2nd Annual INDY 500 Contest (Results/WINNERS POSTED)

Started by Deener27, 04/29/2018 11:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shakinghorizons

Deener27

Quoteshakinghorizons - 5/3/2018  12:29 PM

Do we have 22 active members on this site?

I guess we will see.

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." The Stranger

"Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

"You may run like Mays, but you hit like !@#$." ~Lou Brown in Major League

"Looks like you have El Hosel, the laterals—you know, the S-word" ~ Romeo in Tin Cup

amigodecigars

Count me in............thanks Dave.                                                                                                                                                                                                         
"There are plenty of good five-cent cigars in the country. The trouble is they cost a quarter. What this country needs is a good five-cent nickel."  Franklin Pierce Adams

Cfickter

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

xjking

-Denis-

nathanw13

I'd love to be considered, but I'm aware I don't quite meet all the reqs. If you'll add me, woot! Otherwise, good on you for doing this!
Our country has plenty of five-cent cigars, but the trouble is they charge fifteen cents for them.

Will Rogers

Deener27

nathanw13 and xjking, I am going to hold off on the entry just to stick to the book on the rules to fair to everyone here.  I am an accountant afterall, so I gotta live by the rules I set up.  

I would totally consider entry as we get closer to closing time (esp if you establish a bit more cred in the next few weeks).

"I am looking for CONUS or GWN players, who are active on the site or semi regulars here preferably Vet status or better or with a rec from an established Geek (doing this one in response to some crazy spam lately and cigarhawks trying to get some freebies on the site)."

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." The Stranger

"Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

"Looks like you have El Hosel, the laterals—you know, the S-word" ~ Romeo in Tin Cup

nathanw13

QuoteDeener27 - 5/7/2018  7:48 AM

nathanw13 and xjking, I am going to hold off on the entry just to stick to the book on the rules to fair to everyone here.  I am an accountant afterall, so I gotta live by the rules I set up.  

I would totally consider entry as we get closer to closing time (esp if you establish a bit more cred in the next few weeks).

"I am looking for CONUS or GWN players, who are active on the site or semi regulars here preferably Vet status or better or with a rec from an established Geek (doing this one in response to some crazy spam lately and cigarhawks trying to get some freebies on the site)."

Totally understand, and if I don't meet the reqs this time around maybe next year I'll be more integrated into the community and have a bit more cred.

I do have a Q though; CONUS I know - GWN? All a cursory google search turns up is Global Wrestling Network. Is this a challenge?? :P
Our country has plenty of five-cent cigars, but the trouble is they charge fifteen cents for them.

Will Rogers

benchjockey

You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

Deener27

Quotenathanw13 - 5/7/2018  8:09 AM

QuoteDeener27 - 5/7/2018  7:48 AM

Totally understand, and if I don't meet the reqs this time around maybe next year I'll be more integrated into the community and have a bit more cred.

I do have a Q though; CONUS I know - GWN? All a cursory google search turns up is Global Wrestling Network. Is this a challenge?? :P

Global Wrestling Network   :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:

That made my day!

Cfickter

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

appollo

Deener27

Quoteappollo - 5/7/2018  7:58 PM

I will play.Count me in.

Gotcha in the pool.  Thanks for playing.

xjking

no problem with this, I actually posted before i read the rules >.<, my eligibility will come along before the great race next year.
-Denis-

Deener27

Deener27

Updated Odds as of a few days ago.

1Driver                 Odds (5/7)
Alexander Rossi         5-1
Josef Newgarden      8-1
Scott Dixon         10-1
Simon Pagenaud      10-1
Ryan Hunter-Ray      12-1
Graham Rahal         12-1
Will Power                 12-1
Helio Castroneves    12-1
James Hinchcliffe     15-1
Marco Andretti         15-1
Tony Kanaan         20-1
Sebastien Bourdais  20-1
Carlos Munoz         20-1
Takuma Sato         25-1
Robert Wickens         25-1
Ed Jones                 25-1
Danica Patrick         30-1
Ed Carpenter         30-1
Zach Veach         30-1
Gabby Chaves         40-1
JR Hildebrand         40-1
Spencer Pigot         40-1
Stefan Wilson         40-1
Oriol Servia         50-1
Sage Karam         60-1
Matteus Leist         80-1
Charlie Kimball         80-1
Max Chilton         100-1
Jay Howard         100-1
Connor Daly         100-1
James Davidson         100-1
Kyle Kaiser         500-1
Pippa Mann         1000-1
Buddy Lazier         1000-1

junglepete

I'll play if it's still open...thanks for the contest!
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Deener27

Quotejunglepete - 5/11/2018  12:50 PM

I'll play if it's still open...thanks for the contest!

You're in.

Kman

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

headfirst

I'll throw my hat in if this isn't filled up.  Thanks for the contest. :bigthumbs:
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

Deener27

Deener27

DRuff

Deener27

Brlesq

:bump: There's got to be one more qualified member here!

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.