Opus Shark

Started by MusicCity, 05/02/2018 11:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MusicCity

My local B&M had some but they went...fast. Let me know if you can proxy or have a line on some.

Silverstix

Have you ever smoked a shark?  I smoked an Anejo shark and the burn was terrible on it until I got past the box press.  A very cool looking cigar, but seemed to me like more of a novelty thing (at least with my experience with the Anejo).  I'm sure the Opus is big bucks

toby2

i still have the one Brad sent me. it's the only one i've ever seen. they are pretty scarce around here. thx again Vroomp!

MusicCity

StogieDad

I've smoked one and still have one or two, along with lots of Anejo Sharks.  I wouldn't go out and pay the crazy premiums they want for these, but they are extremely good cigars.  They can go for $60+ on Opus and $25+ for Anejo, which is outta my zone.  But for $12-15 for the Anejo and $20 or so for the Opus, worst cigars can be had for more for sure.

Never had a construction issue from any of them though...

They also came in the Fuente Charity two-pack a few years back with a Julius Caesar Shark I think.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

AustinMike

I agree with not paying the premium price.  Try Tampa Sweethearts.  They don't charge crazy prices.  I love the Anejo shark.  I've probably smoked 10 in all the years I've been smoking cigars.  You can even find boxes, if you know where to look.  I don't chase Fuente candy anymore.

MusicCity

I've had mixed burns with the EotS but nothing terrible. MSRP is $15.50 which I'd pay. Good call on sweethearts I'll give them a look.

AustinMike

In tge past you had to call for anejos.  That and you also had to buy something else.  Didn't mind it much, because I love the Cuesta Rey sungrowns.

Brlesq

Anejos aren't rare anymore, though they used to be.  Can find them in a lot of places most of the year round.  I agree that Sharks can burn wonky sometimes.  Ge the No. 55 size.  Similar sized cigar but round and a much better burn
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

PETE314

Love the Anejo's and I have never had burn issues with the Sharks...I am not sure the extra $$$ is worth it...except you can wow everyone when you show and tell...But not so sure that is worth the price either...LOL  That said...I will happily accept any and all Anejo Sharks anyone wants to give me...LMAO  Defintely would not kick them out of the humidor...LOL
I thought I was wrong once....but I was mistaken....

What good is it to wear your lucky rocketship underpants if nobody wants to see them????

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.