December Member Sponsored Geek Critique

Started by shakinghorizons, 07/10/2018 12:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shakinghorizons

QuoteSilverstix - 11/20/2018  6:11 AM

Ok I smoked this last night, took some detailed notes and I have a good review put together.  I forget how we did it last year with the blind review - how do I post my review? Should I use the official geek critique format/scoring system but just post it under the cigar I think it is?

Side Note - I think all geek critiques should be done blind, makes you pay so much more close attention and without any bias of what you're smoking

I agree and it's why I have sent every Geek Critique blind. You can't look up to see what other people have thought about the flavor profile.

shakinghorizons

Would everyone post their guess? Interested to see!

Chefjohn

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

ninfiction

I have no idea what it was. Tom told me his guess and I think he might be right.

I guessed Dominican Nude Bundles (Best Cigar Prices) Torpedo Connecticut Shade  :lmao:
This is not the admin you're looking for...

Silverstix

I gave Colin my guess, I was wrong. I guessed Opus X Super Belicoso.....wishful thinking perhaps haha. Gonna laugh if it's a Dominican Nude Bundle!!

Chefjohn

shakinghorizons

1 guess is very close, but I'll wait to hear from the others before spilling the beans!

Silverstix

c'mon fockers get those guesses in, I wanna know what the cigar was!!

Chefjohn

shakinghorizons

QuoteSilverstix - 11/21/2018  6:38 AM

c'mon fockers get those guesses in, I wanna know what the cigar was!!

Soon.

I just PM'd the last 2 to post here.

MusicCity

Avo 88. How are we submitting our reviews?

Silverstix

QuoteMusicCity - 11/21/2018  11:58 AM  Avo 88. How are we submitting our reviews?

I thought of guessing this too, but I had never had one so I didn't have a point of reference.  The good construction would certainly be Davidoff-esque, and the Dominican vibe is right.  I think you're right  

ninfiction

QuoteMusicCity - 11/21/2018  10:58 AM

You can submit your review under this cigar. Pete will make sure they get placed as the correct cigar when all is said and done I believe.

junglepete

I see three entries submitted so far.
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

MusicCity

Quoteninfiction - 11/21/2018  3:23 PM

QuoteMusicCity - 11/21/2018  10:58 AM

You can submit your review under this cigar. Pete will make sure they get placed as the correct cigar when all is said and done I believe.

Review submitted!

gitfiddl

I hope to get mine in today. Sorry to keep y'all waiting. It's been crazy around here.
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

gitfiddl

I finally got the time to smoke this today.  I have no idea what it is, but to me, there's a definite Cubanesque quality to it.  I'm probably way off the mark, but I'm going with a Partagas Serie P No. 2.

Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

gitfiddl

My review is now in, finally, under the Partagas.  I can't wait to find out what I smoked.

shakinghorizons

QuoteMusicCity - 11/21/2018  9:58 AM

Avo 88.

John is correct!!

AVO Limited Edition 2014 88

ninfiction

Wow great job John! Very enjoyable cigar. Thanks Colin!

Chefjohn

I have to be honest guys, it was just one hell of a lucky guess.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.