Today's Smoke

Started by cmmayo, 03/21/2010 10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmmayo

Thought I would start the thread again, fresh for Spring...

I had a CI Legends Orange label--Rocky Patel... it wasn't bad at all, just not that great either.

I think before bed, I'm going to try the Esteban Carreras 187 Torpedo I got from a B&M. I don't see it in our database, if anyone needs some points...
--Corey

I'M BACK, MF-ers!!!

calvarez

CAO MX2 robusto; not a dog rocket, but not good either.  Perfect burn and ash.
Carlos Alvarez, Peoria, AZ

"I've learned that the taboo subjects -- religion, politics,
philosophy -- can be safely discussed in polite company
when you're holding a fine cigar and a scotch."
  -- Me

Jackal

Sunday afternoon had a Diplimaticos No. 4.  Great cigar.  Thanks Correy.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

Dave S.

Yesterday afternoon, TTT Trinidad Toro, and last night, Gurkha Masters Select Robusto.
"There are not enough Indians in the world to defeat the Seventh Cavalry."

George Armstrong Custer

lowpro75

I smoked a Piloto Cubano torpedo and a 96 Resposado Conneticut yesterday while grilling.  Everything tastes better on a warm spring day.
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

cmmayo

Chillin' at the Finck's Cigar Company smoke room with a Don Pepin Garcia Generosos...
Or is that a Don Pepin Garcia Generoso?

Listening to a bunch of retired guys talk shop...   :shades:
--Corey

I'M BACK, MF-ers!!!

DonM

Quotecmmayo - 3/22/2010  4:31 PM

Chillin' at the Finck's Cigar Company smoke room with a Don Pepin Garcia Generosos...
Or is that a Don Pepin Garcia Generoso?

Listening to a bunch of retired guys talk shop...   :shades:

One of my favorites, thinking that is the ticket tonight! :biggrin:

"The Curmudgeon"

gitfiddl

I smoked a 10 month old A.O.A torpedo.  Nice mild offering from Thompson.  I hear tell they are selling the at $30/box.  They won't set your soul on fire by any means, but they are a decent budget smoke.
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

nwb

During my lunch, I tried a El Rey de los Habanos by DPG.  Not my favorite Pepin.

nwb
Chief of Shaft

Jackal

Enjoying a Gurkha Master Select No.3 Perfecto.  Nice flavor, too much work keeping it lit.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

wescat

A Panacea Red label Robusto. Review entered.
The second law chases us all.
In most realms, tranquility comes from ownership.
Order ensues when everyone totes their own water.  
Stand firm, and never let the bastards grind you down.  
Life's arc is primarily charted between ones ears.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
Heaven is where the police are British, the lovers French, the mechanics German, the chefs Italian, and it is all organized by the Swiss.
Hell is where the police are German, the lovers Swiss, the mechanics French, the chefs British, and it is all organized by the Italians.
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

nwb

Currently puffing on a Bolivar Corona Extra.  It tastes young...

nwb
Chief of Shaft

whodeeni

If smoking cigars is on the Darkside, I don't ever
want to see the light!!!

cmmayo

After a long day of being hung over, I finally feel like having a smoke. Went with a JdN Clasico Criollo. Great earthy spice but the burn has been troublesome. Seems to be getting better after the first third and two corrections.
--Corey

I'M BACK, MF-ers!!!

nwb

Quotewhodeeni - 3/23/2010  11:29 PM

Saturday night while at a Herf I smoked my first Frank! It was Great!:dancing:

That looks good.  Got any left?   :biggrin:

nwb
Chief of Shaft

87North

Yesterday was not a good day...had a Torano 1916 cameroon in the afternoon that drew too tight and split it's wrapper....and a Partagas Spanish Rosado yesterday evening that was almost plugged too.  It was the second of those I'd tried and the first one drew perfect and tasted delicious.  How did I managed to attract all the bum cigars??   I'm like a S**t magnate I tells ya...  :confused:  :confused:  :confused:
Guru of "Sarcastic Wit and Folksy Wisdom"

nwb

Quote87North - 3/24/2010  9:12 AM

Yesterday was not a good day...had a Torano 1916 cameroon in the afternoon that drew too tight and split it's wrapper....and a Partagas Spanish Rosado yesterday evening that was almost plugged too.  It was the second of those I'd tried and the first one drew perfect and tasted delicious.  How did I managed to attract all the bum cigars??   I'm like a S**t magnate I tells ya...  :confused:  :confused:  :confused:

Maybe humidity issues  :confused: At what RH do you keep your humi?

nwb
Chief of Shaft

Dave S.

Last night, an Alex Bradley Tempus Quadrum with a shot (or two) of Captain Morgan Black Cask.  This was an excellent combination!
"There are not enough Indians in the world to defeat the Seventh Cavalry."

George Armstrong Custer

southernpacifico

Joya de Nicaragua Antaño Gran Consul
Things I believe:
Life is too short not to pull the trigger!
The best cigar, I haven't smoked yet.
Everyone needs something to believe in, I believe I'll have another Scotch (Beer, Rum, Bourbon..) and Cigar!! The choices are endless......
SMOKE ON BOTLs

DocJazzRH

Finally smoked the Frank Llaneza I had been holding onto, and after reading some of his Bio and learning of his passing, it seemed like the thing to do. This guy knew what he was doing, I am thankful to him for the smoking pleasure he gave me...
Rich ()=iii=<

Delusions of grandeur make me feel a lot better about myself .. J. Wagner

At least a bad conscience can make life interesting -- Kierkegaard

87North

Quotenwb - 3/24/2010  8:34 AM

Quote87North - 3/24/2010  9:12 AM

Maybe humidity issues  :confused: At what RH do you keep your humi?

nwb

They'd both been at 67-68% for the past 3 weeks.  I really do think it was just an unlucky thing...  My wife can make chicken and dumplings out of boneless skinless chicken breast and canned chicken soup, and I'll still manage to find a bone or trash of some kind...  I'm beginning to think it's state law.   :crazy:

Guru of "Sarcastic Wit and Folksy Wisdom"

southernpacifico

Indian Tabac Boxer

Gurkha Park Avenue 44 Torpedo
Things I believe:
Life is too short not to pull the trigger!
The best cigar, I haven't smoked yet.
Everyone needs something to believe in, I believe I'll have another Scotch (Beer, Rum, Bourbon..) and Cigar!! The choices are endless......
SMOKE ON BOTLs

Hot Stuff x

Bolivar Cofradia 654,  then a Padilla Habano Torpedo
LES
Guru of Morning Calm and Oriental Wisdom

"You got me started on both the Liberty and the Christian's Blend, Les. Now my kids won't be able to go to college." - Brlesq

nwb

Quote87North - 3/25/2010  2:45 AM

They'd both been at 67-68% for the past 3 weeks.  I really do think it was just an unlucky thing...  My wife can make chicken and dumplings out of boneless skinless chicken breast and canned chicken soup, and I'll still manage to find a bone or trash of some kind...  I'm beginning to think it's state law.   :crazy:

:lmao:

nwb
Chief of Shaft

nwb

Last night, I had a Padron Londres maduro.  Great budget smoke!

nwb
Chief of Shaft

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.