Cigar Geeks 2018 FFL

Started by johncw, 07/12/2018 01:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chief791

Ok guys. Starting Sept 4 I switch to night shift. If we could do the draft sometime in August it would be better for me. If not ill just have to use auto draft.
"Well now I'm no hero, That's understood
All the redemption I can offer, girl, Is beneath this dirty hood"
From Thunder Road by Bruce Springsteen

"Give me a diablo sandwich, a Dr. Pepper, and make it quick, I'm in a god-damn hurry."

Buford T. Justice

StogieDad

I don't really have a conflict on any day of those, so whatever works for you guys.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

BewareDaPenguin

I just can't do the 20th as I'll be in Chicago for a Pearl Jam concert :smoker:
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

johncw

I've gotten feed back from 11 of you so far... The most popular date to draft is Sept 4th or 5th. Some have to work 2nd shift that week so they can't make it. I was curious if everyone would be available on Labor Day evening on the 3rd? Same time as mentioned 9ET?

Thanks, John

johncw

Also fyi... i think last years draft was over in under 1.5 hours.

Cfickter

Quotejohncw - 8/2/2018  4:10 PM  I've gotten feed back from 11 of you so far... The most popular date to draft is Sept 4th or 5th. Some have to work 2nd shift that week so they can't make it. I was curious if everyone would be available on Labor Day evening on the 3rd? Same time as mentioned 9ET?  Thanks, John

That is also a possibility 

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

chief791

Yes. I could do it labor day.
"Well now I'm no hero, That's understood
All the redemption I can offer, girl, Is beneath this dirty hood"
From Thunder Road by Bruce Springsteen

"Give me a diablo sandwich, a Dr. Pepper, and make it quick, I'm in a god-damn hurry."

Buford T. Justice

Cap10_Morgan

I definitely can't do Labor Day.  It's opening night FSU vs VT!  (And I'm either going to the game or a viewing party)
"A good cigar is like a beautiful chick with a great body who also knows the American League box scores." -Klinger, M*A*S*H

klamm143

The 3rd does work for me...........actually have that night off - but - if we don't draft on that night I'm sure I can fill the hours with cigars and plenty of adult beverages.
Kevin R. Lamm

It is what it is - and these things too shall pass. It may pass like a kidney stone - but IT WILL PASS.

BewareDaPenguin

I'm doing 2 fantasy drafts on the 3rd won't work for me either...

johncw

OK so far there isn't a date that atleast 2 can't make the draft so i'm going to try 2 more days earlier in August and we'll see... please respond ASAP..

Aug 15th and Aug 23rd... getting closer to less time to prepare and running the risk of players getting injured after you draft them with preseason.

If we don't get a better result i'm going to set for Sept 5 to give all the preseason to be completed.

Cap10_Morgan

Im good with all 3 dates.
"A good cigar is like a beautiful chick with a great body who also knows the American League box scores." -Klinger, M*A*S*H

05Venturer

Quotejohncw - 8/6/2018  8:57 AM

OK so far there isn't a date that atleast 2 can't make the draft so i'm going to try 2 more days earlier in August and we'll see... please respond ASAP..

Aug 15th and Aug 23rd... getting closer to less time to prepare and running the risk of players getting injured after you draft them with preseason.

If we don't get a better result i'm going to set for Sept 5 to give all the preseason to be completed.

15th, 23rd or the 5th work for me.
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

klamm143

15th is good for me as well............
Kevin R. Lamm

It is what it is - and these things too shall pass. It may pass like a kidney stone - but IT WILL PASS.

BewareDaPenguin

I'd prefer sept 5th but the 23rd is fine with me as well if it works better for others :thumbsup:

nirab

I am on vacation during the August dates, so no go for me. I can make Sept. 3-5, after 8pm cst so I can close the shop.
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

johncw

Alright Since no date works for everyone. I'm going to go with one of the original dates Sept 5th. 8pm CST.
This will give everyone the maximum amount of time to prepare and Preseason is over so all injuries should be known.

Remember all cigars need to be sent to me.

Please set your draft order just in case you are running late or having issues. Also test your ability to draft.

Thanks

StogieDad

Thanks John.  I will get smokes out ASAP and draft should be fine for me.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

05Venturer

Quotejohncw - 8/8/2018  7:56 AM

Alright Since no date works for everyone. I'm going to go with one of the original dates Sept 5th. 8pm CST.
This will give everyone the maximum amount of time to prepare and Preseason is over so all injuries should be known.

