Alacranes Cigars

Started by stogie_foggie, 09/15/2008 02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twinky

Ive got a sampler on the way as well. Ive promised Pete that I would let the local smoke shops know about his cigars and I hope to hook him up with a few sales. From what im hearing about these it will be hard to let the sit for long.
"Smoking cigars don't make you cool. Being cool makes you smoke cigars" -Me

alacranes cigars

Fellas, I didn't even know this post was here! I just want to go ahead and thank you guys again for the positive reviews. I greatly appreciate it. For those who haven't recieved their samples yet, they'll definitely be there before this weekend.

Just a little history for those who were wondering... My family made cigars in the small town of Alacranes, Cuba, which is in the province of Matanzas. It's such a small town that not even most Cubans have heard of it. Thus, the name. I picked up the torch here and have been making them for nearly 10 years now, in Miami. I have a very small but very loyal customer base that grows daily through word of mouth and through my retail location in Palm Beach County, where I recently had the pleasure of meeting Larry &  that's how I found out about you guys.  

I just started doing the web stuff so I'm sorry if there's not much info on it yet, but I'm working on it.

I'll talk to you guys soon. Thanks again.

Pete

JKG

Welcome Pete.  It's always great to hear about a new company in the U.S. making cigars.  I wish you all the best and prosperity.

podman28

Thanks for the information Pete. If you could give a bit of info on price point and possibly re-ordering after the sampler? Just curious and after the reviews already I am looking forward to trying mine that are resting in the humi right now.

mhuss

It sounds like you need you a website, Pete!  I'm sure you've thought about the fact that through just one contact, your cigars could really take off.  I think that's happened with you meeting Larry.  I've loved the cigars you've provided me!  They are fantastic!  I think you have a great thing happening here.  All you need now is the communication to the rest of the country.  And a website will do that.  Thanks again for sending me the sampler package!  I have a couple more to go, and I really look forward to taking them for a spin!

Duker511

Pete, you could put your cigars up against anything on the market as far as Im concerned. I smoked the ones you sent me and have nothing bad to say, I cant say that about many others. They were all perfectly rolled, all burned good, and all had a good firm draw. All of them tasted great, the Robusto with the H2000 wrapper was my favorite. :biggrin:
Tim

Twinky

I got mine today. I smoked one and I loved it!

minesman

Got my sampler yesterday. Thanks again.

Will let them nap for a bit.

BlackIrish

Mine came and are napping, too.  Thanks, Pete!
(__
  • ___{{{~[/B]

Twinky

Im going to need to get some pricing info on these. Ive a feeling they will be ever present in my humidor.

JKG

A special thanks to Pete.  My samples arrived on Friday.  I'm going to give two of them to my Dad and ask him to tell me his impression.  When he does I'll post a review here.  

I smoked the Robusto Connecticut.  My samples arrived wrapped in what appeared to be a Connecticut tobacco leaf.  "Pete, is it a Connecticut leaf, or another kind?"  My wife was sitting at the table when I opened the box and she commented on how much better these cigars smell than those I normally get.  I showed her the tobacco leaf and she asked what it was.  I inhaled the sweet aroma of the leaf and so did my wife.  She was surprised at how sweet it smelled.  I rolled up the leaf and put it in my humidor.  I'm saving it to show it to my Dad.  He's 75 and used to be a pipe smoker until I converted him to cigars a year ago.

Check out my review on this one, it was superb in every way and made in the USA.  :smoker: I could smoke these on a regular basis.  I smoked it Friday evening while sitting on my patio in a reclining lawn chair drinking a diet Mountain Dew and reading a book my wife got me on the history of James Bond (I suppose I should have been drinking a Martini, "Shaken, not stirred").  When I finished the Alacranes more than an hour later, I got up out of my chair and was a little light-headed.  It had a little more oomph than I expected.

alacranes cigars

Jeff, thank you so much,I definitely appreciate it more than you can ever imagine, & that pretty much goes for everybody else & their positive reviews. Anyways, on the wrapper, you're right on the money, it's a Connecticut. It's the real thing too, not a transplant, over a hundred bucks a pound & grown right here in the U.S.A.. I think that that's one of the most important things that makes the cigars a little unique since most companies use  transplants due the high cost & limited availability of the real thing, & that includes the big boys too ;-)

Anyways, I'm rambling, the important thing is that I'm glad you liked the cigars because I loved making them for you, & that  goes for all you guys out there, thank you, It means alot.

Peter

Bob Cordell

Did somebody say Connecticut wrapper? Can you send me some information on your cigars?

You can PM me

Thanks, Bob
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

mhuss

QuoteBob Cordell - 9/30/2008  2:39 PM
Did somebody say Connecticut wrapper? Can you send me some information on your cigars?

Indeed.  I think quite a few of us would like more information on where we can get our hands on some more!  I know, I for one, wouldn't mind acquiring a few more of these babies!  Pete, if you get the chance and if you wouldn't mind, could you post some purchase information for us?

JKG

Pete!!! Can you post information on pricing and how we can order some cigars from you?   :confused: I know I'd like to get some more Maduro Robusto's and other's have expressed interest in ordering some.

bslatner

QuoteJKG - 10/14/2008  12:08 PMPete!!! Can you post information on pricing and how we can order some cigars from you?   :confused: I know I'd like to get some more Maduro Robusto's and other's have expressed interest in ordering some.

No kidding. I want to buy some too!

alacranes cigars

Whats up guys, how are you?

Sorry it's been awhile, I had some computer problems. I hope everyone's received their samples, if not, email me and I'll get them out to you asap. As far as the pricing, the website will be up by next Wednesday with all the prices but if you'd like you can email me before then and I'll give them to you guys with a special discount. Talk to you guys soon.

Pete

Twinky

Will we be able to place orders threw the site?

SenorPablo

So I just had the Churchill of Alacranes.  I have to say it was a very pleasantly surprisingly good smoke.  I felt compelled to say so in the forum.  Pete has a real potential of being a very good line of cigars.

Not sure how we go about getting more of them, but maybe Pete will show up and give us some details.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

Duker511

A couple guys around here have already ordered some. Im sure someone will PM you the ordering info Paul.
Tim

bslatner

QuoteDuker511 - 12/7/2008  6:48 AMA couple guys around here have already ordered some. Im sure someone will PM you the ordering info Paul.

I would like that same info :-)

junglepete

Pete Alacrane

alacranescigars@hotmail.com

514-998-1374 number at his store
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Twinky

I will be receaving a few beauties friday. Im asking him about his new blend he is coming out with next month. what do you guys know about it?

junglepete

He pretty much tweaks his blends by specific requests by his regular customers. That's all I know about his blends.
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

freakydeakydutchman

"when a guy does something stupid once, well that's because he's a guy. But if he does the same stupid thing twice, that's usually to impress some girl."
Dr. Suess

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=freakydeakydutchman

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.