CigarGeeks Fantasy Baseball 2019 - 6th Annual

Started by StogieDad, 03/05/2019 09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ninfiction

I've only been in 4 of 5 seasons. Won it all in 2017 with a record of 18-3.

Overall record of 49-31-1 for a .605 winning percentage.

That includes my first 2 seasons of 8-11 & 10-9

Can't wait for this season!
This is not the admin you're looking for...

StogieDad

I've had a solid 5 seasons, but last year was the first one I took the crown.

Overall 68-33 for a .673 winning percentage.  Best record was last year at 18-3.

1st once, 2nd once, 3rd twice, and a losing record in year 2!

Looking forward to this year fellas!
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Caveman Steve

Off and running!

What's up with the scoring???

Site started keeping score before the season started.   :?:
"yesterday I did nothing, and today I'm finishing what I did yesterday"

Deener27

QuoteCaveman Steve - 3/30/2019  6:29 AM

Off and running!

What's up with the scoring???

Site started keeping score before the season started.   :?:

There were 2 games in Japan a week or 10 days ago that were regular season contests.

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." The Stranger

"Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

"You may run like Mays, but you hit like !@#$." ~Lou Brown in Major League

"Looks like you have El Hosel, the laterals—you know, the S-word" ~ Romeo in Tin Cup

Cfickter

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Cfickter

Last two undefeated go down this week, tightening up all the races

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

StogieDad

Hey guys, no particular hurry but I want to get all cigars in before the All-Star Break.  I've gotten a few updates so I appreciate it, but for those who haven't, please send your 10 cigars, 1 Ultra-Premium, and a couple dog rockets out as soon as you can so I can start checking that off.

Thanks!

Good run so far, very competitive.

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

ninfiction

Crap, totally put this out of mind. I will get something together this week. Sorry Michael

StogieDad

Quoteninfiction - 5/6/2019  12:20 PM

Crap, totally put this out of mind. I will get something together this week. Sorry Michael

Nobody needs to be sorry, we have plenty of time.  I just wanted to get it out there so everyone had time to complete.  We are all good!
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

Kid Montana

To clarify, its 10 total, to include 1 super premium, 2 dog rockets and 7 everyday smokes, or should it be 10 everyday smokes, 1 ultra premium, and 2 dog rockets (13 cigars)?

I'd rather have a cigar...

nirab

I'll be getting mine out this week...I think!!  :biggrin:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

StogieDad

QuoteKid Montana - 5/6/2019  2:31 PM

To clarify, its 10 total, to include 1 super premium, 2 dog rockets and 7 everyday smokes, or should it be 10 everyday smokes, 1 ultra premium, and 2 dog rockets (13 cigars)?

10 for the winner, plus 1 ultra premium for all star break, + dog rockets.
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

Cfickter

Kid Montana

It was an exciting matchup this week with Stogiedad!

StogieDad

QuoteKid Montana - 5/13/2019  8:28 AM

Man, I tried to run you down that last day but you had just enough!  Great game!
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

Kid Montana

QuoteStogieDad - 5/13/2019  10:26 AM

QuoteKid Montana - 5/13/2019  8:28 AM

Man, I tried to run you down that last day but you had just enough!  Great game!

I thought I screwed myself by leaving that reliever with 8 points on the bench!

Kid Montana

Stogiedad, cigars on the way.  9500 1123 9652 9138 4791 03

StogieDad

Just to start a list, I have received a couple of the packages so I wanted to get a running tally up.  Time to start getting them out, not a big deal if you haven't but the All-Star Break will be here before you know it.  Thanks guys!

johncw -
ninfiction -  
cfickter -
05venturer -  
deener27 -  
kman -  
Kid Montana - recvd
Caveman Steve -  
nirab -  recvd
StogieDad - recvd
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

StogieDad

Also, big thanks to Nirab who (totally unneccesary BTW) dropped a sweet handful of smokes for the commish.  Greatly appreciated brother!

-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

ninfiction

Demit, I said I would and I haven't. It will happen this weekend.

Interesting season so far, very enjoyable.

05Venturer

QuoteStogieDad - 5/24/2019  10:18 AM

Just to start a list, I have received a couple of the packages so I wanted to get a running tally up.  Time to start getting them out, not a big deal if you haven't but the All-Star Break will be here before you know it.  Thanks guys!

johncw -
ninfiction -  
cfickter -
05venturer -  
deener27 -  
kman -  
Kid Montana - recvd
Caveman Steve -  
nirab -  recvd
StogieDad - recvd
Mine will get packed up this weekend and be out Tuesday  :bigthumbs:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

nirab

QuoteStogieDad - 5/24/2019  12:20 PM

Also, big thanks to Nirab who (totally unneccesary BTW) dropped a sweet handful of smokes for the commish.  Greatly appreciated brother!

The Commish deserves to be paid!! That Tatuaje has some serious age on it...and, you are very welcome brother!!  :biggrin:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Cfickter

Damn Michael, that was a hell of a battle this week.  I was down by 100 and fought back, lost it on the last player on the last day!

Cfickter

Will get my cigars out the week, promise

StogieDad

QuoteCfickter - 5/27/2019  12:10 PM

Damn Michael, that was a hell of a battle this week.  I was down by 100 and fought back, lost it on the last player on the last day!

Man, I barely hung on.  Jordan Hicks crapped the bed and had a huge negative and before I knew it you were ahead.  Fortunate to pull that one out, good one brother!
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.