CigarGeeks Fantasy Baseball 2018 - 5th Annual

Started by StogieDad, 03/21/2018 07:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StogieDad

Actually, we have 11 if nirab returns so I would love one more to make it an even 12.  Or we are back at 10 if Brian doesn't return.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Cfickter

QuoteStogieDad - 3/23/2018  9:37 AM  Actually, we have 11 if nirab returns so I would love one more to make it an even 12.  Or we are back at 10 if Brian doesn't return.

I sent a text to Brian about getting the band back together!
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Cfickter

QuoteKman - 3/22/2018  10:47 PM  

QuoteKid Montana - 3/22/2018  11:36 PM  What site is the FB run through?

Well considering he said you could download the "ESPN Fantasy Sports" app, I'm going to a wild guess and say..... Yahoo 

Just for you Dan, we use Pinterest 

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Kid Montana

QuoteCfickter - 3/23/2018  8:07 AM

QuoteKman - 3/22/2018  10:47 PM  

QuoteKid Montana - 3/22/2018  11:36 PM  What site is the FB run through?

Well considering he said you could download the "ESPN Fantasy Sports" app, I'm going to a wild guess and say..... Yahoo 

Just for you Dan, we use Pinterest 

Yea, you pick your starting lineup by applying a sepia filter to your benched players.

I'd rather have a cigar...

Chrism305

If there is room I will give it a shot this year.

StogieDad

QuoteChrism305 - 3/23/2018  2:02 PM

If there is room I will give it a shot this year.

Invite sent!

That puts us at 12 if nirab returns.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Cfickter

StogieDad

QuoteCfickter - 3/23/2018  10:06 PM

Are we loaded now? 12?

As soon as Brian confirms
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

Cfickter

QuoteChrism305 - 3/24/2018  2:53 PM  when is the draft?

We will use an auto draft and earlier StogieDad posted this
I imagine they will be adding Opening Day - Sunday to the next week for the week 1 game. I am going to set a draft for Wednesday morning so everyone has time to set lineups for Thursday.

Cfickter

Michael, thanks for setting this up once again.  Always a lot of fun.  Will certainly be a regular topic on the herfs with people who are in the league.
You need to join us one night!

Deener27

QuoteCfickter - 3/23/2018  9:06 PM

Are we loaded now? 12?

It takes more than 12 for some of us to be loaded. :biggrin:  :singing:

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." The Stranger

"Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

"You may run like Mays, but you hit like !@#$." ~Lou Brown in Major League

"Looks like you have El Hosel, the laterals—you know, the S-word" ~ Romeo in Tin Cup

StogieDad

QuoteCfickter - 3/26/2018  8:10 AM

Michael, thanks for setting this up once again.  Always a lot of fun.  Will certainly be a regular topic on the herfs with people who are in the league.
You need to join us one night!

Will do now that the weather is warming up!  Been a while....

Did you happen to hear from nirab whe you texted?  He is all I am lacking to close and set a draft.
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

Cfickter

I didn't hear specifically to my text, but he did a group text to a bunch of us that he has been pretty busy.  Will reach out again

StogieDad

OK guys, draft set for Wednesday morning.  If you want to move around your draft preferences before then you may do so.  That gives us time to set rosters and make adds or releases before Thursday's games.  Thanks for joining.

PLAY BALL!
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

nirab

I am in! So sorry for the delay...y'all know what's been going on...

The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Cfickter

Looking forward to it, good luck everyone (except those playing me that week!!!)

Kid Montana

I have many questions about draft order... to be asked on the Herf tonight.

I'd rather have a cigar...

StogieDad

QuoteKid Montana - 3/26/2018  4:43 PM

Hopefully Chuck can answer, can't be on tonight.  But basically the draft order will randomize right before draft and it will auto draft by your preferences (or the default player list/preferences if not changed) until the teams are full.  If you go to the My Team tab on the website, it shows the draft is starting Wednesday and has links to change your player order and/or preferences.  So you can order players if there are certain ones you want to move up or down, and you can select if you would prefer to take a position by round or just let it pick best available (like you may want a starting pitcher for your first two picks, etc).  Hope this helps.
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

05Venturer

QuoteKid Montana - 3/26/2018  3:43 PM

Draft catchers and anyone with a chance of hitting the IR list  :thumbsup:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Caveman Steve

I can be somewhat of a computer idiot at times so forgive me in advance.
I am able to get to the league home page, and I seem to be logged in (not positive) but cant figure out how to set draft preferences.  I can't find the "My Team" icon anywhere.??

Help?
"yesterday I did nothing, and today I'm finishing what I did yesterday"

nirab

QuoteCaveman Steve - 3/26/2018  6:46 PM

I am able to get to the league home page, and I seem to be logged in (not positive) but cant figure out how to set draft preferences.  I can't find the "My Team" icon anywhere.??

Help?

Go to your Team Page. Just right of your team icon, you will see Edit Auto Pick Strategy...click that and away you go! Look for extra catchers and little used utility players, along with 2 or 3 DH's...you will thank me later!!!  :lmao:  :shy:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Caveman Steve

Quotenirab - 3/26/2018  6:02 PM

QuoteCaveman Steve - 3/26/2018  6:46 PM

Help?

Go to your Team Page. Just right of your team icon, you will see Edit Auto Pick Strategy...click that and away you go! Look for extra catchers and little used utility players, along with 2 or 3 DH's...you will thank me later!!!  :lmao:  :shy:

I don't have that Icon.  Just a box that says  "draft order determined when draft begins"  ??  Confused
"yesterday I did nothing, and today I'm finishing what I did yesterday"

ninfiction

QuoteCaveman Steve - 3/26/2018  5:20 PM

I don't have that Icon.  Just a box that says  "draft order determined when draft begins"  ??  Confused

Should be 2 links in that same box

"Edit Pre Draft Player Rankings" and "Edit Autopick Strategy"

This is not the admin you're looking for...

Cfickter

OK, looks like my line up is loaded so I have some changes to make.  Pitching is weak

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.