.