Padilla Batch 7, anyone?

Started by gitfiddl, 10/20/2017 04:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gitfiddl

Anyone heard of these?  CigarPage has them on their "below the fold" thing for $22/10pk.  I can't seem to find any info anywhere else.  Their description reads "A Honduran Corojo wrapper over a blend of Aganorsa Criollo and Corojo long fillers from Jalapa and Condega. A truly small batch cigar (initial run of 6,000 cigars), Batch 7 has the earmarks of a truly unique and special smoke. Medium-Full, with complex sweet spice, cedar, and coffee notes."

Thoughts?
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

jagfandaddy

Well look who decided to come back for a spell!
"Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman - or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle."
 George Burns

gitfiddl

Quotejagfandaddy - 10/20/2017  6:17 PM

Well look who decided to come back for a spell!

Get off my lawn, Hank!   :biggrin: Love ya, my Brother! Most of the FOGs know I usually check for the annual CFT drive.

Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

ntanner

I had a #17r or something like that small batch release from Padilla once. Came in some sampler I got. Wasn't a horrible smoke and at 2.20 a smoke how can you go wrong. If they are crap then I'm sure you can pawn them off on some mooch.

On a separate note, you're yard was demolished in you're absence and turned into a hangout for the yuppies and spammers so if that's who Hank want's to hang out with, well it's his choice. :biggrin:
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

headfirst

I've tried just about everything Padilla.  In my opinion their lower end stuff isn't worth my time.  Their reserva line is good.
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

gitfiddl

Quotentanner - 10/20/2017  6:39 PM

I had a #17r or something like that small batch release from Padilla once. Came in some sampler I got. Wasn't a horrible smoke and at 2.20 a smoke how can you go wrong. If they are crap then I'm sure you can pawn them off on some mooch.

On a separate note, you're yard was demolished in you're absence and turned into a hangout for the yuppies and spammers so if that's who Hank want's to hang out with, well it's his choice. :biggrin:

Listen here, Bucko! I've still got s**t in my backyard that your Mom Irma left behind.  I think one of her bras is still stuck up in my oak tree!  :-0

Seriously though, I did order the 7's.  Seemed like a good Jack Daniels-esque number. :shades:    Most of the Padilla's Ive had have been good or better.  And you're right, at $2/stick it's hard to go wrong these days.  If I don't like them, I'll send the rest to this asshat I know named Neal in New Mexico...

jagfandaddy

I got you back Dave!
"Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman - or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle."
 George Burns

ntanner

Quotegitfiddl - 10/20/2017  5:31 PM

Listen here, Bucko! I've still got s**t in my backyard that your Mom Irma left behind.  I think one of her bras is still stuck up in my oak tree!  :-0

Seriously though, I did order the 7's.  Seemed like a good Jack Daniels-esque number. :shades:    Most of the Padilla's Ive had have been good or better.  And you're right, at $2/stick it's hard to go wrong these days.  If I don't like them, I'll send the rest to this asshat I know named Neal in New Mexico...

Hey, here in New Mexico that's cachucha de culo
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

AustinMike

When Ernesto had Don Pepin rolling his stuff his cigars were great.  These days I'd smoke a Padilla if it was gifted to me, but I wouldn't pay for it.

DonM

QuoteAustinMike - 10/21/2017  12:53 PM

When Ernesto had Don Pepin rolling his stuff his cigars were great.  These days I'd smoke a Padilla if it was gifted to me, but I wouldn't pay for it.

I feel the same way, not willing to spend the coin to see if the new blend is any good

"The Curmudgeon"

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.