Rum and Cigars

Started by PuffinDaPuros, 09/11/2012 11:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

junglepete

Quoteappollo - 5/7/2018  10:01 PM

If you get a chance try Zaya rum.I have drank the El Dorado Rum in the 12,15 and 20 and I find This better.

I'm  a fan of the El Dorado Rums so I will give the Zaya a go and see what's what  :biggrin:
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

frankj1

may have listed before but worth reposting...

Dos Maderas 5+ 5

originates in Guyana and/or Barbados then ships to Jerez, Spain for more barrel aging (assume sherry).
Great sipper, with or without a cigar.

frankj1

saw a bottle of 3 + 2...maybe the 5 + 5 is the top of the line?

Chefjohn

I was never much of a rum guy. I prefer bourbon or tequila.
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Cap10_Morgan

I liked the El Dorado and Zacapa, but really loved the Diplomatico Reserva Exclusiva.  Found it went better with a cigar than the El Dorado, which was great, but a little too sweet to pair with a cigar IMO.  The Diplomatico is definitely sweet, but has a little more character to me.
"A good cigar is like a beautiful chick with a great body who also knows the American League box scores." -Klinger, M*A*S*H

frankj1

QuoteChefjohn - 8/18/2018  9:07 AM

I was never much of a rum guy. I prefer bourbon or tequila.
I also prefer bourbon

frankj1

QuoteCap10_Morgan - 8/18/2018  4:09 PM

I liked the El Dorado and Zacapa, but really loved the Diplomatico Reserva Exclusiva.  Found it went better with a cigar than the El Dorado, which was great, but a little too sweet to pair with a cigar IMO.  The Diplomatico is definitely sweet, but has a little more character to me.

agree.
also like another Venezuelan rum, Pampero Anniversario.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.