Hurricane Irma

Started by Silverstix, 09/06/2017 08:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cap10_Morgan

Hope you took your cigars with you, Don.  That's my plan anyway.  Once power goes out, I'm gonna just stay outside or in the garage smoking cigars and drinking some booze til this thing passes.  Stay safe, fellow Floridians.
"A good cigar is like a beautiful chick with a great body who also knows the American League box scores." -Klinger, M*A*S*H

danb6177

QuoteDonM - 9/10/2017  11:14 AM

Quotedanb6177 - 9/9/2017  10:08 AM

Looks like I'm getting this one right in the face

Stay safe!  Looks like it is going to be a rough one for sure. I evacuated inland to Inverness. High but not dry here. Will keep you all posted

Yes you to brother, Family is safe from the flooding and Im working at the power plant until this thing is done so we should be safe. This thing could not have aimed itself any better at us.
I used to sit outside all night and drink bud lite and smoke Marlboros and everyone thought I was a bum. Now I sit outside all night and drink craft beers and smoke cigars and everyone thinks I have class.
-----
Money cant buy happiness but it CAN buy cigars

danb6177

QuoteCap10_Morgan - 9/10/2017  11:51 AM

Hope you took your cigars with you, Don.  That's my plan anyway.  Once power goes out, I'm gonna just stay outside or in the garage smoking cigars and drinking some booze til this thing passes.  Stay safe, fellow Floridians.

Humidor was last thing I grabbed on way to work. And hey man I finally bought a pipe. So if I get a chance tonight I'll light that bad boy up and give it a try.
I used to sit outside all night and drink bud lite and smoke Marlboros and everyone thought I was a bum. Now I sit outside all night and drink craft beers and smoke cigars and everyone thinks I have class.
-----

MacMac

PRAYING for all in the wake of this hurricane!
Joe aka MacMac to 9 Grandkids

MacMac

PRAYING for all in the wake of this hurricane!
Joe aka MacMac to 9 Grandkids

Silverstix

Quotedanb6177 - 9/10/2017  1:19 PM  
QuoteCap10_Morgan - 9/10/2017  11:51 AM  Hope you took your cigars with you, Don.  That's my plan anyway.  Once power goes out, I'm gonna just stay outside or in the garage smoking cigars and drinking some booze til this thing passes.  Stay safe, fellow Floridians.
Humidor was last thing I grabbed on way to work. And hey man I finally bought a pipe. So if I get a chance tonight I'll light that bad boy up and give it a try.

How you holding up, Dan?  Wanted to send you a PM last night but I didn't have access to a computer  

danb6177

Well that was quite a night. Tampa took a beating but we did ok. House did not flood and took no damage to the house. The house my family went to kept power thoughout and they did just fine. At the plant was a different story. We are on the gulf so we got it bad. Plant was de-powered before it hit but irma bombarded us and eventually our start up transformer (this supplies aux power to the plant) arced and went on fire blacking out the plant. From there on we were in emergency operations . But anyway im back home now and besides yard clean up we are good. Alot of people around here were not so lucky. Thanx for everyones thoughts and prayers, they worked!!
-----

calvarez

We had crazy wind last night here in AZ.  We will rebuild.

https://i.imgur.com/6xwu6Y2.jpg
Carlos Alvarez, Peoria, AZ

"I've learned that the taboo subjects -- religion, politics,
philosophy -- can be safely discussed in polite company
when you're holding a fine cigar and a scotch."
  -- Me

05Venturer

Quotedanb6177 - 9/11/2017  4:15 PM

Well that was quite a night. Tampa took a beating but we did ok. House did not flood and took no damage to the house. The house my family went to kept power thoughout and they did just fine. At the plant was a different story. We are on the gulf so we got it bad. Plant was de-powered before it hit but irma bombarded us and eventually our start up transformer (this supplies aux power to the plant) arced and went on fire blacking out the plant. From there on we were in emergency operations . But anyway im back home now and besides yard clean up we are good. Alot of people around here were not so lucky. Thanx for everyones thoughts and prayers, they worked!!