Please set your draft order just in case you are running late or having issues. Also test your ability to draft.

Thanks
Sounds Good, Maybe we should have cigars in or the rest draft for you.  :lmao:
Kent

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

05Venturer

Quotejohncw - 7/12/2018  1:59 PM

It's that time of year again FFL players

It's almost August so figured it's time to get the league started. First I want to give everyone in the league last year a chance to rejoin first then if there are spots open I will open it up to all the Geeks. Again this year we will all be putting up 5 cigars ($7+) and one really nice cigar ($12+). I'm requesting everyone send me the cigars this year, since we had someone not pay up at all last year. If cigars are not sent to me you run the risk of forfeiting games. Regular season winner gets the ($12) cigars. Winner of the playoffs gets everyone's 5 cigars and 2nd place of the playoffs gets the 5 cigars 1st place put up.

We will again try and do a Online Draft and Google Herf.

Gronkman Style (John) (confirmed in)
Chief the Whole F'n Show (Ken) (confirmed in)
Redneck Warriors (Jason) (confirmed In)
Toilet Monsters (Brian) (confirmed In)
Penn State Boys Camp (Adam) (Confirmed In)
BamaStogieboys (Michael) (confirmed In)
Lambeaughinis (Kent) Confirmed In
Killers on the confluence (Chuck)Confirmed In
Klamm143 (Reese) Confirmed In
Cap10_Morgan (Jeff) Confirmed in
The Dudes (Kerry) Confirmed In
Deener27 (Dave) Confirmed in

I hope whoever never payed up last year is not allowed in this year.
Kent

Cap10_Morgan

I'll be there on the 5th.  I'll definitely get my cigars sent in ASAP, but I'm glad I have a little wiggle room.  Only because I didn't want to send the exact same cigars as last year.  I don't have a ton of cigars that meet the requirements, so this gives me a little time to order something new and get them back out to you.  Looking forward to a better season this year... although I probably won't sneak past anyone with the Jags defense this year, lmao.

BewareDaPenguin

Awesome John I'll get the sticks out in the next week or so, still unpacking fuggin boxes from the move but got my humidor plugged in of course :biggrin:

BewareDaPenguin

Quote05Venturer - 8/8/2018  8:16 PM

Quotejohncw - 7/12/2018  1:59 PM

It's that time of year again FFL players

It's almost August so figured it's time to get the league started. First I want to give everyone in the league last year a chance to rejoin first then if there are spots open I will open it up to all the Geeks. Again this year we will all be putting up 5 cigars ($7+) and one really nice cigar ($12+). I'm requesting everyone send me the cigars this year, since we had someone not pay up at all last year. If cigars are not sent to me you run the risk of forfeiting games. Regular season winner gets the ($12) cigars. Winner of the playoffs gets everyone's 5 cigars and 2nd place of the playoffs gets the 5 cigars 1st place put up.

We will again try and do a Online Draft and Google Herf.

Gronkman Style (John) (confirmed in)
Chief the Whole F'n Show (Ken) (confirmed in)
Redneck Warriors (Jason) (confirmed In)
Toilet Monsters (Brian) (confirmed In)
Penn State Boys Camp (Adam) (Confirmed In)
BamaStogieboys (Michael) (confirmed In)
Lambeaughinis (Kent) Confirmed In
Killers on the confluence (Chuck)Confirmed In
Klamm143 (Reese) Confirmed In
Cap10_Morgan (Jeff) Confirmed in
The Dudes (Kerry) Confirmed In
Deener27 (Dave) Confirmed in

I hope whoever never payed up last year is not allowed in this year.

Yeah it was Razie I believe, and he actually hadn"t logged in since last Oct I believe. Didn't go check, but hopefully he's ok...n I made good use of the rest of them smokes even without his :smoker:

johncw

Quote05Venturer - 8/8/2018  8:14 PM

Quotejohncw - 8/8/2018  7:56 AM

Thanks
Sounds Good, Maybe we should have cigars in or the rest draft for you.  :lmao:

I like that idea Kent! With the first pick in the draft you select NYJ Defense.

Cfickter

Mine are going into the mail today, will PM the tracking number
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.