First Pass of 2019 (In Progress)

Started by 05Venturer, 12/09/2018 10:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kid Montana

QuoteLonghorn - 1/14/2019  6:48 PM

OK, Calvarez, that picture is messing with this thread - I'm in a particularly foul curmudgeon mood.... how about resizing that billboard and reposting?

:thanx:

Dang right, wtf is with that huge pic?

I'd rather have a cigar...

Adwinistrator

QuoteLonghorn - 1/14/2019  9:43 PM

No need to post pictures - most cigars can be found in the database and there are plenty of pictures there.

Here's where you can see what's happening with this pass:
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=cigpass;area=history;boxpass_id=255

For an overview of the pass system, take a look here:
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=articles;sa=view;article=16

All passes have the same general rule: Don't water down the pass!  Your puts should be of equivalent worth as your takes and if you take an ISOM you replace it with another ISOM unless you've cleared it ahead of time with the moderator.

The moderator will establish the rules for benchmark pricing (Kent went with house rules) - CI, Famous, or other reputable online dealers.  Typically you use a single or fiver pricing if available. Otherwise, use box pricing to get to the value of a stick.

It is customary, although not required, to leave a stick or two in the pass marked as gifts for the moderator.

Great info Brad, just what I was looking for.  Sorry I was too lazy to look it up.  :-)

So presumably, the extra puts for those who had takes were for the moderator?  Assuming this is marked on the cigar, and not in the box pass system?

Cfickter

QuoteAdwinistrator - 1/15/2019  9:46 AM  
QuoteLonghorn - 1/14/2019  9:43 PM  No need to post pictures - most cigars can be found in the database and there are plenty of pictures there.  Here's where you can see what's happening with this pass: http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=cigpass;area=history;boxpass_id=255  For an overview of the pass system, take a look here: http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=articles;sa=view;article=16  All passes have the same general rule: Don't water down the pass!  Your puts should be of equivalent worth as your takes and if you take an ISOM you replace it with another ISOM unless you've cleared it ahead of time with the moderator.  The moderator will establish the rules for benchmark pricing (Kent went with house rules) - CI, Famous, or other reputable online dealers.  Typically you use a single or fiver pricing if available. Otherwise, use box pricing to get to the value of a stick.  It is customary, although not required, to leave a stick or two in the pass marked as gifts for the moderator.
Great info Brad, just what I was looking for.  Sorry I was too lazy to look it up.  :-)   So presumably, the extra puts for those who had takes were for the moderator?  Assuming this is marked on the cigar, and not in the box pass system?

Extra sticks for the moderator are not listed in the puts and takes, there should be a separate bag marked for any donation to the moderator. (BTW Kent likes White Owls and Acids).
Extra puts are just Geek math.  Many people will add an extra into the pass just to help it grow

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

calvarez

Bunch of whiny little girls.  The photo looks just fine on my 28" 5k monitor.  Sheesh.  I had just linked to it from somewhere, changed it to just be a link.  Joke's over anyway...

Quote(BTW Kent likes White Owls and Acids).

Damn, and I already had his Ron Mexicos aging in the compost bin.
Carlos Alvarez, Peoria, AZ

"I've learned that the taboo subjects -- religion, politics,
philosophy -- can be safely discussed in polite company
when you're holding a fine cigar and a scotch."
  -- Me

Adwinistrator

So you're saying Kent would love something like this?

https://i.imgur.com/ZMjOdeq.jpg" width = 400>

05Venturer

Pump the Brakes their fellas, no need to add anything extra for me running this.
Don't want anyone to have to add extraneous amounts of postage to keep it moving.
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Kid Montana

QuoteCfickter - 1/15/2019  7:03 AM

Extra puts are just Geek math.  Many people will add an extra into the pass just to help it grow

And its completely necessary, though a nice bonus for the pass host.

Adwinistrator

Quote05Venturer - 1/15/2019  12:19 PM

Pump the Brakes their fellas, no need to add anything extra for me running this.
Don't want anyone to have to add extraneous amounts of postage to keep it moving.

I was going to gift you a bowling ball, but I guess you have a point...

And don't lie, that "Got Your 6" has you drooling.

calvarez

No worries, I will remove any extra bulls**t in there put by those thoughtless bastards and lighten the load for everyone.

-- Me

Kid Montana

Quotecalvarez - 1/15/2019  10:30 AM

No worries, I will remove any extra bulls**t in there put by those thoughtless bastards and lighten the load for everyone.

Naw, don't want you to shoulder that load fam, I'll do it.   :angel:

Silverstix

Guys please - my first pass, the least I can do as the newb here is take the brunt of the burden and get rid of the extras so the next guy doesn't have to worry about it.  I insist

Longhorn

Bite me.

05Venturer

QuoteLonghorn - 1/15/2019  10:46 PM

Bite me.

Who is this Longhorn fella with Fallopian Tubes for an avatar   :-0  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:
Kent

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

DRuff

Puts and Takes done, transitioned to Chuck, box going back out today

appollo

This pass is really moving.No lagtime on this one so far. :-)

calvarez

The pressure is on.  When it gets to PHX we'll have to plan a get-together for the hand-to-hand-hand-off pretty quickly.

-- Me

Silverstix

Quotecalvarez - 1/16/2019  3:26 PM  The pressure is on.  When it gets to PHX we'll have to plan a get-together for the hand-to-hand-hand-off pretty quickly.

Sounds kinky  :shy:  

Deener27

QuoteSilverstix - 1/16/2019  2:56 PM

Quotecalvarez - 1/16/2019  3:26 PM  The pressure is on.  When it gets to PHX we'll have to plan a get-together for the hand-to-hand-hand-off pretty quickly.

Yeah, I mean who doesn't like a good hand to hand hand off....

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." The Stranger

"Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

"You may run like Mays, but you hit like !@#$." ~Lou Brown in Major League

"Looks like you have El Hosel, the laterals—you know, the S-word" ~ Romeo in Tin Cup

Cfickter

QuoteDeener27 - 1/17/2019  7:04 AM  

Edward Scissorhands! 

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Silverstix

QuoteCfickter - 1/17/2019  7:35 AM  
QuoteDeener27 - 1/17/2019  7:04 AM  

Edward Scissorhands! 

:-0  :-0  :-0  :-0  :-0

Cfickter

Box arrived yesterday, slightly crushed on one side but salvageable
will do the P&Ts and ship on MOnday

Cfickter

Puts and takes done, will ship Monday

Cfickter

Pass transitioned - I guess today being MLK Day, no Mail pick up so will go out Tuesday

Cfickter

05Venturer

QuoteCfickter - 1/24/2019  9:12 AM

Should land tomorrow!
Looks like it landed today  :dancing:
Kent

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.