August Member Sponsored Geek Critique

Started by junglepete, 06/22/2018 09:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

05Venturer

Gonna get this in this weekend  :thumbsup:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Cfickter

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

05Venturer

GC is complete an submitted. Thanks Chuck
Kent

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Deener27

Critique is done and submitted.

Thanks for letting me in on this one Chuck.

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." The Stranger

"Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

"You may run like Mays, but you hit like !@#$." ~Lou Brown in Major League

"Looks like you have El Hosel, the laterals—you know, the S-word" ~ Romeo in Tin Cup

shakinghorizons

Just under the wire - mine is submitted!

bstessl

Like Indiana Jones sliding through and grabbing his hat... This one barely made it in time!

Thanks for having me!
Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

bstessl

Just for informations sake...  this cigar was the Aquitaine Atlatl, not the Cro Magnon.   Dave pointed this out and we looked it up, the wrapper is different between the two cigars.

kurtb718

Quoteshakinghorizons - 7/25/2018  8:07 PM

Just under the wire - mine is submitted!

Wow a 44. I have only been here a short time but it sure seems that you are one of the few that don't enjoy Roma Craft. I was looking to try one in my attempt to try something other than my usual ACIDs and flavored cigars.

bstessl

Wow, a 1 for flavor, was that on purpose?

bstessl

Bump just to try and get some info on this...

Silverstix

Quotekurtb718 - 8/3/2018  7:34 PM  
Quoteshakinghorizons - 7/25/2018  8:07 PM  Just under the wire - mine is submitted!
Wow a 44. I have only been here a short time but it sure seems that you are one of the few that don't enjoy Roma Craft. I was looking to try one in my attempt to try something other than my usual ACIDs and flavored cigars.

I know Colin is more of a medium bodied cigar type of smoker, I fall into that category too.  I find that I have to really be in the mood for a Roma Craft.  I liked the Intemperance BA and the Aquitaine Knuckle Dragger, but speaking for myself, I have to be craving that earthy peppery spice (which doesn't happen often)

shakinghorizons

Quotebstessl - 8/4/2018  12:52 PM

Wow, a 1 for flavor, was that on purpose?

Negative - PM sent to SenorPablo to update the review.

shakinghorizons

QuoteSilverstix - 8/15/2018  5:57 AM
I know Colin is more of a medium bodied cigar type of smoker, I fall into that category too.  I find that I have to really be in the mood for a Roma Craft.  I liked the Intemperance BA and the Aquitaine Knuckle Dragger, but speaking for myself, I have to be craving that earthy peppery spice (which doesn't happen often)

Thanks Tom, you are spot on. Although I never crave peppery spice, lol.

Silverstix

Quoteshakinghorizons - 8/15/2018  10:17 AM  
QuoteSilverstix - 8/15/2018  5:57 AM I know Colin is more of a medium bodied cigar type of smoker, I fall into that category too.  I find that I have to really be in the mood for a Roma Craft.  I liked the Intemperance BA and the Aquitaine Knuckle Dragger, but speaking for myself, I have to be craving that earthy peppery spice (which doesn't happen often)

Thanks Tom, you are spot on. Although I never crave peppery spice, lol.

I'm a glutton for punishment, what can I say  :loser:  

Murphy223

So being new to the forum and all, how can one get in on future months critiques?

shakinghorizons

QuoteMurphy223 - 8/15/2018  5:43 PM

So being new to the forum and all, how can one get in on future months critiques?

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?board=50.0

shakinghorizons

I'm told my review has been fixed - thanks Paul!

kurtb718

Quoteshakinghorizons - 7/25/2018  8:07 PM  Just under the wire - mine is submitted!

So just out of curiosity why sign up for a review of a cigar that is basically not in your flavor profile? Not being a smarta$$ just asking the question as a newb. :confused:

shakinghorizons

Quotekurtb718 - 8/15/2018  7:54 PM

So just out of curiosity why sign up for a review of a cigar that is basically not in your flavor profile? Not being a smarta$$ just asking the question as a newb. :confused:

The reviews I read ( not on this site) mentioned subtle pepper flavors, not a pepper bomb. In end, yes there was pepper, but not overwhelming.

DonM

Quotekurtb718 - 8/16/2018  12:54 AM

Just because I like medium full to full flavored cigars and predominately NIC's, It does not mean that I do not smoke or enjoy milder cigars on occasion.   I would not be afraid the review a milder cigar and the review would be done without regard to strength.  Nothing wrong with Colin smoking a cigar and reviewing it that is outside his normal tastes.

I ride a Harley, Kent rides some rice grinding POS, but I don't bust his stones about it (too much)  same priciple

"The Curmudgeon"

05Venturer

QuoteDonM - 8/16/2018  5:41 AM

I ride a Harley, Kent rides some rice grinding POS, but I don't bust his stones about it (too much)  same priciple

Because you can't catch me  LOL
Kent

bstessl

Deener27

This may be the comedy comeback post of the year.

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." The Stranger

"Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

"You may run like Mays, but you hit like !@#$." ~Lou Brown in Major League

"Looks like you have El Hosel, the laterals—you know, the S-word" ~ Romeo in Tin Cup

kurtb718

Quote05Venturer - 8/16/2018  5:02 AM

Because you can't catch me  LOL

Maybe that ground rice could soak up the Harley oil slick?? :lmao:

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.