First Pass of 2019 (In Progress)

Started by 05Venturer, 12/09/2018 10:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StogieDad

QuoteCfickter - 2/20/2019  11:48 AM

Nice P&Ts
Does anyone know if the LFD Double Ligero Firecracker is part of the Two Guys shop series?

It is Chuck.  That is where I bought them.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Kid Montana

Pass received.  Will post puts/takes Monday and meet up with Calveraz this week for a herf and hand-off.

I'd rather have a cigar...

Brlesq

QuoteKid Montana - 2/23/2019  6:25 PM

Pass received.  Will post puts/takes Monday and meet up with Calveraz this week for a herf and hand-off.

Good luck! Carlos is a much bigger partier than you. Ask him to take you out on the boat!  :biggrin:

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

calvarez

Hah, unfortunately we sold that a couple years ago.  Also, it's full on winter here.  So ready for this crap to be over.
Carlos Alvarez, Peoria, AZ

"I've learned that the taboo subjects -- religion, politics,
philosophy -- can be safely discussed in polite company
when you're holding a fine cigar and a scotch."
  -- Me

Kid Montana

Nirab, what year's production is that Viaje Antidote?

Kid Montana

Puts and takes submitted, will hand off the Pass to calvarez on Wed.

Kid Montana

Pass has been handed off to Carlos.

ninfiction

Looks like it's heading my way next! Perfect, way past due for a smoke with Kent.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

calvarez

I've got it.  Had a good time with Dan at a Drew Estates event.  It was like Christmas.  First, Dan shows up with a nuclear IED of a bomb pack for me.  Some top grade sticks, which included two favorites, and three I've never had.  Then I won the Drew Estates raffle for a huge aluminum and wood ashtray, and some other stuff.  I also bought enough DE sticks to get even more swag.  Then Pedro from DE sat down with us for drinks and bought a round or two.

Unfortunately yesterday was spent out at a new deployment from 7am to 8pm, and I didn't even look in the pass box.  I'm on it today, and might even get it to the PO before cutoff.

-- Me

Kid Montana

Quotecalvarez - 3/1/2019  7:19 AM

I've got it.  Had a good time with Dan at a Drew Estates event.  It was like Christmas.  First, Dan shows up with a nuclear IED of a bomb pack for me.  Some top grade sticks, which included two favorites, and three I've never had.  Then I won the Drew Estates raffle for a huge aluminum and wood ashtray, and some other stuff.  I also bought enough DE sticks to get even more swag.  Then Pedro from DE sat down with us for drinks and bought a round or two.

Unfortunately yesterday was spent out at a new deployment from 7am to 8pm, and I didn't even look in the pass box.  I'm on it today, and might even get it to the PO before cutoff.

Damn!  Congrats.  I'll have to come by some time and check out the winnings!

Cfickter

Quotecalvarez - 3/1/2019  10:19 AM  I've got it.  Had a good time with Dan at a Drew Estates event.  It was like Christmas.  First, Dan shows up with a nuclear IED of a bomb pack for me.  Some top grade sticks, which included two favorites, and three I've never had.  Then I won the Drew Estates raffle for a huge aluminum and wood ashtray, and some other stuff.  I also bought enough DE sticks to get even more swag.  Then Pedro from DE sat down with us for drinks and bought a round or two.  Unfortunately yesterday was spent out at a new deployment from 7am to 8pm, and I didn't even look in the pass box.  I'm on it today, and might even get it to the PO before cutoff.

Nice haul!

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

calvarez

Going to the PO right now, so it will go out today.  Sorry I didn't get it done yesterday, one of our guys was hurt on the job (minor but had to leave), I ended up going out to finish our new deployment.  Long week.  I look forward to smoking one of these shortly.

At only $8, the Warped that I put in there is a hidden value.  It smokes much better than its price.  Actually one of my few box buys recently.

-- Me

05Venturer

Looks like the pass will hit Brian Monday, I am headed out of town Thursday and will be flying back into MSP on Sunday. Possibly a hand off Sunday evening on my way home from MSP depending on timing. If not may need to wait until the following weekend or ship to me.
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

ninfiction

The pass did indeed arrive today. I'm out tonight and wll check it out tomorrow. I'll keep it safe...in the garage, until we can figure out a transfer.

appollo

My puts are in the mail.Thanks for having me.

05Venturer

Thank You to everyone who participated in The First Pass of 2019. It was a lot of fun.
A big thanks to all who added the extra bonus cigars, not necessary but very much appreciated from each of you.
I will try to have feedback for all left by the end of the weekend. Now somebody else get a pass started before I fire up another one dammit  :biggrin:  :biggrin: .

Apollo's takes will be in the mail this weekend headed to the GWN.
Kent

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

ninfiction

Oh yeah, I transitioned the pass....

StogieDad

Very enjoyable pass, thanks for hosting Kent!
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

nirab

QuoteKid Montana - 2/25/2019  6:38 PM

Nirab, what year's production is that Viaje Antidote?

This year :biggrin:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Silverstix

Quote05Venturer - 3/14/2019  7:38 PM  Thank You to everyone who participated in The First Pass of 2019. It was a lot of fun. A big thanks to all who added the extra bonus cigars, not necessary but very much appreciated from each of you. I will try to have feedback for all left by the end of the weekend. Now somebody else get a pass started before I fire up another one dammit  :biggrin:  :biggrin: .  Apollo's takes will be in the mail this weekend headed to the GWN.

Kent thanks for running this and thanks again for allowing me to participate!  

05Venturer

So Apollo received his takes so I am gonna close this one up.
Thanks again to everyone for playing.
Kent

Adwinistrator

Thanks Kent!  Really enjoyed participating in this...  Maybe I'll start the next one up.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.