Your Worst Cigar Ever

Started by junglepete, 03/21/2019 05:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonM

Quote1sgjeffward - 3/25/2019  5:17 AM

Victor Sinclair 55 Series (ALL) tried 2 of the group that came in a package and actually threw the other 3 away.

I have never had the Dragons Milk, so the worst is definitely the Victor Sinclair 55.  I too, threw all of them away. I just couldn't bring myself to subject anyone to the agony of smoking one

"The Curmudgeon"

bgrez

Odd first forum post. Not much of a forum posting person, but I couldn't resist this one.

My worst was a Macanudo Maduro Hampton Court (Tubo). I expected a decent medium grade cigar; it was Macanudo after all. Not exactly yellow Cohiba, but a solid name nonetheless.

I cut it and the draw was very very tight. I was sucking as hard as I physically could, and got barely any air through. So I cut it further...no change. Twice more I moved up hoping to gain some draw with no luck. To its credit I was well past the cap and it didn't unravel. So it had that going for it.

At that point I figured I'd just have to hope I was capable of sucking a golf ball through a garden hose and lit it. I gave it all my might and was rewarded with a flavor I can only describe as mushrooms so rotten they could grow other mushrooms on top of them, with a distinct undertone of swamp.

I was pretty determined to have a decent smoke, so I kept on anyway hoping the flavor would change quickly. I smoked about a quarter inch of it before I finally admitted defeat, cut off the cherry, and chucked it as far into the woods as I could. I felt like Swamp Thing had just blown a load in my mouth, and went inside and gargled Listerine and generally felt dirty for a few minutes.

I don't know if the B&M I got it from had just kept it at 90% humidity until the insides were rotten, or if that's what those normally taste like...but I've never been brave enough to get another to find out. That, gents, was the worst cigar I ever had.

junglepete

Quotebgrez - 3/26/2019  3:43 PM

Odd first forum post. Not much of a forum posting person, but I couldn't resist this one....

That does sound like a pretty awful cigar  :blech:  ... and welcome to the site.
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

nirab

This is my worst cigar ever...

Leon Jimenes Imperiales Corojo Maduro Short Robusto   5/30/2013 8:12:35 AM
Rating: 1 Star Rating   Edit this Review
This is a great looking cigar...and a horrible tasting one! I barely got to the half point when I had to chunk this hunk of shyte. It tasted exactly like licking a 70's black light poster that has mold on the felt, toss in a hint of dirty, used unflavored edible underwear, and finishes with a heavy dose of crap on the palate. If sucking on a great looking, perfectly formed piece of dog shyte fits your flavor profile, then this thing is a winner. This dude Leon, whose name is on the band, would be best served to put some azzholes name on it...call it the Sandusky Corojo Juvenile Maduro Butthole Robusto.
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

gitfiddl

QuoteDonM - 3/25/2019  4:50 PM

Quote1sgjeffward - 3/25/2019  5:17 AM

Victor Sinclair 55 Series (ALL) tried 2 of the group that came in a package and actually threw the other 3 away.

I have never had the Dragons Milk, so the worst is definitely the Victor Sinclair 55.  I too, threw all of them away. I just couldn't bring myself to subject anyone to the agony of smoking one

When I seriously got into cigars 12 years ago, I went through several Victor Sinclair samplers.  The 55 series were hit and miss, as were Bohemians.  I do remember liking the Corojo 55 and one or two of the Bohemians.  That said, the Victor Sinclair Vintage Select and Triple Corojo are probably the only two of their cigars I'd ever purchase again.
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

Lukasj

Thanks! The one I had got super bitter half way through and I had to throw it out.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.