First Pass of 2019 (In Progress)

Started by 05Venturer, 12/09/2018 10:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

05Venturer

QuoteKid Montana - 12/20/2018  11:41 AM

Quotecalvarez - 12/18/2018  8:44 AM

Interesting, my ad blocker was blocking that.

Hey calvarez, I see you're in Glendale.  I'm down in 'Tukee but I'd love to do an in-person hand off.  

Kent, can we get put next to each other in pass order?  It'll be great to meet another Geek.  :biggrin:

You betcha :biggrin:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

05Venturer

Ok, I have a rough draft of the pass order set up for the members we have so far. I will adjust as we get more joining. Let me know if there are any discrepancies. (Not that I care but certainly do like to hear them LOL)
Kent

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

calvarez

Sounds great.

On the meetup...so many choices.  For high end, super nice, with great outdoor space, there's a place on High Street in Phoenix North.  Lots of great bourbons too.  Wife-approved as "perfect ventilation."  There's Cigar King in Scottsdale, which is BYO, simple, but very interesting and great staff.  Outdoor space is bring your own chair, indoor is furnished.  Midtown there's Don's, which is simple and small.
Carlos Alvarez, Peoria, AZ

"I've learned that the taboo subjects -- religion, politics,
philosophy -- can be safely discussed in polite company
when you're holding a fine cigar and a scotch."
  -- Me

05Venturer

About a week left to get signed up for the First Pass of 2019.
We have a dozen and could certainly find room for a few more.
Kent

05Venturer

:bump:  :bump:  :bump:
Still a few days to get in this Geeks
Kent

CoreyMacLeod

JOIN!  I just won a 5er of Gurkhas that I will be adding.  MSRP $20.00 EACH!
No Signature Necessary.

05Venturer

QuoteCoreyMacLeod - 12/29/2018  12:02 PM

JOIN!  I just won a 5er of Gurkhas that I will be adding.  MSRP $20.00 EACH!

:nono:  :nono:  :crazy:
Kent

CoreyMacLeod

I gave the Gurkhas away.  You are mostly safe.
No Signature Necessary.

05Venturer

OK everyone, Pass Order is set, let me know ASAP if there are any issues. If your address is not public please PM it to either me or the member that will be mailing to you. Ill give everyone a couple days to check order and will send this on the road.  :dancing:
Kent

calvarez

Crap, I was looking forward to my first Gurkha in years.  Oh, actually I think I got some spectacular ones in the CoM last year-ish.  Aside from the fake MSRP, the thing with Gurkha is that their awesome ones are right next to 50 of their crappy ones.

-- Me

Silverstix

Woop woop! Let's get this party started

Kid Montana

Good deal, lets see if we can't wrap this up by March!

I'd rather have a cigar...

05Venturer

On the way David

Kent

Adwinistrator

05Venturer

And the Good Ol' USPS jacks this right off the bat. They delivered a couple packages to my door and decided NOT to grab the box pass out of my mailbox. Should hit the trail today. :angry:
Kent

Cfickter

Man this pass is taking for ever!  this pass just got passed by a sloth!
Oh wait!, isn't this the curmudgeon pass?  Never mind
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

calvarez

-- Me

Silverstix

:snoring:  :snoring:  :snoring:

A woman took a package to the post office to mail and was told it would cost $2.40 for fast delivery or $1.30 for slower service.
"There is no hurry," she told the clerk, "just so the package is delivered in my lifetime."
The postmaster glanced at her and said, "That will be $2.40, please."  :biggrin:

05Venturer

QuoteSilverstix - 1/11/2019  6:46 AM

:snoring:  :snoring:  :snoring:

A woman took a package to the post office to mail and was told it would cost $2.40 for fast delivery or $1.30 for slower service.
"There is no hurry," she told the clerk, "just so the package is delivered in my lifetime."
The postmaster glanced at her and said, "That will be $2.40, please."  :biggrin:

:lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :bigthumbs:
Kent

Deener27

The eagle has landed.  I will get this turned around right quick.  

Don't want to get in trouble for taking longer than I should.

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." The Stranger

"Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

"You may run like Mays, but you hit like !@#$." ~Lou Brown in Major League

"Looks like you have El Hosel, the laterals—you know, the S-word" ~ Romeo in Tin Cup

Deener27

Box is on the way to Longhorn.

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." The Stranger

"Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

"You may run like Mays, but you hit like !@#$." ~Lou Brown in Major League

"Looks like you have El Hosel, the laterals—you know, the S-word" ~ Romeo in Tin Cup

Longhorn

Puts and takes complete - pass transitioned to Druff.  Pinged him to meet at the shop or his house.

Fresh humi-packs in larger container.

Kent - as always - thanks, Brother.

Hook'em!

Adwinistrator

So this is my first cigar pass... What are the best practices?  Do we take pictures and post takes and puts, or is this supposed to be a secret?  Is it discouraged to put too nice a cigar in, as to keep the level as intended from the start?  Any classic faux pas newbs make?

Longhorn

No need to post pictures - most cigars can be found in the database and there are plenty of pictures there.

Here's where you can see what's happening with this pass:
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=cigpass;area=history;boxpass_id=255

For an overview of the pass system, take a look here:
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=articles;sa=view;article=16

All passes have the same general rule: Don't water down the pass!  Your puts should be of equivalent worth as your takes and if you take an ISOM you replace it with another ISOM unless you've cleared it ahead of time with the moderator.

The moderator will establish the rules for benchmark pricing (Kent went with house rules) - CI, Famous, or other reputable online dealers.  Typically you use a single or fiver pricing if available. Otherwise, use box pricing to get to the value of a stick.

It is customary, although not required, to leave a stick or two in the pass marked as gifts for the moderator.

Longhorn

OK, Calvarez, that picture is messing with this thread - I'm in a particularly foul curmudgeon mood.... how about resizing that billboard and reposting?

:thanx:

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.