McGregor vs Mayweather

Started by danb6177, 07/12/2017 11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danb6177

QuoteBrlesq - 7/15/2017  6:06 PM

This isn't even a fair fight.  Big prize purses for both combatants and the pay-per-view insures that it will lead to at last at least one round of dancing, but Mayweather is going to knock him out.  Unless McGregor pulls a dirty move MMA style and gets disqualified.  Either way, its Mayweather.

I think mayweather will have trouble knocking Connor out. Mayweather is more of a defensive fighter and scores points. he isn't really a knockout guy anymore. He may knock Connor out in later rounds when he gets tired.
I'm curious to see when he does get tired. Mma only fights 5 rounds but they are 5 min rounds which is a huge difference from a 3 min round. I think the first round will tell it all. And remember trump beat Hillary. Anything is possible lol
I used to sit outside all night and drink bud lite and smoke Marlboros and everyone thought I was a bum. Now I sit outside all night and drink craft beers and smoke cigars and everyone thinks I have class.
-----
Money cant buy happiness but it CAN buy cigars

amigodecigars

Costa Rican sparring with Mayweather before the McGregor fight.  Costa Rican Arturo Izquierdo Acuña left for the States a couple months ago to seek a professional boxing opportunity.   He arrived in the US without knowing anyone and just showed up at Mayweather’s gym.      
"There are plenty of good five-cent cigars in the country. The trouble is they cost a quarter. What this country needs is a good five-cent nickel."  Franklin Pierce Adams

danb6177

Quoteamigodecigars - 7/24/2017  3:45 PM

Costa Rican sparring with Mayweather before the McGregor fight.  Costa Rican Arturo Izquierdo Acuña left for the States a couple months ago to seek a professional boxing opportunity.   He arrived in the US without knowing anyone and just showed up at Mayweather's gym.      

That's pretty cool John. I guess Floyd took em
In?
I used to sit outside all night and drink bud lite and smoke Marlboros and everyone thought I was a bum. Now I sit outside all night and drink craft beers and smoke cigars and everyone thinks I have class.
-----

amigodecigars

Saturday Aug. 26th 9:00pm ET.  Guess I'll watch it at Porky's BBQ in Costa Rica at 7pm.    

An MMA-trained fighter is accused of killing a Russian weightlifter during a violent street brawl Sunday -- a fight that reportedly began with an argument about which sport is superior.

"There are plenty of good five-cent cigars in the country. The trouble is they cost a quarter. What this country needs is a good five-cent nickel."  Franklin Pierce Adams

wescat

The sweetest outcome imaginable would be a simultaneous double knockout. Them two is a couple'a priiiiiiiiiiiicks.
The second law chases us all.
In most realms, tranquility comes from ownership.
Order ensues when everyone totes their own water.  
Stand firm, and never let the bastards grind you down.  
Life's arc is primarily charted between ones ears.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
Heaven is where the police are British, the lovers French, the mechanics German, the chefs Italian, and it is all organized by the Swiss.
Hell is where the police are German, the lovers Swiss, the mechanics French, the chefs British, and it is all organized by the Italians.
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

danb6177

Got called into work. Gonna miss it now
-----

Cfickter

More Vegas money on McGregor right now
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Cfickter

Fight Odds Floyd Mayweather Jr: -400 (bet $400 to win $100) Draw: +3300 Conor McGregor: +300  At one time it was -2500 for Mayweather and +2500 for McGregor  much closer now, more money right now on McGregor but many 6 figure betters still to play

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

danb6177

Im still betting on connor
-----

Cfickter

Hearing all this talk about there is no way Mayweather can lose sort of reminds me of a recent presidential election. We we wake up to another shocking headline?

amigodecigars

Costa Rica has no army and 'Ticos' are supposed to be peaceful but Porky's BBQ hamburger bar is at capacity with reservations for Saturday night so I had to beg the owner for a seat at the bar.  No cover.  Pura Vida.  https://www.facebook.com/Porkys-Burger-Bar-605902866137713/

danb6177

QuoteCfickter - 8/25/2017  9:42 AM

Hearing all this talk about there is no way Mayweather can lose sort of reminds me of a recent presidential election. We we wake up to another shocking headline?

Are you saying that the Russians are gonna rig the fight?!?
-----

Cfickter

Quotedanb6177 - 8/25/2017  10:15 AM  
QuoteCfickter - 8/25/2017  9:42 AM  Hearing all this talk about there is no way Mayweather can lose sort of reminds me of a recent presidential election. We we wake up to another shocking headline?
Are you saying that the Russians are gonna rig the fight?!?

yes, unless Comey releases McGregor's emails first 

danb6177

-----

shakinghorizons

I've got a 5'er on McGregor - anyone want to place a a friendly wager?

amigodecigars

Gentlemen start your engines!             

Shukpaw

I can't believe what these guys are getting paid for this fight.  Mayweather could beat me up for half what McGregor is getting paid.  I'm going to cheap ticket, free parking, fireworks after the game, minor league baseball tonight.  I could do that about 8 times for the price of ppv of the fight.

:dukem:  :beatup:
I'm right 98% of the time.  Who cares about the other 3%?

danb6177

Early stoppage in my opinion. They should have let Floyd put em down if it was gonna happen. Now we will never know. He had em on points anyway. Looked to me like Connor could not land the big shot on such an experienced boxer. One thing is for sure, two dudes just got paid
-----

BewareDaPenguin

I'm happy it was a good fight. After the Pacman fight I didn't know if I could stomach another Mayweather fight he's been so boring for the past 10 years, but Conner stood in the pocket and threw, so did Mayweather which is what was surprising to me. I was happy to see a good fight and more competitive then I originally expected. Floyd did show his age some and so did Conner"s inexperience as a boxer. Flat out he ran out of gas and couldn't deal with the later rounds. Prolly both of there plans, Conner to come out fast n try to land some power when he had it, and Floyd to sit back weather the storm and pick his spots. I was happy the fight was entertaining, and I had a bunch of people over n we got drunk like I nedded an excuse to have people over to drink n smoke cigars lol
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

amigodecigars

Conor McGregor announces he'll 'take over Irish whiskey market' with signature brand..."Notorious"

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.