Hurricane Florence

Started by jagfandaddy, 09/13/2018 05:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cfickter

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

PETE314

Really no real rain to speak of...some drizzles...egrets and birds coming back to the retention pond.  Dont know what else to say...i did not expect a lot...but this is FAR less than i expected...
I thought I was wrong once....but I was mistaken....

What good is it to wear your lucky rocketship underpants if nobody wants to see them????

Cap10_Morgan

My son is at Camp Lejeune, NC.  I saw on their Facebook page, a lot of family members saying their Marines told them how crazy it was, etc.  Being from Florida, Gavin told me "yeah, it got a little windy", lmao.
As for not evacuating... I can say living in Florida and dealing with hurricanes (or the threat of hurricanes) all the time... if we chose to evacuate for each one, we might as well just move during hurricane season.
"A good cigar is like a beautiful chick with a great body who also knows the American League box scores." -Klinger, M*A*S*H

ntanner

Just heard from my son at Cherry Point, still raining a little and power is still off but no major damage,
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

CoreyMacLeod

Some sustained wind and light rain here.  Not sure what is supposed to be later on tonight, but I'm not really worried about it.
No Signature Necessary.

vw77guy

Hey guys, long time.... too long.  I'm just south of Raleigh and it's wet!  Power was out for a little, but we're back up and running.  Been raining for days and flooding will continue to be an issue as we still have a few days of rain to deal with.  Looks like we're about half way through the storm since it's moving through here so slowly.  It's not near as bad as predicted but I guess it's not over.

Thanks for all the well wishes.

benchjockey

Glad to hear  that you are safe and sound, Shawn.
You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

CarlosoftHUN

Cigars - What else?

"The light ones may be killers, the dark ones mild; not the wrappers but the fillers, make cigars or women wild." -Keith Preston

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.