Cedro Real

Started by PETE314, 01/17/2018 09:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PETE314

I had a friend who went to Nicaragua on a medical mission.  And he surprised me with a 5 pack of "Cedro Real de Nacaragua" 

They appear to be toro's 48-50 ring gauge. Habano wrapper. The band is Green with metallic gold print.  A large oval with Cedro Real on top following the curve of the Oval...a crown in the center of the oval and "de" over "Nicaragua" on the bottom following the curve of the oval.  If I were to guess, I would probably say they will be on the milder side.  They were made in Esteli.  They were not expensive. 

It is an honor that he thought of me so they will have a special place with me.  I will definitely be smoking them. But I am very interested if anyone knows anything about them.  Brad (Vroomp), I know you have been to Nicaragua, I am sure you would have seen these based on the description from my friend as to how he found them....do you know anything about them?  (I will try and get a pic up later...)

I thought I was wrong once....but I was mistaken....

What good is it to wear your lucky rocketship underpants if nobody wants to see them????

Deener27

Doesn't look to be anything about the Cedro out there.  About 5 years ago, it looks like someone asked the same thing about them and didn't get much in the way of responses back.

Maybe a factory release that is only local there?

Either way, it is awesome when a friend shows up with cigars.

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." The Stranger

"Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

"You may run like Mays, but you hit like !@#$." ~Lou Brown in Major League

"Looks like you have El Hosel, the laterals—you know, the S-word" ~ Romeo in Tin Cup

Vroomp

QuotePETE314 - 1/17/2018  10:16 AM  

I had a friend who went to Nicaragua on a medical mission.  And he surprised me with a 5 pack of "Cedro Real de Nacaragua" 

They appear to be toro's 48-50 ring gauge. Habano wrapper. The band is Green with metallic gold print.  A large oval with Cedro Real on top following the curve of the Oval...a crown in the center of the oval and "de" over "Nicaragua" on the bottom following the curve of the oval.  If I were to guess, I would probably say they will be on the milder side.  They were made in Esteli.  They were not expensive. 

It is an honor that he thought of me so they will have a special place with me.  I will definitely be smoking them. But I am very interested if anyone knows anything about them.  Brad (Vroomp), I know you have been to Nicaragua, I am sure you would have seen these based on the description from my friend as to how he found them....do you know anything about them?  (I will try and get a pic up later...)

I'm on it~!
Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

PETE314

Like I said...these were not expensive by any means...and l agree they are more than likely a local brand...To me these are "great  cigars"...lol...I don't care what anyone says...LOL  

Thought it would be neat to find more about them...Thanks Brad!!!  I knew you would have the connections...LOL
I thought I was wrong once....but I was mistaken....

What good is it to wear your lucky rocketship underpants if nobody wants to see them????

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.