Major job change and life change on the horizon

Started by Silverstix, 06/26/2018 09:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tvolball

"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

Silverstix

Quoteninfiction - 7/10/2018  11:15 PM  Dam fine choice for a cigar too.

Damn fine is right, Brian! Man, this was a cigar and a half.  The only cigar I've ever had that actually smoked ME!  :lmao:

Chefjohn

Ive been looking at the Padron Family Reserve 45. My accountant (the Mrs) has "asked" me to scale back purchases for a bit but thats definitely a wish list stick.
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Silverstix

John, it's truly a bucket list smoke that you should try once in your life.  Carve out about 2-1/2 hours of uninterrupted smoking time. Make sure you eat a hearty meal before smoking, and keep a sweet drink nearby because this is a butt kicker but a great experience

Silverstix

thanks for the congrats, fellas! Now I just gotta earn my keep

Chefjohn

Chefjohn

QuoteSilverstix - 7/11/2018  8:57 AM

John, it's truly a bucket list smoke that you should try once in your life.  Carve out about 2-1/2 hours of uninterrupted smoking time. Make sure you eat a hearty meal before smoking, and keep a sweet drink nearby because this is a butt kicker but a great experience

What do you mean by it being a butt kicker?

Silverstix

QuoteChefjohn - 7/13/2018  8:42 AM  
QuoteSilverstix - 7/11/2018  8:57 AM  John, it's truly a bucket list smoke that you should try once in your life.  Carve out about 2-1/2 hours of uninterrupted smoking time. Make sure you eat a hearty meal before smoking, and keep a sweet drink nearby because this is a butt kicker but a great experience

It packs a punch in the nicotine department.  I am never affected by nicotine in cigars, but this was the first and only one that I actually started to "feel" at the midway point.....like, damn, I don't know if I can finish this lol. I went inside, threw down a few handfuls of chocolate chips and a diet coke, and came back out and powered through it. Oh and in the 5-7 minutes it took to do this, it still didn't go out!!  :smoker2:

Chefjohn

QuoteSilverstix - 7/13/2018  10:37 AM

QuoteChefjohn - 7/13/2018  8:42 AM  
QuoteSilverstix - 7/11/2018  8:57 AM  John, it's truly a bucket list smoke that you should try once in your life.  Carve out about 2-1/2 hours of uninterrupted smoking time. Make sure you eat a hearty meal before smoking, and keep a sweet drink nearby because this is a butt kicker but a great experience

It packs a punch in the nicotine department.  I am never affected by nicotine in cigars, but this was the first and only one that I actually started to "feel" at the midway point.....like, damn, I don't know if I can finish this lol. I went inside, threw down a few handfuls of chocolate chips and a diet coke, and came back out and powered through it. Oh and in the 5-7 minutes it took to do this, it still didn't go out!!  :smoker2:

I experienced something like that with one of the Rocky Patel's from a sampler I got. I got nauseous and a bit dizzy. I think I just smoked it to fast. Just part of my education. Lesson learned.

ebernabe

congratulations.  glad you get a great financial boost and the shorter commute time.

c9belayer

When the nicotine hits, here's a trick: Put 1/2 teaspoon of sugar in your mouth and hold it against the roof of your mouth, letting it dissolve slowly. In a minute or two the nausea will disappear. Works a treat, and is a great technique for newbies.
-- c9belayer

Chefjohn

Quotec9belayer - 8/4/2018  8:08 PM

When the nicotine hits, here's a trick: Put 1/2 teaspoon of sugar in your mouth and hold it against the roof of your mouth, letting it dissolve slowly. In a minute or two the nausea will disappear. Works a treat, and is a great technique for newbies.

:barf:  Oops, too late.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.