December Member Sponsored Geek Critique "Blind Review"

Started by junglepete, 07/23/2017 07:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silverstix

danb6177

The blind cigar is a stick that colin hand rolled in his basement.
I used to sit outside all night and drink bud lite and smoke Marlboros and everyone thought I was a bum. Now I sit outside all night and drink craft beers and smoke cigars and everyone thinks I have class.
-----
Money cant buy happiness but it CAN buy cigars

Silverstix

shakinghorizons

Quotedanb6177 - 8/24/2017  9:08 AM

I flew in some virgins to roll these on their thighs, specifically for you 5.

Silverstix

Quoteshakinghorizons - 8/24/2017  1:20 PM  
Quotedanb6177 - 8/24/2017  9:08 AM  The blind cigar is a stick that colin hand rolled in his basement.

Kramer 

danb6177

Quoteshakinghorizons - 8/24/2017  1:20 PM

Quotedanb6177 - 8/24/2017  9:08 AM

Ahh I knew I recognized that aroma
I used to sit outside all night and drink bud lite and smoke Marlboros and everyone thought I was a bum. Now I sit outside all night and drink craft beers and smoke cigars and everyone thinks I have class.
-----

Brlesq

Anyone know how we enter a blind critique? Obviously the pull down menu just has brands. I sent a message to Pete over the weekend, but haven't heard back.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

shakinghorizons

QuoteBrlesq - 11/9/2017  5:45 PM

Anyone know how we enter a blind critique? Obviously the pull down menu just has brands. I sent a message to Pete over the weekend, but haven't heard back.

http://cigargeeks.com/reviews/staffreviews.asp?action=staffreviewform

I had trouble finding it as well.

danb6177

Quoteshakinghorizons - 11/9/2017  10:51 PM

QuoteBrlesq - 11/9/2017  5:45 PM

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=cigrevs;area=critiques

I had trouble finding it as well.

I think he wants to know what cigar to enter it under. Do we just pick what we think it is ?
-----

Silverstix

Quoteshakinghorizons - 8/14/2017  8:26 PM  
Quotedanb6177 - 8/14/2017  5:25 PM  So do we try and guess what it is when we w smoke it?
You post your review under the cigar you believe it to be.

I knew I remembered seeing this written somewhere.  This is gonna be a tough one for me!  Looking forward to sparking this one up  

junglepete

I suggest to enter it as the cigar you think it is. You can also make your guess known in the thread. Once the reviews are in and ready for posting, Paul will be notified as to the real cigar and will make the name change before posting the reviews live...Good Luck!
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

shakinghorizons

Quotejunglepete - 11/10/2017  8:42 AM

You can also make your guess known in the thread.

Please PM me your guess, as it may have originated outside the border.

Silverstix

Should we use the same format that is used for a regular geek critique......Pre-light/Light & Burn/Construction/Flavor?

shakinghorizons

QuoteSilverstix - 11/10/2017  9:38 AM

Should we use the same format that is used for a regular geek critique......Pre-light/Light & Burn/Construction/Flavor?

The link above guides you through everything

shakinghorizons

I have received 1 guess thus far - anyone else have time to smoke this stick yet?

Silverstix

I'm planning on Sunday, looks like a decent weather day here in the Northeast

nirab

The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

shakinghorizons

Silverstix

Ok Colin, I gave you my guess in a PM and I put my geek review under the cigar that I think it is.

The problem I was having was the link above only brought me to the main list of previous geek critiques, it didn't bring me to the template for the review.  I did some digging in the "PSA" sticky post and I found the link that brought me to the template, so all good  :bigthumbs:

shakinghorizons

Brlesq

My review is in.  Thanks again for having me, Colin!
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

danb6177

-----

nirab

The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

junglepete

I see they are all in except for old dog. Deadline is tonight at midnight...cheers.
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

danb6177

Quotejunglepete - 11/25/2017  1:22 PM

I see they are all in except for old dog. Deadline is tonight at midnight...cheers.

He has been MIA for awhile, hope all is well
-----

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.