Stogie Round-up

Started by NewGuy, 01/07/2008 09:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NewGuy

OK, Looks like the boxidor is in the system and i may get a weekend arrival, s-weeeet!

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

NewGuy

There is a card in the mail today indicating I have a box available  for pick up at the post office. My sweet wife needed to check her PO Box and offered to pick it up for me!

Moments away........ahhh the anxiety, sweet sweet anxiety!!! :dancing:

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

NewGuy

The plot thickens................the mail lady has not got back to the PO with box yet (yikes) my sweet wife has agreed to wait twenty minutes for her to return. If she doesnt make it back by then (high intensity orchestra blast) I'll have to wait until tomorow (The Price is Right "You Lose" music).

Paul, ever thot of emotiwaves?

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

SenorPablo

QuoteNewGuy - 3/7/2008  3:57 PM

The plot thickens................the mail lady has not got back to the PO with box yet (yikes) my sweet wife has agreed to wait twenty minutes for her to return. If she doesnt make it back by then (high intensity orchestra blast) I'll have to wait until tomorow (The Price is Right "You Lose" music).

Paul, ever thot of emotiwaves?

Rack

:lmao: Either way it wont be long now.
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

NewGuy

No word yet. This is LIVE real time cigar action happening now.

I have a postal worker willing to give a statement if his/her id can be kept secret. The statement is as follows: "Using a card for over sized boxes is standard procedure."

There you have it, Standard Procedure.

More later.................

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

NewGuy

The wife has arrived............box in tow..............it's from Paul - YESSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Stogie Round-up is complete! Sound the horn, Start the parade and AWARD THE POINTS!!!!

Thank you so much to everyone that participated and generous puts that out numbered the takes.

I gotta go now - bye!

:cigarman:  :cigarman:  :cigarman:  :cigarman:  :cigarman:

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

SenorPablo

QuoteNewGuy - 3/7/2008  4:23 PM

The wife has arrived............box in tow..............it's from Paul - YESSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Stogie Round-up is complete! Sound the horn, Start the parade and AWARD THE POINTS!!!!

Thank you so much to everyone that participated and generous puts that out numbered the takes.

I gotta go now - bye!

:cigarman:  :cigarman:  :cigarman:  :cigarman:  :cigarman:

Rack

Awesome.  Now the fun begins.  In order to have the system award the points to everyone, you just need to flip the "Completed" flag to yes.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

NewGuy

The complete flag has been flipped and the points are on the board. Congratulations everyone.

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

MX1

this was a lot of fun, thanks guys

Tim

NewGuy

Some closing thots:

The Aurora #4 wrapper was in rough shape - I had peanut cigar glue for repairs!

The Graycliff Prof. made it back safely - I am surprised someone didn't snag it and it was naked but not badly damaged by the long ride, small split at the foot glued right up.

Note: I think the wrapper issues on some of the smokes are related to a rapid increase in RH. Going from a stabilized humidor to a RH rich air tight box that is made of no absorbant material. Someone added paper towels along way - I recommend this practice for future passes.

Only four of the original 22 smokes made it back to me - this will result in much smoking pleasure for me and many reviews for our dtabase.

22 smokes in the pass 35 smokes out - 13 smoke increase - you guys are great! Thanks again.

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

mhuss

No, thank you for hosting the Pass.  Now all you have to do is enjoy all those new sticks!

NewGuy

Quotemhuss - 3/7/2008  9:45 PM

No, thank you for hosting the Pass.  Now all you have to do is enjoy all those new sticks!

No problemo! The unpacking and sorting was a blast! Just imaging which one to smoke next is a happy thot.

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

NewGuy

QuoteMX1 - 3/7/2008  5:24 PM

Tim

Glad you enjoyed it Tim! I just tried to open your link and couldn't do it, what was it?

Rack

Rack

"Man is not an island"

SenorPablo

QuoteNewGuy - 3/7/2008  11:55 PM

QuoteMX1 - 3/7/2008  5:24 PM

Tim

Glad you enjoyed it Tim! I just tried to open your link and couldn't do it, what was it?

Rack

I second that.  Thanks for running it Rack!  

-Paul

NewGuy

The pleasure was all mine Paul, you know what I mean  :shades:

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.