Funky Burn Behavior (Or Something Along That Vein)

Started by gitfiddl, 03/30/2019 01:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gitfiddl

Talk about bad quality control and vein issues.  This is the La Palina Classic I smoked (or tried to) earlier today I've seen larger veins in wrappers and noticed bumps caused by veins in the underlying binder. And while I've had them affect the burn a little, I can't remember seeing one quite this pronounced.  The vein that's not burning and runs along the length of the cigar is in the binder; the vein that crosses it is in the wrapper.  I moistened the wrapper to make the vein more visible in the pictures (sorry about my white legs).  To matters even worse, the draw started getting really tight.  The ash dropped just as I was loading the pics and the center had started to tunnel by about a half an inch.  Just a bad cigar experience all around.  The cigar started out tasting sub-par, kind of stale grassy and had just started to get better when the burn and draw issues started.  I tossed it in disgust.
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

headfirst

I've had an LP classic before and it wasn't bad, but it's been a while.  Bummer, but maybe just a dud?

And yeah man, those first two pics burned my eyes a little   :lmao:
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

Brlesq

Quoteheadfirst - 3/30/2019  3:21 PM

:lmao:  :lmao:  I was thinking the same thing
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

gitfiddl

QuoteBrlesq - 3/30/2019  3:24 PM

Quoteheadfirst - 3/30/2019  3:21 PM

:lmao:  :lmao:  I was thinking the same thing

You know you both want me! :shy:
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

junglepete

:biggrin: That is some angry veins there Dave, on the cigar I mean...lol, you better get you some of that Florida sunshine soon!
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

headfirst

When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

DonM

I had picked a couple of samplers from CP with the La Palina Classic, Red and Black about 6 months ago.  You could smoke one with good results and the next one would suck, burn or flavor.  I find them hit and miss?  

"The Curmudgeon"

gitfiddl

QuoteDonM - 3/31/2019  8:46 AM

I had picked a couple of samplers from CP with the La Palina Classic, Red and Black about 6 months ago.  You could smoke one with good results and the next one would suck, burn or flavor.  I find them hit and miss?  

I picked up the same sampler back in January, 2018.  I just couldn't resist 15 reasonably respected cigars for $25.  I think this was the first of the bunch I'd smoked.

jagfandaddy

"Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman - or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle."
 George Burns

arrow34

That is a bummer...  I just had a classic a few weeks back, burned ok...  As far as the red and black go, I still have a few floating around my stock and they were my go to (got a few stupid cheap boxes).  Just not as exciting as most other sticks, but still good.  I might have to revisit it...  But the classis was just ok in my book, the oscoro was really good, had one last week.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.