Some cBid Deals

Started by wescat, 02/04/2019 09:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PETE314

Haven't checked up on this thread in a while.  Haven't been shopping in a while.  Have a lot of inventory already and not smoking as much as I used to....But always interested a good deal...lol  Haven't bought a new lighter in a while...may take a look...and you know...if I get a lighter...I might as well get another one of those Palio's cheap...gotta save on that shipping...LOL...Oh and then I might as well get some things to cut and light...maybe a box or 2 and some 5 packs...got to save on that shipping again...LOL
I thought I was wrong once....but I was mistaken....

What good is it to wear your lucky rocketship underpants if nobody wants to see them????

arrow34

There are deals to be had still, but as Gary said, seems like they have a reduced lot sizes and the better deals tend to be in the freefalls.  I was good and didn't buy more to "reduce" shipping.  But for certain auctions in the freefall lane, you can get below the usual price on 5's and 10s.   I was able to beat some of Cigarpage's deals.  But sometimes, CP does a decent job on sticks that they don't put on Cbid.  I have started to keep a spreadsheet of pricing from cp deals and some cbid freefalls.  I wonder if I can host it or put it somewhere, so we can work to keep current pricing.

headfirst

You could put it on a google doc, I've seen others do that with spreadsheet stuff around here.
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

wescat

cBid currently (until 11 PM CST 1/4/2020) has a Caldwell Mega-Sampler of 20 Cigars on Free Fall: https://www.cigarbid.com/a/caldwell-mega-sampler/3431388/

You get:

4 – Caldwell E.S. Midnight Express Robusto (5" x 50)
4 – Caldwell Dos Firmas Robusto (4.7" x 52)
4 – Caldwell The King is Dead Robusto (5.5" x 50)
4 – Caldwell Eastern Standard Robusto (5" x 50)
4 – Caldwell Long Live the King Corona Gorda (5.7" x 46)

They will go below $80 every cycle. The lowest I observed was $73.54

With shipping that comes to $80.49, or $4.03 per, if you buy nothing else.

The lowest prices I know of on these 20 cigars is at Cigarpage, would come to $136.68 total. Which makes the current cBid deal a 41% savings.

Not a bad deal.
The second law chases us all.
In most realms, tranquility comes from ownership.
Order ensues when everyone totes their own water.  
Stand firm, and never let the bastards grind you down.  
Life's arc is primarily charted between ones ears.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
Heaven is where the police are British, the lovers French, the mechanics German, the chefs Italian, and it is all organized by the Swiss.
Hell is where the police are German, the lovers Swiss, the mechanics French, the chefs British, and it is all organized by the Italians.
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

wescat

Here's another one.

cBid currently (until 11 PM CST 1/4/2020) has Caldwell The Last Tsar Belicoso (5.5"x52) Boxes of 10 on Free Fall: https://www.cigarbid.com/a/caldwell-the-last-tsar-cigars/3431380/

It will go below $70 most cycles. The lowest I observed was $64.08

With shipping that comes to $7.10 per, if you buy nothing else.

CI's everyday price is $130.50 for 10. Which makes the current cBid deal a 45% discount, on a LE cigar.

Not too bad.
Heaven is where the police are British, the lovers French, the mechanics German, the chefs Italian, and it is all organized by the Swiss.
Hell is where the police are German, the lovers Swiss, the mechanics French, the chefs British, and it is all organized by the Italians.
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

tuck0411

Espinosa Habano No. 4 Robusto 10 packs are currently on Freefall.  I saw it reset at $32.01, then got it at $32.78.  It's probably my favorite stick of 2019.

https://www.cigarbid.com/a/espinosa-habano-cigars/3431530/

Todd

"Those sticks won't smoke themselves..." -- OZZ

junglepete

Thanks for the tip. I've been wanting to try them and for $31.22 I'm happy to give them a go.  :cheer:
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

junglepete

And then there are these on the freefall:

CAO Brazilia Goal as low as $22.00 for 10

COA Potomac as low as $27.00 for 10 (people used to like these for the 4th of July.

Macanudo Inspirado Red $18.00 for box of 10 ...WHAT! very good price for a pretty good cigar.

Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

tuck0411

Quotejunglepete - 1/1/2020  11:33 AM

Macanudo Inspirado Red $18.00 for box of 10 ...WHAT! very good price for a pretty good cigar.

Yeah, that's a good one at a great price.  Just saw the 5 Vegas Classic Torpedo 10 pack reset at $16.73.  One of my favorite medium blends, but the stogie budget is tapped out for another week or three...
Todd

wescat

There are Caldwell "Seconds" in the market now. Anyone tried them? How were they?
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

BewareDaPenguin

Quotewescat - 1/16/2020  1:50 PM

There are Caldwell "Seconds" in the market now. Anyone tried them? How were they?

Interesting...I have not but I am interested as well, enjoy most sticks by cadwell
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

Cfickter

if you are looking for a good morning smoke the Room 101, Breakfast in Portugal is a good choice and usually under $3
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

wescat

QuoteCfickter - 1/16/2020  12:38 PM

if you are looking for a good morning smoke the Room 101, Breakfast in Portugal is a good choice and usually under $3
Hey Chuck.

Those have been going for ~ $2.35 on cBid lately.

How do they compare to an Undercrown Shade?
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

Cfickter

Quotewescat - 1/16/2020  4:56 PM  
QuoteCfickter - 1/16/2020  12:38 PM  if you are looking for a good morning smoke the Room 101, Breakfast in Portugal is a good choice and usually under $3
Hey Chuck.  Those have been going for ~ $2.35 on cBid lately.  How do they compare to an Undercrown Shade?

The Shade definitely has more of a bite to it, ever so slightly stronger, slightly spicier.  The one issue with the 101 is the wrappers are super thin and I have had cracking issues, while smoking.  Now I know Conn. shade wrappers are notorious for being fragile, this one just seems a little more so.

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

wescat

IMO, the time right after Christmas is the best time of the year to pickup deals on cBid. I've only bought one set so far, these prices are per cigar and include shipping.

Happy Hunting y'all.

La Reloba Seleccion Oscuro   1.44
HC Series Gran Limitado Mega-Sampler 20 Cigars      1.54
Drew Estate Nica Rustica Short Robusto (4.5"x50) Pack of 25            2.24
Diesel Salomon Super-Sampler 12 Cigars   2.47
Ave Maria Argentum Morning Star (Perfecto) (5.0"x58) Pack of 5         2.64
Illusione Rothchildes Connecticut   3.14
Caldwell Collection - The King Is Dead Premier   3.64
Caldwell La Barba Red (Toro) (6.0"x54) Pack of 5       4.04
Tatuaje Havana VI Verocu No.9 Petite Robusto (4.5"x49) Pack of 5     4.24
Caldwell Long Live The King (Toro) (6.0"x52) Pack of 5   4.24
Asylum Straight Jacket Toro (6.0"x54) Box of 10   4.59
Illusione Garagiste Robusto   4.64
Crowned Heads Las Calaveras EL 2017 LC50   6.14
Don Pepin Garcia Serie JJ Salomon (7.2"x57) Box of 5   7.34
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

tuck0411

Pretty decent sampler...
https://www.cigarbid.com/a/top-flight-20-cigar-sampler-ii/3453412/

Lowest price I've seen it reset at so far is $63.91, which comes to $3.20 per stick before taxes and shipping.
Todd

Hollywood_Jones

Damn this thread cost me money!  Couldnt pass up that Caldwell deal!

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.