2018 Toys for Tots Auction

Started by McBryde, 12/01/2018 10:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SenorPablo

Thanks again Emerson!  I have the funds sitting in PayPal and have contacted T4T for their PayPal address since it isn't posted on the site any more.  I'll keep you posted with the correspondence with them.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

SenorPablo

Brad pointed me to the T4T PayPal donation page.  $2431 has been donated.  I'll follow up with an email with them as well.  Thanks again everyone for their generosity and for Emerson for running it!

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

nirab

The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

ninfiction

This is not the admin you're looking for...

Deener27

Wow, great job everyone.  Awesome job pulling this together Em.  Feels good to be a Geek seeing that number for the kids.

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." The Stranger

"Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

"You may run like Mays, but you hit like !@#$." ~Lou Brown in Major League

"Looks like you have El Hosel, the laterals—you know, the S-word" ~ Romeo in Tin Cup

MusicCity

Santa brought this tot his toys today.  Thanks and well done everyone!

McBryde

"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

klamm143

OK folks - here's an update on the "mystical magical kit #1". Brad (Vroomp) as well as myself have been very busy the last several weeks. He and I have remained in contact several times over the last week on the status of kit 1. It arrived and was opened yesterday - WOW - as usual Brad applied "geek math" and/or never learned how to count accurately plus he threw in several accessory items to keep the sticks company. He never disappoints and he went overboard this time as well. I have a few more busy nightshift rotations before finally having a 3 day weekend off. My intentions are to get pics taken and posted as well as updating with a full stick list over the weekend. THANK YOU BRAD and thanks to all who donated, sponsored or contributed in the 2018 T4T Auction.
Kevin R. Lamm

It is what it is - and these things too shall pass. It may pass like a kidney stone - but IT WILL PASS.

Brlesq

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

klamm143

Got a chance to type up the list.........and...........HERE IT IS!!!!!!   (Pics will follow later - this weekend).

5             Illusione Rothchilde                                                
5             Ashton Heritage Robusto                                          
5             Arturo Fuente Double Chateau Churchills                
5             My Father La Reloba Seleccion Oscuro Coronas        
5             Drew Estate Liga Privada #9 Toros                              
5             Alec Bradley K-147 Short Run Robustos                    
5             Drew Estate Bait Fish 4X44                                    
5             Joya de Nicaragua Antaño 1970 Machitos                  
5             Room 101 Daruma Papi Chulo                                  
5             Aurturo Fuente Anejo Reserva Extra Viejo #46
6             My Father Special "S" (Yellow Band)      2 (3 packs)   
5           Davidoff Millennium Blend Lonsdales      
5          Cornelius & Anthony Avant Garde Aerial   
5          Davidoff Nicaragua Robusto Tubos                
5          Zino Platinum  Z Class  643 C         
5          DPG  My Father's La Antiguadad  Robustos      
5             San Cristobal Clasico
5             DPG   My Father's  La Bijou 1922   The Martino   (Special Edition – 20th Anniv – Anthony's Cigar Emporium)
5             Tatuajo   Tattoo  Miami 10
5          Xiphos  Habano  Lionsdale
5             Nestor Miranda  Dopplebok
5             601 La Bomba  Naplam Robustos
5             Undercrown   Corona   Viva
5             Alec Bradley   Star Insignia Torpedos
5             Curivari   SP Seleccion Privada    Calidad Superior

AND......  5 Unbanded sticks from the collection of recently deceased Don Fernando Leon Asensio of La Aurora. Personal daily smokes that were not produced for general production and distribution. These are Cameroons with about 8 and a half years of aging per Brad.

That's 131 sticks so you see, BRAD definitely can not count. I definitely need him to do my book keeping!!!!!!!!!!

Kevin R. Lamm

It is what it is - and these things too shall pass. It may pass like a kidney stone - but IT WILL PASS.

Cfickter

Quite an inventory and auction package.  it will keep you busy for a few days!  :smoker:  :smoker:  :smoker:  :smoker:
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

BewareDaPenguin

Wow that's awesome man enjoy!!! Everyone did a great job such a cool event that's done here on the best cigar site in the world! :smoker:
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

Adwinistrator

God damn that is a nice collection

jagfandaddy

"Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman - or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle."
 George Burns

benchjockey

Lots of outstanding sticks there. Well done!
You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

bstessl

The shadowbox has found its new home!
Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

jagfandaddy

"Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman - or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle."
 George Burns

Cfickter

QuoteSenorPablo - 12/23/2018  9:33 PM  Brad pointed me to the T4T PayPal donation page.  $2431 has been donated.  I'll follow up with an email with them as well.  Thanks again everyone for their generosity and for Emerson for running it!  -Paul

Great Job E and all the Geeks who participated by donating or bidding!

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

nirab

The nirab mystery package is leaving beeuudaful Buda Texas today! Yeeeeehaaawww! :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:

USPS #9505515449939014476235

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

McBryde

Glad it arrived safely Stessl!

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Mautrak

I bid on my item primarily because of one word - Nirab.  I knew that I wouldn't be disappointed and that whatever I bid would be richly rewarded.  Even though I knew this going in, I was blown away by what came in the HUGE box.  I laughed as I kept taking things out of the box.  And they kept coming and coming and coming.  More cigars than I can count.  T-shirt.  Ash tray.  Two hats.  Two huge bottles - one mead and one porter.  And more cigars than I can count.  Did I mention that?  I know Brian long ago lost his ability to count.  But this just about left me speechless.  And that don't happen often!

jagfandaddy

QuoteMautrak - 1/16/2019  8:43 PM

I bid on my item primarily because of one word - Nirab.  I knew that I wouldn't be disappointed and that whatever I bid would be richly rewarded.  Even though I knew this going in, I was blown away by what came in the HUGE box.  I laughed as I kept taking things out of the box.  And they kept coming and coming and coming.  More cigars than I can count.  T-shirt.  Ash tray.  Two hats.  Two huge bottles - one mead and one porter.  And more cigars than I can count.  Did I mention that?  I know Brian long ago lost his ability to count.  But this just about left me speechless.  And that don't happen often!

Wow, very nice haul!!
 George Burns

nirab

I am happy that you are satisfied with the mystery package! Enjoy my brother! :biggrin:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

BewareDaPenguin

"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

Mautrak

Quotenirab - 1/17/2019  11:01 PM

I am happy that you are satisfied with the mystery package! Enjoy my brother! :biggrin:

I don't think "satisfied" accurately captures it.  Flabbergasted perhaps.  Blown away perhaps.  Speechless I think I mentioned.  Laughing like a schoolgirl as I kept taking things out of the box.  But satisfied?  That word is inadequate.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.