Great News Brother   :bigthumbs:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

05Venturer

Quotecalvarez - 9/11/2017  4:24 PM

We had crazy wind last night here in AZ.  We will rebuild.

https://i.imgur.com/6xwu6Y2.jpg

:lmao:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Olddog

Hope that bottle was empty before it fell over and didn't bleed to death
"Honest men, with pipes or cigars in their mouths, have great physical advantages in conversation. You may stop talking if you like, but the breaks of silence never seem disagreeable, being filled up by the puffing of smoke." - William Makepeace Thackeray

jagfandaddy

We have power!! Now to get the roof replaced!
"Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman - or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle."
 George Burns

danb6177

Quotejagfandaddy - 9/11/2017  9:19 PM

Oh man. Did you take alotnof damage?
-----

jagfandaddy

Quotedanb6177 - 9/11/2017  9:25 PM

Just a bunch of shingles. Power was out from 11pm last night until about 45 min ago. I have a generator so no problem there.
I have lived here my entire 52 yrs and have never seen it this bad. Jacksonville was on CNN due to the flooding. There was a few streets around our neighborhood that were underwater, but we were lucky.
"Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman - or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle."
 George Burns

toby2

good to see everyone made it with not so much damage. we got lucky. most of our community is w/o power. we aren't. i had two generators and gas etc. ready but we just got  trees down and a few blinks.

danb6177

Quotejagfandaddy - 9/11/2017  9:30 PM

Quotedanb6177 - 9/11/2017  9:25 PM

Just a bunch of shingles. Power was out from 11pm last night until about 45 min ago. I have a generator so no problem there.
I have lived here my entire 52 yrs and have never seen it this bad. Jacksonville was on CNN due to the flooding. There was a few streets around our neighborhood that were underwater, but we were lucky.

Yeah brother this was bad bad. Im just glad you are ok. So many lost so much yesterday. how did the frogs do? Id miss them on the herf if they didnt make it
-----

danb6177

Quotetoby2 - 9/11/2017  10:38 PM

good to see everyone made it with not so much damage. we got lucky. most of our community is w/o power. we aren't. i had two generators and gas etc. ready but we just got  trees down and a few blinks.

Gald to hear you made it through brother!
-----

DonM

Good here, no damage. Lesson learned, my wife does not have near enough Tupperware to evacuate my humidor. Maybe 1/3.

Upon return, no power. We took some and gave away food before we left so that it was not wasted.  My neighbors ate like kings and rode  the storm out.  We were in an evacuation zone  and my fat ass can't swim so good much less in a storm so we hauled ass.

I will buy a generator for future use. Enough to at least run the fridge, lights and a few fans.

Hey, at least everyone is safe. Sorry to hear of the damage, roof, etc.

"The Curmudgeon"

Cap10_Morgan

Can't believe how much widespread flooding in Jacksonville.  I have  a few friends that lost everything.  It was mostly flooding in Jax and not wind, so my family is fine.  Lost power for a while, fence down, roof damage, etc, but nothing big.  For some reason, we got power back the next day....neighbor to my left is still without power and 4 houses down to right is still without.  Don't know how that happened, but I'll take it!
"A good cigar is like a beautiful chick with a great body who also knows the American League box scores." -Klinger, M*A*S*H

danb6177

Looks like the update says my area won't have power until earliest Saturday. I told them that this was cutting into my herf life and to my surprise they didn't really care about that.
-----

Smokin surfer

I am truly sorry and relieved that the damage was mostly material. But I was praying for surf!

Silverstix

Quotedanb6177 - 9/13/2017  3:24 PM  Looks like the update says my area won't have power until earliest Saturday. I told them that this was cutting into my herf life and to my surprise they didn't really care about that.

How you making out down there, bud? 

danb6177

QuoteSilverstix - 9/20/2017  8:30 AM

Quotedanb6177 - 9/13/2017  3:24 PM  Looks like the update says my area won't have power until earliest Saturday. I told them that this was cutting into my herf life and to my surprise they didn't really care about that.

How you making out down there, bud? 

Almost back to normal. Still no internet. Just on my phone. Hopefully they get that resolved today. Other than that we got pretty lucky. No damage. Lost the food in the fridge and that's about it. Thanx for asking man
-----

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.